StubHub

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They also appear to have added this little warning:

8oZ9cH9.png

A marginal improvement I suppose... wonder if they actually check whether buyers have a membership or whether they just say that they should have...

They also appear to have added this little warning:

8oZ9cH9.png

A marginal improvement I suppose... wonder if they actually check whether buyers have a membership or whether they just say that they should have...

No, the membership database has been uploaded to stubhub so only recognised spurs fans can purchase tickets.

Re United fans singing Argentina, there's always been a strong anti-English element to United, certainly since the 60s, because of/related to the strong Celtic (not the club but the culture) Catholic elements in it. So that was no great shakes them singing that.

I was there at the time and my blood was boiling, as at that time I was very pro-England. I have to confess I'd probably laugh now, I certainly wouldn't be so upset, such is my disillusion with international football and the country I live in.

I suspect a patriot like Sir Bobby Charlton, arguably the greatest English footballer ever, wouldn't have been too happy about the Argentina chants, or with Ronaldo and his Portugese team mates in the 'winker' game.

Re Stub Hub, if it's true that Spurs have uploaded their membership base onto SH, is that legal? I'm no longer a member so it doesn't bother me personally, but I'm not sure if I was a member I'd be happy about it, IF it's true.

Re the membership necessity for the United game, if that's the case, presumably it's because the tickets didn't go on general sale and the 'conspiracy theory' that a 'false general sale' would be fabricated would be proved wrong, as the vast amount of conspiracy theories are proved wrong time and again.

Presumably the Palace game is going to general sale, let's see what happens there if it does/has.

If fans want to sell tickets via Stub Hub it doesn't bother me, and I hope 1882 doesn't waste its time singing about it. As I've posted before, given the choice of being seated between a couple of StubHubbers and a couple of our regular STHs I'd go for the Stub Hub option. They're less likely to whinge and moan and treat me as an intruder is my view.

Last edited:
No, the membership database has been uploaded to stubhub so only recognised spurs fans can purchase tickets.

That's good news. More than anything because it'll cut the professional ticket touts out of the system - those who snap up any cheap tickets that happen to get listed then immediately relist them at much higher prices.

Will it only be for certain matches that this rule will be enforced that non-members won't be able to buy? I.e. the matches where away tickets are in demand to the extent that away fans would happily sit in with the home fans?

The really cheap tickets on there are disabled/concession/child prices, but even so adult tickets for around £50 isn't bad. I can't go anyway as i'm still at uni but it's nice to see people not being cunts for a change.

The really cheap tickets on there are disabled/concession/child prices, but even so adult tickets for around £50 isn't bad. I can't go anyway as i'm still at uni but it's nice to see people not being cunts for a change.
People are only not being cunts because It's a limited sale to members. Constricted market. If this was the usual free for all you can bet your bottom dollar that our own season ticket holders would list those seats at prices even higher than the Chelsea game AND you can bet your second to last bottom dollar that Johhny Japan, Kevin Korea and Hank Yank would have no qualms in paying 200 notes to see Man Utd in London.

Something to thank the Old Bill for I suppose

Kid Rock: I have scalped my own tickets

Kid Rock has lifted the lid on the shady practice of ticket resales in the music industry, revealing he is guilty of "scalping" seats to his own shows.

The musician, who recently announced plans for a budget-friendly summer tour, has confessed his team allegedly resold tickets to his concerts on exchange website StubHub.com for more than their retail value. Rock made the confession in an interview with (name removed), telling the presenter he fears many others artists are making money in the same way.

"I'm going to tell people, a lot of artists already do it," he said. "I think I've been guilty of it in the past, too. We take some of our tickets, we put them on StubHub, overcharge with what the market determines they're worth ... I'm taking 1,000 of them, and I'm scalping them."

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=802769

Theres a disabled section seat on there for Saturday, now this one is for a pensioner ticket but whats the score with a non disabled pensioner taking this ticket?

Surely they cant stop someone from using this if they arent disabled as that is discrimination?

Its £16.10 if there are any old boys on here?

This limit that has been placed on stubhub at Tottenham for an upper limit of £200 sounds great but is anyone else a bit skeptical?

I imagine few tickets sold for over £200 last year on stubhub (could very well be wrong) so putting this limit in place loses the club and stubhub very little if any money. Also it actually might help them as people were constantly listing tickets for huge fee's as a bit of a stand against stubhub, and there were being posted on twitter, giving a bad opinion of the system, and possibly putting people off using it.

So have they infact, managed to hopefully quieten people down against standing against the company by limiting ticket price, but put the limit high enough that it doesn't actually lost many/any ticket sales?

So the government is today holding a select committee hearing into ticket reselling. Invited are:
  • viagogo
  • Rob Wilmshurst, See Tickets
  • Keith Kenny, Sales and Ticketing Director for 'Hamilton'
  • Cameron Mackintosh
  • Stuart Camp, manager for Ed Sheeran
  • Stuart Galbraith, music tour promoter
  • Claire Turnham, representative from 'Victim of viagogo' group
  • Mark McGivern, journalist, Daily Record
Viagogo have ignored the invitation, which is pretty inflammatory on their part. But Stubhub weren't even invited, and the focus seems to be completely on music and theatre, not on sport...

Back
Top Bottom