Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling everton are calling his bluff & he will sign a new deal.
They know that no one will pay anywhere near the asking price for barkley.

Everton will sell him especially if they are trying to get Sigurdsson or type.

Everton are not going to let him get through the summer window because at that point Barkley's agent would let him run down his contract at considerable loss of revenue.

I am not saying we would then be in a position to buy him but any notion a player with a year on his contract will attract 50 million pounds is toffee pie in the sky.

Not a chance Barkley goes for 50 with a year on his contract. If Poch wants him, Levy will negotiate all summer until we get him for 20-25.

Not a huge fan of the player, but certainly a player Poch can improve.

Everton will sell him especially if they are trying to get Sigurdsson or type.

Everton are not going to let him get through the summer window because at that point Barkley's agent would let him run down his contract at considerable loss of revenue.

I am not saying we would then be in a position to buy him but any notion a player with a year on his contract will attract 50 million pounds is toffee pie in the sky.
Good points. I agree 50m is silly talk.
Maybe a top 6 team will take a 25m punt on him but I doubt they will get any more than that for him.
I'd prefer Sigurdsson to barkley if I was an everton fan.

No chance. There isn't a player in World football that can replicate what Dembele does, not one. This doesn't make him "best" or anything like this but there is no point in making comparisons, Dembele is unique. Waste of time trying to shoehorn comparisons.
Imo Dembele is the player we should improve on this summer

I have to be honest I'm not liking what we're linked with so far. Veltman and Klaasen are mid-table Premier League players at best. Veltman not even in my opinion.

Barkley and more Zaha could be interesting, but what command fees much above what they're worth.

I'm not convinced about Veltman either, but Klaassen would be a good buy I think.

I don't get the negativity towards Barkley...he can play in a number of roles and under Poch's guidance I think he has the potential to become world class.

Barkley will never be world class. He has consistently shown that. He is a talented player but much closer to the likes of Wheelchair than one of our midfielders. He would be stupidly expensive for what he offers.

We should improve on 16/17 Dembele by fixing his ankles and whatever else he's struggling with, so that he can consistently boss our midfield again like he did in 15/16. Best player in the league when in form, as he showed us against Leicester a week ago.
I agree; Moussa's never going to be described as a worldie, and he rarely does anyhting spectacular. But his physical presence just seems to raise the tempo and make everyone else 'click'.

I think Winks is more likely to assume that 'team glue' role in future than Barkley, who is a different sort of player.

I wouldn't' mind a bit of European experience in this window, Danielle De Rossi and Andreas Iniesta's contracts have run down if I'm not mistaken. :levyeyes:

Both 33, and while not the superstars we know we can't afford are big names, big talents who the entire team could learn from.

I wouldn't' mind a bit of European experience in this window, Danielle De Rossi and Andreas Iniesta's contracts have run down if I'm not mistaken. :levyeyes:

Both 33, and while not the superstars we know we can't afford are big names, big talents who the entire team could learn from.
Imagine how much winks would learn from playing & training with iniesta.
Good little shout that. Winiesta.

Iniesta will extend. He's still one of the best in the world. He's playing coy as he wants a longer contract.

De Rossi will also extend. Absolutely no way in hell Roma's fans will accept Totti and De Rossi leaving the club in a single summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom