Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to understand that you've named three who "can't", who not only don't get given games, but Sissoko has had at least 2 assists so far, and I'm sure GNK has had at least one in the cup games.

If they were starting and playing regularly then you'd have a point, but they're not.

The thing we've missed this season is Dele's assists to Kane
No we haven't missed Lamela one bit this season. Much better without him.
Take a look at the compilation of our goals from last season and Lamela will be pivotal in most of them. Either winning the ball back, setting off a move with a quick pass or assisting.
the three I named are who will play instead of Son. If lamela was available we'd have Son off the bench. Or we'd have Lamela off the bench. Now we have one of those three who, unless I have been watching different games, make not a lot of impact.
It doesn't matter if they are starting regularly, it's what we have to replace.
Lamela has come off the bench to have an influence many times, like at Man City when he came on for Dele on 81 mins and created the winning goal.
Fuck me.

Last edited:
No we haven't missed Lamela one bit this season. Much better without him.
Take a look at the compilation of our goals from last season and Lamela will be pivotal in most of them. Either winning the ball back, setting off a move with a quick pass or assisting.
the three I named are who will play instead of Son. If lamela was available we'd have Son off the bench. Or we'd have Lamela off the bench. Now we have one of those three who, unless I have been watching different games, make not a lot of impact.
It doesn't matter if they are starting regularly, it's what we have to replace.
Lamela has come off the bench to have an influence many times, like at Man City when he came on for Dele on 81 mins and created the winning goal.
Fuck me.

Depends how you are judging the players, because it's been a different story this season.

Lamela has played 9 PL games (~600 mins, 6 starts) this season, and has 1 assist with 18 chances created.

In 16 PL games, but roughly the same number of number of minutes and starts (~620 mins, 6 starts), Sissoko has made 2 assists and created 17 chances.

That's not a "Sissoko has been amazing", it's a "the facts don't support the statement".

This seasons Lamela, even pre-injury/whatever, was a long way off last season's Lamela. Son has been frustrating, but much better.

I'd have Lamela back in most days of the week. I feel like with the 4-2-3-1 and, for now, davies at LB he could offer more protection on the left wing for Davies to moce forward or just be a menace himself.

He'd do well on the right too but I personally miss his mix of tenacity and technical ability. Son I of course rate and I love his directness but I think in more cases than less I'd have Lamela

Atletico Madrid are open to offers for Kevin Gameiro this summer, according to the Daily Mirror, potentially solving Tottenham's strike problem.

The striker only joined Atleti in the summer after a £35m move from Sevilla, but has struggled to make an impact and challenge first choice forward Antoine Griezmann.

:kanehand:

Tielemans, Sessegnon and a quick striker would be a great start to the window.

Though maybe Njie could end up being that quick alternative? Isn't he playing up top for Marseille? I just feel we miss having a player who can provide that pace in the corners as an outlet when we are under pressure because Kane isn't that guy. Liverpool away for example or even the likes of Middlesbrough and Sunderland who we find hard at times to break down.

We need more creative passing to take the burden off Eriksen. If Lamela is fit, he can, but we need a third guy because of injury risks.

For the money, I think Bruno Fernandes or Vincenzo Grifo would be the best choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom