Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tottenham are TOO good for Isco?

Heard it all now.

We're doing fantastically well but if we really want to push on to the next level we need more quality.

You could go through this forum and find numerous match threads where people bemoan our lack of quality, creativity, efficiency in front of goal. Getting a world class player would be a huge statement and take us to the next level. You only have to look at how we did when Bale was in the team, he actually won games for us in spite of the turgid AVB football the rest of the team were playing.

The fact we now have a great balanced team would make a player of that calibre even more exciting.

The thing about 3 at the back is we allowed the front 3 a lot of space. Particularly Eriksen. Why it has work well with us down to 3 factors :
1. Eriksen has a ton of space to be everywhere and making an impact from distance.
2. Walker and Rose got the speed and explosiveness necessary.
3. Dembele and Wanyama need not to be massively involved in build up or killer pass.

Whether we are going with 3421 next season though i still wonder. Cause who fits the right profile? Will Lamela able to play in that system? Who to bring in as Kane and Eriksen cover?
i think the middle ground would be playing 433 with a deep lying playmaker. Eriksen might be the 3 in the middle.

Dailymail is doing an article about 50 best young players in europe. I would really like to see us bring 2 of those. As for striker, who will be better than Moussa Dembele?

If we bring Zaha or Barkley in, i would silence and keep my judgement. But objectively i think they wont do much better than what they are providing now.

As for striker, who will be better than Moussa Dembele?

Should be sign Scott Sinclair too, whilst we're at it?

Scott Sinclair (who couldn't cut it in the championship) has 15 league goals in 26 games, Dembele has 17 in 27.

Let's think about that for a minute before considering just how flattering the SPL is....

How did Wanyama do in the Scottish League?

Crushed it. How did Scott Sinclair do for City? I imagine half our rejects would waltz into Celtic and have great numbers. Ryan Mason is easily as good as Scott Brown, doesn't mean we should have kept him. Any signing from a league the quality of the SPL is a huge gamble, one we shouldn't be looking at. Gary Hooper had a fantastic time at Celtic, bit shit for Norwich though.

If Pocchettino is to persist with a back 3, I'd certainly look to acquire a third starting centreback to play next to the Belgians, plus maybe a veteran who's willing to be rotated in; Dier's not up to it.

Michael Keane is the most obvious fit, with only a year left on his contract, and his years in the lower leagues have galvanised his all-round defensive capability, something CCV should be exposed to. Wimmer can be disposed of for a decent price, with Davies given a fair crack at rotating with Jan to keep Vertonghen fresh.

Dier might just find himself in limbo this summer; adore him as a midfielder and would personally build the team around him, but it's clear Wanyama and Dembele have been promised the midfield when fit, and the emergence of Winks plus potential arrivals of Barkley/Tielmens might further limit his opportunities.

Mourinho is meant to be a big fan, and rather than take £35m cash to play some more transfer roulette with, it'd make more sense to engineer a swap with Martial, a player who'd justify the sacrifice and immediately improve the first 11 here; he's got Balon D'Or potential in the right environment with the right coach.
Have you seen Davies head the ball?
Dieir is suspect at cb but he's versatile. He has played in 4 different position s since he's been here. He'd probably grow in one.
To be honest if anyone of the defence should go it would be Davies.
I haven't seen anything from him , even in his good games, that makes me feel he will be better.
He's slow, can't head, can't cross, is always making errors and can't recover fast enough.
However he's not first choice.

Have you seen Davies head the ball?
Dieir is suspect at cb but he's versatile. He has played in 4 different position s since he's been here. He'd probably grow in one.
To be honest if anyone of the defence should go it would be Davies.
I haven't seen anything from him , even in his good games, that makes me feel he will be better.
He's slow, can't head, can't cross, is always making errors and can't recover fast enough.
However he's not first choice.

That's been his position for Wales, left of the back 3, and he's always looked accomplished. Better suited there than Wimmer as a squad option.

That's been his position for Wales, left of the back 3, and he's always looked accomplished. Better suited there than Wimmer as a squad option.
Is there any reason Poch/Rose can't teach GKN to play LWB allowing Davies to be CB cover? He's go great pace and is damn near a clone size wise to Danny and from what little I have seen of him is able to tackle well and has good instincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom