Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll be watching Lyon when they take on Roma but I think Lacazette and Fekir are two we should absolutely be interested in.

50% of his goals are pens! I openly admit to not watching any Ligue 1, so don't watch him play and I'm probably talking out of my arse but this guy comes across as yet another perfectly "marketed" player. Everyone getting excited by Youtube clips and they end up all being a bit meh, Konoplanka, Batsuayi anyone!! Happens all the fucking time.

50% of his goals are pens! I openly admit to not watching any Ligue 1, so don't watch him play and I'm probably talking out of my arse but this guy comes across as yet another perfectly "marketed" player. Everyone getting excited by Youtube clips and they end up all being a bit meh, Konoplanka, Batsuayi anyone!! Happens all the fucking time.

You may well be right. I think his ability to play out wide as well as up front helps his cause though as Pochettino seems to like that.

Though it'd be typical of Spurs to not buy hot talent in France and instead go for the shit ones whilst the hot talent go elsewhere and rip it up. Here's looking at you Dembele.

You may well be right. I think his ability to play out wide as well as up front helps his cause though as Pochettino seems to like that.

Though it'd be typical of Spurs to not buy hot talent in France and instead go for the shit ones whilst the hot talent go elsewhere and rip it up. Here's looking at you Dembele.
The only Dembele I would give any credence to is the chap at Dortmund. He plays and has scored a small handful.

The other fella at Celtic, ripping it up in the Scottish league, meh... Needs to show his qualities in a competitive League before he turns my head. I'm sure he will do well too, I've seen him in the flesh playing for Fulham but for me just now it's mega hype from Celtic, who want the lad sold for as much as they can get.

The only Dembele I would give any credence to is the chap at Dortmund. He plays and has scored a small handful.

The other fella at Celtic, ripping it up in the Scottish league, meh... Needs to show his qualities in a competitive League before he turns my head. I'm sure he will do well too, I've seen him in the flesh playing for Fulham but for me just now it's mega hype from Celtic, who want the lad sold for as much as they can get.

I am talking about Dortmunds Dembele. The one we didn't end up signing because we didn't cough up the money only to then sign Njie and other useless players.

Absolutely the Dortmund Dembele is the one that would transform us, unfortunately wasn't to be.

Absolutely the Dortmund Dembele is the one that would transform us, unfortunately wasn't to be.
I wouldn't say he would transform us, he hasn't had that effect at Dortmund either. But no doubt he's a talent with bags of potential and most importantly proven he can hold his own in a Snr squad in a competitive league, which is one of the most difficult things to predict.

I wouldn't say he would transform us, he hasn't had that effect at Dortmund either. But no doubt he's a talent with bags of potential and most importantly proven he can hold his own in a Snr squad in a competitive league, which is one of the most difficult things to predict.

He has been really good for Dortmund but it's the type of player he is, we so badly lack an out and out runner in our team who has ability and finishing. Nkouduo is the closest in terms of style but hasn't shown the aptitude as yet.

Until we get that type of player our team lacks balance, we have wonderful ball players like Eriksen, Alli and Lamala and Son has some speed but is hit or miss.

Poch in previous interview talks about the requirement of having a runner who doesn't want the ball into feet so much. We have good attacking players but we do miss a really explosive player.

They have to back him. If not he'll fuck off.

I get the feeling he will stick around until the stadium move but if we move into the new ground after getting a £400 million stadium sponsor deal and have an extra 20,000k fans each week plus NFL then don't compete in the transfer market for the top players then I think it could go wrong.

Only Levy would know what our strategy is when we move in but Poch is ambitious and if we don't match his ambitions he will go probably. I do worry about that because he is a really good manager.

Can't help but wonder who we could have brought in for the combined expense of Sissoko and Jansen.

£47 million combined but then again with a big player it's big wages and that's something that doesn't always get taken into account in fans minds, we just think of the upfront fee.

If we've done this properly - big if - we won't need to be frugal at all. It could explain a lot of our stingy windows.

So you feel soon we will be able to add the extra bit of quality even if it ends up costing a bit more in wages and fees?

I think this is Pochettino telling the fans that he can only do so much with the resources available to him. It might be a warning.

It might also be an invitatiom to investment.

Either way I think it is clear we lack quality depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom