Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw us linked with Martial. I wouldn't really be against the move, even if he has wasted two solid years of development at that second rate club.

He is a brilliant player, remember under Mourinho De Bruyne and Lukaku where shown the door at Chelsea. Under Poch who unlike Mourinho is a developmental coach he could be great.

He is a brilliant player, remember under Mourinho De Bruyne and Lukaku where shown the door at Chelsea. Under Poch who unlike Mourinho is a developmental coach he could be great.

Honestly, growing up for me Manchester United were such an inspirational team, winning countless trophies and alway having great players, even bringing through many themselves. I imagine Ferguson must feel sick when he sees how the club is run now. It makes you wonder how good a player Zaha would have been if he didn't make the mistake of going to United.

Honestly, growing up for me Manchester United were such an inspirational team, winning countless trophies and alway having great players, even bringing through many themselves. I imagine Ferguson must feel sick when he sees how the club is run now. It makes you wonder how good a player Zaha would have been if he didn't make the mistake of going to United.
In fairness to Zaha he was signed by Ferguson I believe, only for him to leave almost as soon as he got there.

I think Fergie is quite happy that the club are making him look like a fucking genius and securing his legacy. It's no skin off his nose that Moyes couldn't hack it and LVG was a spent force.

Although he left the team in a bit of a state, he had given them the chance to fix things by creating a chance to ditch Rooney and rebuild, but the club wasn't brave/smart enough.

Where as Poch makes players better like Dier and Rose who are now unrecognisable United take world class or potentially world class talents and fuck them. Luke Shaw was the best left back in the Prem under Poch, Martial one of Europe's best young players, Mktaryian unplayable at Dortmund.

As a club with those three players Poch would make them monsters. So probably would Fergie, it's now a football graveyard up there.

Before ye all suck Fergie's old Govan cock, explain Juan Sebastian Veron to me. The cunt was magic, but shit at United.
Fergie was obviously a good manager but he doesn't have Mourinho 's record and he made some shite decisions. He totally mismanaged Beckham's growing celebrity which caused his departure, as well.

Before ye all suck Fergie's old Govan cock, explain Juan Sebastian Veron to me. The cunt was magic, but shit at United.
Fergie was obviously a good manager but he doesn't have Mourinho 's record and he made some shite decisions. He totally mismanaged Beckham's growing celebrity which caused his departure, as well.

Veron ,hard to explain but he did get a lot of game time, Beckham's issue was as much his own making as Fergie's. Fergie wasn't perfect but he is better than what has come after him.

I'd also like to see Mourhino play decent football for once and manage a team that doesn't have billions for transfers or isn't the biggest in the league.

Veron ,hard to explain but he did get a lot of game time, Beckham's issue was as much his own making as Fergie's. Fergie wasn't perfect but he is better than what has come after him.

I'd also like to see Mourhino play decent football for once and manage a team that doesn't have billions for transfers or isn't the biggest in the league.
Mourinho's stints at Inter and Porto answer those questions for me. I agree that they are big clubs in their domestic contexts, but neither are guaranteed winners.

I think his Man U time will be an interesting test for him. There are half a dozen clubs now capable of domestic supremacy in England, and at least three of them half major resources. When he first went to Chelsea, they had just broke the mound in terms of spending power so he had a serious advantage, I agree with that.

Yes please. This lad is a genuine talent, going to waste at united.
I think he'll be fine. He's still very young, he'll get valuable learning experience and not have to face too much pressure over the next year or two while Ibrahimovic is the starter...it's a good situation for him to be in. He's what, 18? 19?

I am interested to see what will happen to Bentaleb, Njie and Fazio.
Njie 8 starts in 13 apps, 3 goals one assist.
Bentaleb. Nominated for rookie of the year Bundesliga 17 starts in 19 4 goals, 4 assists. They love him. He loves it.
Fazio, doing well by all accounts, loves it there. 11 clean sheets in 24 games best in league.

How much are we getting for these 3.
At least £30m.
I'd say we will have about £60m to spend and will net spend the same as this season. Unless we sell Vorm, Wimmer etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom