StubHub

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I usually check Stubhub just for the fun of it and I swear I've seen the same seats posted for every game for 125 pounds. How is this even allowed?

I think the club gets a percentage of the fees for every ticket sold....
Really wish it was limited to how many could be sold....

If and when you purchase a ticket visit stubhub is it important that you observe whether it is a junior or over 65 ticket as you are paying well over the odds anyway? Would you be refused entry into the ground or do they take no notice? I don't want a ticket for Woolwich match but just seen there is a junior ticket for sale. And if a junior was to buy it would mean them sitting by themselves

StubHub and Viagogo offices raided in ticket touting investigation

StubHub and Viagogo offices raided in ticket touting investigation
Mentioned it before but I have no idea how certain other ticket/travel package companies get away with it.

Selling membership cards in someone else's name with instructions "DO NOT" approach stewards to ask where your seat is and if they ask you say you are a guest on a buisiness trip and "DO NOT" say you bought it online.....

Then when you leave the hotel, some Mr X will collect the membership from reception and if you don't hand them back your credit card will be charged for the season.

How the fuck is this going on?

At least stub hub was a real ticket

Last edited:
Mentioned it before but I have no idea how certain other ticket/travel package companies get away with it.

Selling membership cards in someone else's name with instructions "DO NOT" approach stewards to ask where your seat is and if they as you say you are a guest on a buisiness trip and "DO NOT" say you bought it online.....

Then when you leave the hotel, some Mr X will collect the membership from reception and if you don't hand them back your credit card will be charged for the season.

How the fuck is this going on?

At least stub hub was a real ticket
As long as people are willing to pay for it it will happen.

Despite what you read on the Stadium thread the fact stub-hub still gets >150 quid for Spurs games shows demand remains strong ... the article touches briefly on Spurs response, in fact the club can ban any ST holders and or Members whose tickets end up on StubHub with no compensation, they can also block any further ticket sales to the buying address on StubHub ... so if a person living at your address buys a dodgy ticket be aware you could find yourself on a ban ...

There are now several stories doing the rounds of people who sold to StubHub and had a third party keep their card, as StubHub use their non UK Company there is little or no recourse for the owner ... of course they can tell the club they lost it, but the club aren't completely stupid.

That 2 million listing was reckoned to be something to do with Thomas Cook ... someone was supposedly flogging on a lot of their package deals at massive profit, only a rumour but sounds legit.

Despite what you read on the Stadium thread the fact stub-hub still gets >150 quid for Spurs games shows demand remains strong ... the article touches briefly on Spurs response, in fact the club can ban any ST holders and or Members whose tickets end up on StubHub with no compensation, they can also block any further ticket sales to the buying address on StubHub ... so if a person living at your address buys a dodgy ticket be aware you could find yourself on a ban ...

There are now several stories doing the rounds of people who sold to StubHub and had a third party keep their card, as StubHub use their non UK Company there is little or no recourse for the owner ... of course they can tell the club they lost it, but the club aren't completely stupid.

That 2 million listing was reckoned to be something to do with Thomas Cook ... someone was supposedly flogging on a lot of their package deals at massive profit, only a rumour but sounds legit.

Demand from tourists maybe. Football is so fucked. StubCunt, Ticketmaster - all those cunts are getting rich quickly whilst the matchday experience falls off a cliff. I appreciate you’re a bit detached, but going to Spurs these days is about as exciting as mowing the lawn. It’s so sanitised. Naturally you’ll counter by saying that ticket sales don’t reflect this, but what you’re championing is lawn bowls in a big ground, with Complan and Horlicks being particular money spinners. Regardless of how many tickets are sold, it doesn’t compensate for the funereal atmosphere. Live football will soon become an irrelevance and Sky turning up the volume will only make the coach’s instructions to the players easier to hear.

I know you defend the club at every opportunity, but you’re not going every week. If you’re used to the Bangkok lifestyle I doubt you’d find the experience of sitting in a hushed stadium in north London a rush.

I can’t fault your logic when it comes to ticket sales, but you seem to have left your passion, your emotion at the door. No, I don’t go anymore and I guess my seat (vomit) is now occupied by a perfectly nice Korean guy, but the reason the day trippers started turning up was because of the atmosphere - they got caught up in it like everyone else, but when that goes you have nothing except a vast burger bar.

Demand from tourists maybe. Football is so fucked. StubCunt, Ticketmaster - all those cunts are getting rich quickly whilst the matchday experience falls off a cliff. I appreciate you’re a bit detached, but going to Spurs these days is about as exciting as mowing the lawn. It’s so sanitised. Naturally you’ll counter by saying that ticket sales don’t reflect this, but what you’re championing is lawn bowls in a big ground, with Complan and Horlicks being particular money spinners. Regardless of how many tickets are sold, it doesn’t compensate for the funereal atmosphere. Live football will soon become an irrelevance and Sky turning up the volume will only make the coach’s instructions to the players easier to hear.

I know you defend the club at every opportunity, but you’re not going every week. If you’re used to the Bangkok lifestyle I doubt you’d find the experience of sitting in a hushed stadium in north London a rush.

I can’t fault your logic when it comes to ticket sales, but you seem to have left your passion, your emotion at the door. No, I don’t go anymore and I guess my seat (vomit) is now occupied by a perfectly nice Korean guy, but the reason the day trippers started turning up was because of the atmosphere - they got caught up in it like everyone else, but when that goes you have nothing except a vast burger bar.

I only get to a handful of games a year so the 'buzz' is still huge, but as a fan from the 60's and a 30+ year season ticket holder I know very well how much the game has changed, especially on the terraces.

The problem that the die-hards on here have, and I fully agree with their emotions, is that time doesn't stand still and you simply can't turn back the clock. I was a guest at Anfield on my last trip (we weren't playing) and the atmosphere was utter shite for all but 5 minutes, yet they pay half the price and are winning every game.

Emirates, New White Hart Lane, Anfield, Old Trafford are just not what they were and whilst safe-standing might make a difference 1,300 quid season tickets mean the man in the stand is not the same man who stood there when we were kids.

and it runs even deeper than that, we were tribal we hunted (travelled) in packs, the Club or Keith's coaches, or the wally train ... now it's all SUV's and BMWs ... we sang songs 90% of which would get you arrested today ... in today's woke world we would all be considered scum and banned for life. I'm not saying that was a good thing, just like taking the North Bank every year was 'bad' but it made us all part of the same tribe.

Today my 'tribe' is the same faces from 40 years ago, sure there are some new faces and some next generation, but in the 70's I was on name or nodding terms with 100's if not 1,000's of fellow yids ... today that's down to about 50.

Looking back with 'good old days' glasses is all very well, and for me as well they were the good old days, even if the football was for the most part pretty shit, but like having a fag, getting the football specials, having a good old fashioned bone crushing surge ... those days are gone.

You may not like the 'sanitised' way football works now but you probably can't and almost certainly won't be able to change it. Our club is at the forefront of the modern game the only realistic option as fans is to embrace that or get left behind. As I mentioned Safe-Standing might help a bit but in reality we live in a different age ... we are not getting our Tottenham back not in the stands anyway, the football 'experience' is indeed fucked if you want it to be like the 70's, however if you can afford to adapt to the 2020's then it's still good, just very different.

If you know a way that 60,000 seated fans in comfortable seats can generate the same atmosphere as 15,000 fans on the shelf ... not only our club but every the club would be very glad to hear it ... we spent fortunes on our huge end, on rail seats, and on the acoustics, yet it's still pretty lifeless. So all ideas which don't start with losing 20m of income would I'm sure be welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom