Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe my particular problem is everything I eat is coated in batter and then fried. Chicken, chips, fish, pizzas, red, black, white and haggis puddings, King ribs, steaks, Mars bars and curly wurlies of course
Didn't think you fried haggis, but I just learned about the "haggis supper". You people are mental.

Didn't think you fried haggis, but I just learned about the "haggis supper". You people are mental.

YOU PEOPLE!?!?! :dembelewtf:

But in all seriousness, the shit that gets fried in this country is fucking mental. I've only ever had a deep fried mars bar out of curiousity. Not nearly as good as a deep fried Toffee Crisp. We also make haggis Pakora and invented the Chicken Tikka Masala. The story is some bloke wanted Chicken Tikka and Gravy so the restaurant just made something up on the fly, hence why no Tikka Masala is ever the same really. Its no wonder we die by the time we hit 35. Euan McGregor and Billy Connolly are the exceptions of course.

A very good player and one much better than Lamela.
07KBgvM.gif

Anyone who still thinks Zaha would not have been a good signing needs to eat the same humble pie Alan Shearer just ate.

A very good player and one much better than Lamela.

He is not better than Lamela but he is a proper wide player unlike Lamela who is more a number 10 and his pace and power from wide areas would help us.

I think Lamela looked more of an attacking threat in Serie A, and lost a bit of that when he developed his defensive side. Because of that, Zaha is perhaps better in some attacking areas, but I've seen nothing to suggest Zaha has anywhere near the ability of Lamela in:

- Defending
- Strength
- Resiliance
- Pressing
- Ball control
- Aggression
- Determination

etc.

I think Lamela looked more of an attacking threat in Serie A, and lost a bit of that when he developed his defensive side. Because of that, Zaha is perhaps better in some attacking areas, but I've seen nothing to suggest Zaha has anywhere near the ability of Lamela in:

- Defending
- Strength
- Resiliance
- Pressing
- Ball control
- Aggression
- Determination

etc.

You forgot shooting, passing, crossing, vision, dribbling... well pretty much everything besides pace lol

Is Zaha better than Lamela? No. But they're completely different types of players anyway.

The best comparison with a player on our team is Sissoko. Is Zaha better than Sissoko? - Oh lordy yes.

Everything that Sissoko touched turned into shite today. I have no doubt that Zaha would have been a very handy outlet indeed if inserted into our squad, and he manages to impress in a team much much worse than ours. Whack him alongside Eriksen and Dele and we'd be laughing.

I feel kinda bad writing a player off, but honestly, the simple switch of Zaha for Sissoko would make us immediately better. Sissoko is really bad, isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom