Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that no one can answer this question shows why we didn't get anyone. No team wants to sell a player in January who is of the quality to challenge Spurs' 1st XI. You, and others, can't name a player because there wasn't one available at a sensible price. Unless we're talking about another 30m Sissoko situation.

Yet, at the same time as not being able to name said player, you use this nameless superstar to criticise our January transfer policy then wash your hands of responsibility for your opinion by suggesting I ask the club.

It's madness.

Let's buy that Messi fella. I'm sure he would get Eriksen back on his toes working hard.

He's no Billy Wingrove.
raw

Mate, I get up on some days around half 4 and have been in my job a fair few years.

That job title does not allow me to scour the world in pursuit of one or two players who might improve our squad.

I am assuming the club do have such people on their books.

Ask them.
I know right. Expecting forum members to know as much & have the resources of club scouts is crazy & illogical.

Let's buy that Messi fella. I'm sure he would get Eriksen back on his toes working hard.

He's shit really overrated, scores maybe 1-2 goals a game and sets up maybe 1-2, all this when Joe Root bats a 100 for England, think about the numbers. 100 vs 2 wouldn't improve us let's get someone else.

In my opinion we will look back to the last January window and realise we should have added to our ranks.

Like Saturday I think there is a peculiar arrogance or fear in thinking the apple cart might be upset by bringing in players who can challenge the reasonably established incumbents.

I would not accuse Pochettino or any of the players of nonchalance but it is sometimes easy to believe the hype that surrounds your own team and that of others.

Some players play as though each and every game might be their last. Others sometimes dip into I will play better next game.

Managers need the additional option to be able to make that you might get a chance to put that right in 3 or 4 games so sit down and watch.
Who? Who? Who?
:pochfacepalm:
People always say "we should have added in January". Do you really not get that it's not as simple as that?

We were never going to add for the sake of adding and they players worth adding weren't available. Is it really that hard to grasp?
:walker-scream:

The fact that no one can answer this question shows why we didn't get anyone. No team wants to sell a player in January who is of the quality to challenge Spurs' 1st XI. You, and others, can't name a player because there wasn't one available at a sensible price. Unless we're talking about another 30m Sissoko situation.

Yet, at the same time as not being able to name said player, you use this nameless superstar to criticise our January transfer policy then wash your hands of responsibility for your opinion by suggesting I ask the club.

It's madness.
1000 times this! :bow:

To be fair it could have been because of klopp who is way more attractive to an attacking player.
Free flowing attacking side or a solid strong more defensive team?.
Manager who values pace or 1 who doesn't?
Possibly but that last line of your comment makes it sound like you're just digging out Poch. Who on earth said he doesn't value pace?

Possibly but that last line of your comment makes it sound like you're just digging out Poch. Who on earth said he doesn't value pace?
Poch doesn't value pace much in his style of attacking players. Just ask njie & george.
No dig, it is up to poch how much he values pace. He knows best what he wants.
Unless you think he values fast attacking players really highly. But I just don't.

Poch doesn't value pace much in his style of attacking players. Just ask njie & george.
No dig, it is up to poch how much he values pace. He knows best what he wants.
Unless you think he values fast attacking players really highly. But I just don't.
Well I wouldn't say there's any evidence to suggest he doesn't. If anything the fact he signed N'jie and GKN and wanted Mane suggests he does. The fact the former 2 don't seem to be good enough / ready says nothing about whether he likes or wants fast attacking players.

Well I wouldn't say there's any evidence to suggest he doesn't. If anything the fact he signed N'jie and GKN and wanted Mane suggests he does. The fact the former 2 don't seem to be good enough / ready says nothing about whether he likes or wants fast attacking players.
Lack of chances he gives to pacey attackers & our style of play makes me think otherwise.
Anyway, agree to disagree.

Lack of chances he gives to pacey attackers & our style of play makes me think otherwise.
Anyway, agree to disagree.

Poch has talked about the need for more pace in attack, with Nije and Nkouduo it may simply be that they are not good enough, you need more than pace alone to work.

We do need quicker attacking options but they have to have ability as well and it's not easy to find.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/13/mauri...target-and-monaco-star-kylian-mbappe-6444630/

i would love this to happen

unfortunately, he's probably one for the near future rather than next season and with the new stadium, i don't think we'll be able to afford the ridiculous transfer price monaco will want for him

Poch has talked about the need for more pace in attack, with Nije and Nkouduo it may simply be that they are not good enough, you need more than pace alone to work.

We do need quicker attacking options but they have to have ability as well and it's not easy to find.

Even if we did have quicker attacking options you need to get the ball upfield to them faster

Hugo rolling it out to Dier or Walker, neither of whom really want the fucking thing, just doesn't work!
:llorisunsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom