Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting theory but let's face it Jesus is an exception to the rule most January signing are meh
He was signed in the summer though.
He called Man City one of the biggest clubs in the world.
How has that happened, from not known to one of biggest in the world in 7 years.
2 titles, 4 fa cups, 2 league cups and 1 cup winners cup before the £££.
Post money
2 titles, 1 fa cup, 2 league cups
One of the biggest in the world my arsehole. One of the biggest club in the world have spent 5 seasons out of the PL

He was signed in the summer though.
He called Man City one of the biggest clubs in the world.
How has that happened, from not known to one of biggest in the world in 7 years.
2 titles, 4 fa cups, 2 league cups and 1 cup winners cup before the £££.
Post money
2 titles, 1 fa cup, 2 league cups
One of the biggest in the world my arsehole. One of the biggest club in the world have spent 5 seasons out of the PL

A combination of good marketing and the fact that the lad was 9 or 10 when Sheikh Mansour bought them.

Steve Hitchens is apparently taking over again as Chief Scout

Article on the Mail about it - but I won't link to their site.

Tottenham are set to appoint Steve Hitchen - the man who played a key role in bringing Luis Suarez to England - as their new chief scout.

It will be Hitchen's second stint at Spurs, having left his role as one of the club's leading scouts during Harry Redknapp's reign.

The north London side's scouting department is undergoing a revamp with head of recruitment Paul Mitchell serving his notice period after quitting the club, while well-respected chief scout Ian Broomfield left the club last month.

And chairman Daniel Levy has moved to bring in Hitchen, whose most recent role in football was as Derby's head of recruitment - a role he left following Nigel Pearson's departure.

Hitchen, it is understood will replace Broomfield as the club's senior scout. The club are also planning to appoint a replacement for Mitchell.

The interview process to find Mitchell's replacement is close to completion.

Hitchen, a former Liverpool scout, alerted the Anfield club to Suarez during the Uruguayan's career in Holland with Ajax.

Similarly, Hitchen played a role in bringing Luka Modric to Spurs, unearthing the midfielder from Dinamo Zagreb ahead of his move to White Hart Lane in 2008.

Or Aguero for that matter. Loads of opportunities next summer; Isco, Meyer etc etc, so many players entering the last year of their contracts

Martial thinks he's being forced out. If we can offer CL football and cough up the wages.. imagine Iheanacho and Martial in the team we have already...

why was he fannying about at Derby if he's highly respected?
Modric was well known before us and Suarez had been shitting on the dutch league - hardly 'discovered'
call me cynical but I expect there are probably cunts on here that could do that job equally well

If Gabriel Jesus continues the way he started, then we should go after Iheanacho. He could be incredible under Pochettino.
Man City might also be the only fellow top-6 club who would be willing to deal with us.

Adebayor was a while ago, though. All depends on how much of a threat they see us as next year.

Edit:

Iheanacho is dying to go from being second/third choice in Manchester to being second choice with us, right?

And Kane out of it?

I could see Iheanacho playing alongside Kane (especially in that 3 at the back formation - he could slot in where Alli does). We do end up playing an awful lot of games each season, plus Iheanacho would be a 'game changing' option on the bench. At the moment, only Son seems to fall into that category.

United might deal with us because they want Kane and Alli. Can't think of any of their players I would want though. Their fans still don't realise we just don't deal sell to them. It is that simple. Whatever the money we just won't.
Rashford.
:pochserious:

But you're right. I'd rather not let them have a foot in the door to start talking to our players.

Same worry if we actually were trying to negotiate with Real for Isco.

Rashford.
:pochserious:

But you're right. I'd rather not let them have a foot in the door to start talking to our players.

Same worry if we actually were trying to negotiate with Real for Isco.

LOL Real already have a draw bridge down for talking to our players, remember the 'special' partnership deal. We sign your best players and give you nothing in return.... :levyeyes:

Unless it's a swap deal sending aging Ronaldo to us in return for Kane and Alli.

I could see Iheanacho playing alongside Kane (especially in that 3 at the back formation - he could slot in where Alli does). We do end up playing an awful lot of games each season, plus Iheanacho would be a 'game changing' option on the bench.
They're too similar to play together. Three at the back or not.

And, again, you want the boy to swap their bench for ours... No chance of that happening.

Also re:Martial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom