Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oliver Burke: Why I turned down Spurs and Chelsea for Bundesliga test

This is very disappointing to read - but he's an idiot if he considers Tottenham and Chelsea's handling of youth to be the same.

His loss. Joined a bunch of franchise arseholes.
And yet, when you here the interview from which that story is crafted a slightly different picture is revealed. "He was going to meet Tottenham". This would imply that he didn't meet us, an important part of our recruitment is for us to meet who we are interested, he "just left things with his agent" & the next thing he knew he was on a plane to Germany. He actually comes across very well in this interview I think.

You probably all thought our business was done and this thread could be closed?

:adesalute: :adelol: :adewtf: :adethumbup: :adegrin2:

Tottenham linked with bizarre move to bring Emmanuel Adebayor back to the club

Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with a move for their former striker.

emmanuel_adebayor_real_madrid_252845.jpg

The transfer window may have closed for another few months but get ready for the craziest rumour of the summer, with Italian website Tutto Mercato Webclaiming that Tottenham Hotspur are interested in bringing Emmanuel Adebayorback to the club for free.

Yes, this is the same Adebayor who was only released from his contract at White Hart Lane last summer having not played for the club since the previous May; the same player who Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino opted not to include in his 25-man Premier League squad last season or even hand a shirt number to.

crystal_palaces_emmanuel_adebayor_in_action_with_tottenhams_kevi_183805.jpg

And yet here we are, almost exactly a year on, with TMW claiming Tottenham want to further strengthen their forward line with a performance-related deal for Adebayor.

Contact is said to have been made between the two parties but this one is surely not going to happen.

After all, Tottenham recently added Vincent Janssen to their striking options and despite Harry Kane’s struggles he will return to form sooner rather than later.

tottenham_manager_mauricio_pochettino_287219.jpg

SEE ALSO:

Spurs star admits to mistakes last season; claims manager has addressed problems
Pundit claims Tottenham star looks a shadow of his former self
Jamie Redknapp and Alan Shearer both rave about 20-year-old Tottenham Hotspur star

Of course we could all be surprised, with Adebayor making a bizarre comeback, but it seems highly unlikely given his history at the club and the fact that he struggled to make any significant impact at his last side Crystal Palace.

Instead Pochettino should promote from within, giving Shayon Harrison the chance to impress from the bench rather than making a move that would go down as one of the most unexpected ever.

tottenhams_emmanuel_adebayor_walks_out_onto_the_pitch_before_the_300925.jpg

List page image © REUTERS
Reuters think that's a crazy rumour, I've not even started my crazy rumour of the window.

He actually comes across very well in this interview I think.

I don't think that's true at all.

He met one club, saw what they had to offer and fucked the others off before even meeting them, then complains their offers "lacked depth". How the fuck does he expect depth to be shown when he hasn't met them?

"I literally let me agent sort it all out", oh gosh, you can bet who offered a nice bonus for the agent then. Guy is a young, rich idiot who palms off his life onto others. We'll see where he is in 5 years.

He met one club, saw what they had to offer and fucked the others off before even meeting them, then complains their offers "lacked depth". How the fuck does he expect depth to be shown when he hasn't met them?

"I literally let me agent sort it all out", oh gosh, you can bet who offered a nice bonus for the agent then. Guy is a young, rich idiot who palms off his life onto others. We'll see where he is in 5 years.
He comes across as a young man who loves football. He speaks well of his current Club, full of enthusiasm, enjoying life and his job. If you are judging him based on his business acumen then you may be right, for me it's refreshing to hear such genuine enthusiasm for football as opposed to the usual media trained bullshit 99% of footballers interviews reveal.

Why the anger towards him? He clearly doesn't give a shit about the financial aspects of the game. He just wants to play football, he is playing football, something he wouldn't necessarily achieve if he was at Spurs.

If this guy is that good, am glad at least we made an effort to get him. Shows that our scouting system is pro active and informed

For the first time in ages I'm not sure we actually need to sign anyone in the next window. Maybe one more young up and coming striker as that's where we have the least depth? But unless someone completely world class suddenly becomes available and we don't have a ridiculous plague of injuries, I'd be happy with a quiet winter window.

Then his agent is the idiot.
Oliver Burke: Why I turned down Spurs and Chelsea for Bundesliga test

This is very disappointing to read - but he's an idiot if he considers Tottenham and Chelsea's handling of youth to be the same.

His loss. Joined a bunch of franchise arseholes.

RasenBallsport Leipzig is a plastic club, of that there is no doubt. They have bent every rule of German football and/or made a mockery of others. They are thoroughly detestable in many, many ways.

That being said, they have proven to be a fantastic place for young players even while they were in the lower leagues (see: Kimmich, Joshua) and are sadly much more forward thinking than all but a handful of clubs in Europe. They are going to be a power in Germany very soon, if they aren't already on the edges of that (5th right now, still unbeaten ... and it's only their first season in the top flight).

Also, "Hypezig" is a damn cool city and a great place to live. It's become one of the cultural capitals of Germany and has a great arts, music, technology and start-up scene. Not a bad place to be young, rich and talented at all.

I think we should be having a look at Southampton's Wanyama, 1 year left on his deal and could really add to our squad. Would be fantastic against sides like City at home.

:wanyama::wanyama::wanyama:

Another option is also Mane - much needed pace and ability to run at defenders

Would fit Poch's style quite well

Read today that we were close to signing Ayoze Perez and so did a search on what people thought of him back then. In doing so came across your post of May 2016 about Mane, when he was still with Southampton.
How I wish we had signed him. Am sure he would have won the league with him.

Back
Top Bottom