Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 years ago.

Zero progression and serious regression within that time doesn't bode well for him.

That's just your opinion.

He's had an underwhelming season under a coach who has alienated him all season, criticising him in public. His performances still show he's a decent option despite that.

I can't take any claims of "serious regression" seriously when his performances the season before (2015/16) were still very good (12 goals, 11 assists).

I dont think feel Davis is as good as trips going forward. I like Eriksen, but his deffo not as good as Silva. Also find it hard to believe Wanyama was bought as back up
For me Davies is better than Tripps in every aspect. Tripps assists this season, why everyone is banging on and on about him, came against two teams, Hull and Watford I believe. Davies keeps our balance. With Tripps we have to tweek our game to compensate.

Silva has been one of my favorite players to watch, however his past two seasons (last year especially) have been poor by his standards. He no longer contributes as he used to, Erikssen is far more influential with Spurs than Silva with Citeh. His new namesake is there to replace him.

Where's your evidence on Wanyama?

That's just your opinion.

He's had an underwhelming season under a coach who has alienated him all season, criticising him in public. His performances still show he's a decent option despite that.

I can't take any claims of "serious regression" seriously when his performances the season before (2015/16) were still very good (12 goals, 11 assists).

You're right. It is my opinion.

Was that not an Everton fan who posted that video? Interesting the old Ross from when he was 19 years old is the one they want back and not the one who statistically performed pretty well last season.

He isn't good enough for Spurs. Certainly not to start. He's better than Sissoko and N'Koudou though, for the right price. Don't think he's worth anymore than £18,000,000 personally. Especially if he's in the last year of his contract, isn't an England regular and coming off the back of the season he's had.

For me Davies is better than Tripps in every aspect. Tripps assists this season, why everyone is banging on and on about him, came against two teams, Hull and Watford I believe. Davies keeps our balance. With Tripps we have to tweek our game to compensate.

Silva has been one of my favorite players to watch, however his past two seasons (last year especially) have been poor by his standards. He no longer contributes as he used to, Erikssen is far more influential with Spurs than Silva with Citeh. His new namesake is there to replace him.

Where's your evidence on Wanyama?

Silva was exceptional last season. I think Eriksen was better, but Silva last season probably had his best ever in England since his first season. How he missed out on the Team of the Year is absolutely beyond me.

Constantly the most underrated player in the league when he barely gets ANY credit for the role he plays and the effect he has on that team.

Silva was exceptional last season. I think Eriksen was better, but Silva last season probably had his best ever in England since his first season. How he missed out on the Team of the Year is absolutely beyond me.

Constantly the most underrated player in the league when he barely gets ANY credit for the role he plays and the effect he has on that team.
Have to disagree, he came good, very good in fact, for the last 5 or 6 games before he was injured in semi-final, prior to that he was slightly improved from previous year when he was poor.

100% agree he is underrated, formal recognition wise. (Aguero too has never received nomination for player of the year!!). Has been one of my favorite players. Seeing him and Aguero link was telepathy. Note the word 'was'.

You're right. It is my opinion.

Was that not an Everton fan who posted that video? Interesting the old Ross from when he was 19 years old is the one they want back and not the one who statistically performed pretty well last season.

He isn't good enough for Spurs. Certainly not to start. He's better than Sissoko and N'Koudou though, for the right price. Don't think he's worth anymore than £18,000,000 personally. Especially if he's in the last year of his contract, isn't an England regular and coming off the back of the season he's had.

It was, yes. Football fans have short memories - we see it even with how people talk about Son and Lamela on here.

I'd swap him for Sissoko, Bentaleb, N'jie and N'koudou; I'd also rather start him in games above any of those, even as a combined option. English, 23, strong build, proven ability in the league, plenty of potential for ability and value locked in there. On reflection, it's a no brainer. Proper Poch player.

It was, yes. Football fans have short memories - we see it even with how people talk about Son and Lamela on here.

I'd swap him for Sissoko, Bentaleb, N'jie and N'koudou; I'd also rather start him in games above any of those, even as a combined option. English, 23, strong build, proven ability in the league, plenty of potential for ability and value locked in there. On reflection, it's a no brainer. Proper Poch player.

Well yes, but I'd start Onomah over any of those as well and he isn't better than Barkley. It just shows how little we rate those four and how poor our depth was more than anything.

Well yes, but I'd start Onomah over any of those as well and he isn't better than Barkley. It just shows how little we rate those four and how poor our depth was more than anything.

Onomah just hasn't looked ready in the PL. We need to bring in players who are ready to perform, otherwise our current crop will just lose patience.

Covering Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Son and Alli with Winks, Dier, Lamela, Barkley and Onomah is nothing to be sniffed at, but we'd still need to have more options beyond possible cameos like Edwards. This is on the basis that N'jie will be bought by Marseille, Bentaleb by Shalke, and jettisoning Sissoko and N'koudou (who I think Poch will be miffed with).

Good little video for what even a raw Barkley could offer

Apparent fall from grace from his own fans (see "loved"; past tense)...

He's one of their own... Their new Rooney, their Harry etc. Toffees ain't a spoiled bunch so curious.

Why give up on him so easily?

Last edited:
Onomah just hasn't looked ready in the PL. We need to bring in players who are ready to perform, otherwise our current crop will just lose patience.

Covering Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Son and Alli with Winks, Dier, Lamela, Barkley and Onomah is nothing to be sniffed at, but we'd still need to have more options beyond possible cameos like Edwards. This is on the basis that N'jie will be bought by Marseille, Bentaleb by Shalke, and jettisoning Sissoko and N'koudou (who I think Poch will be miffed with).

Bentaleb is gone.

I'd rather Meyer, who will be cheaper and a much better talent then Barkley in all honesty - but I've said it numerous times and will keep saying it. If Pochettino wants a player, I'll back the player and trust Poch.

Good little video for what even a raw Barkley could offer

That's a cracking goal!

I wish I watched more of him, I am completely split on him. Seen him play shit, seen him rip it up, don't know what he adds the rest of the time. Kinda like the fact of having 7 England players, that would really fuck off the entire establishment.

Apparent fall from grace from his own fans (see "loved"; past tense)...

He's one of their own... Their new Rooney, their Harry etc. Toffees ain't a spoiled bunch so curious.

Why give up him so easily?

The club or the fans? The majority still seem to want him to stay, based on my browsing.

That's a cracking goal!

I wish I watched more of him, I am completely split on him. Seen him play shit, seen him rip it up, don't know what he adds the rest of the time. Kinda like the fact of having 7 England players, that would really fuck off the entire establishment.

I've been split on him, but I'm firmly in the 'buy' camp since I did a bit more looking into his game. He seems to have a lot going for him, and Poch seems to be good at working with potential over form.

That's a cracking goal!

I have a similar problem in that I can't really pin-point what kind of player his is ... Crap Gazza is my best measure.

I can't help feel if the Toffees' fans ain't crying about his exit then there's not much more to see.

I've been split on him, but I'm firmly in the 'buy' camp since I did a bit more looking into his game. He seems to have a lot going for him, and Poch seems to be good at working with potential over form.
From what I can remember from him and what I think Poch might see in him is that he is aggressive, can be a bit cunty too. I've seen him graft but he doesn't sustain it, a Poch pre-season might address that?? The skill is thier.
The major no, no is his decision making, many of our players didn't take quickly to what Poch wants from them, so hope he isn't as dim as he might be. But this is me being influenced more than chatter than paying attention to him.

I have a similar problem in that I can't really pin-point what kind of player his is ... Crap Gazza is my best measure.

I can't help feel if the Toffees' fans ain't crying about his exit then there's not much more to see.
The only thing I'll say about the toffee fans is they are a fucking miserable bunch, right up there with Stoke fans, although I prefer them to Stoke fans, call it a kind of brothers in arms (both ex-big clubs with cunts as local rivals). They moaned about Stones too.

The club or the fans? The majority still seem to want him to stay, based on my browsing.

Just would have expected a bit more uproar considering prev mentioned factors... Imagine a similar scenario with us and the carnage that would ensue on here if it was one of our 'darlings' nearing the exit door with those stats.

Edit: But yeh.... Hard to imagine that's a club tweet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom