Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant agree we desperately lack that, on the back of scoring more than every other club in the PL last season, including the clubs those three play for.

You could say they desperately lack a player who can come off the bench and still bag 22 goals, like we have in Son
We lack a player like that to stretch opposition when they're pressuring us. Just look at the Liverpool and Monaco games last season

It's not completely gone. There are plenty of teams that need to bring in money just to get around the FFP rules. Roma were one before Salah, pretty sure Inter still need to sell over the next few weeks.

you are right. according to The UEFA Club Financial Control Body, only Porto failed to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations during the 2017 financial year. (which just goes to show what a load of tosh it all is)

We lack a player like that to stretch opposition when they're pressuring us. Just look at the Liverpool and Monaco games last season

To be fair, that's just 2 games.

Whilst I agree we lack an alternative, that doesn't mean we lack a small Sanchez type player. It just means we need someone with pace who is willing to run the channels as a way to release the pressure we were under, especially in the Liverpool game. I remember that game particularly because I realised Kane isn't the striker for those games or could have done with help from someone with pace in those games.

To be fair, that's just 2 games.

Whilst I agree we lack an alternative, that doesn't mean we lack a small Sanchez type player. It just means we need someone with pace who is willing to run the channels as a way to release the pressure we were under, especially in the Liverpool game. I remember that game particularly because I realised Kane isn't the striker for those games or could have done with help from someone with pace in those games.
Personally I don't see how a Hazard type player helps when you are getting battered to shit in your own final 3rd, like at Anfield.

Just imagine us with Ginola or Bale, we would win the league.

Not sure if Ginola could handle a pre-season with a Poch at his age........:pochohshit:

1463792426502.jpg

Personally I don't see how a Hazard type player helps when you are getting battered to shit in your own final 3rd, like at Anfield.

Which is what I said - unless you were agreeing with me.

A Hazard, Sanchez type would have suffered the same fate as Eriksen and Son did on the day. For the top teams in the league (besides us), Liverpool away is probably the hardest fixture in the league. They press exceptionally well and you can't play a high line against them simply because the pace they have is frightening.

It's ONE game in a 45+ game season and a Hazard, Sanchez type isn't going to help in one game. I think there is a likeability about players with a low centre of gravity who can turn in a phone box and escape from a busy defence, ala Maradona, Messi, Sanchez etc. and they get you off your feet, but our team is a unique team full of players who play for eachother with a heart for Tottenham, we don'tr NEED one.

Eriksen is the closest we have to that and he's pretty damn good.

Pep Guardiola given £250m summer war chest

Mendy £40M
Sanchez £60M
Walker £50M
Ederson £35M
Silva £45M
Alves free
Bertrand £ 20M

£250M

how on earth is this 'fair play'?
Don't see the problem. They have a multi-billionaire owner who wants to spunk 250mil on his football team. Good luck to them.

We also have a multi-billionaire owner who just spunked £130mil on a new yacht for his Bahamian tax dodge haven.

Would probably be the same even if there were, just with lower figures....Uefa only relaxed the rules when they realised the PL TV money was going to be 'unfair' on the rest of europe
Hmm, I think it was more due to certain clubs finally dispensing with appearances of adhering to FFP and deciding to sue FIFA instead.

I actually think Lallana would suit our team more than Coutinho.

Yeah, great player but not sure about his finishing - almost like he runs out of steam when the opportunity arises, which is strange for a player with such high energy levels.

Coutinho's a different kettle of fish imo, a game changer. I like the way he often tries to engineer a 1-2 on the edge of the box to break the line - very Gazza like.

Yeah, great player but not sure about his finishing - almost like he runs out of steam when the opportunity arises, which is strange for a player with such high energy levels.

Coutinho's a different kettle of fish imo, a game changer. I like the way he often tries to engineer a 1-2 on the edge of the box to break the line - very Gazza like.

I think for our team and Poch's style of play - i'd even take Firmino over Coutinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom