Stub hub rest in peace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can somebody explain the logic in giving a bonus loyalty point to any ST holder who puts their ticket up for sale on the Ticket Exchange? Doesn't seem very loyal to me?

Can somebody explain the logic in giving a bonus loyalty point to any ST holder who puts their ticket up for sale on the Ticket Exchange? Doesn't seem very loyal to me?

Good point. It is a bit odd. If you sell your ticket you get the LP for free (assuming it goes), if you attend it has cost you £35 or 1/19th of your ST.

Good point. It is a bit odd. If you sell your ticket you get the LP for free (assuming it goes), if you attend it has cost you £35 or 1/19th of your ST.
Yeah, but you've seen the match?

Given the period of "transition" of moving to Wembley, I think it's a nice gesture of the club to "reward" fans who have decided to purchase/renew their ST and deal with being buggered about.

But maybe that's just me.:pochrolleyes:

Given the period of "transition" of moving to Wembley, I think it's a nice gesture of the club to "reward" fans who have decided to purchase/renew their ST and deal with being buggered about.

Fair point. Just seems odd that someone that doesn't attend the match gets the LP.
I'm not really bothered though, just being selfish hoping i would accumulate 19 points & some others wouldn't! :pochsmirk:

Dunno about Rest In Peace...
More like Rot in Hell!

StubHub, Fan TV, 'Super' Agents and Half & Half scarves have been the scourge of modern football...
Sadly, FanTV, Agents and Half/Half scarves don't seem to be going away any time soon... but at least this is a start!

Guess if you're a seller you'd be pissed but as a buyer it's much fairer. I've got my season ticket today and probably won't attend every single match (missing the first two games as I'm abroad) so instead of forcing to sell at face value they should maybe have capped the max price per category. It just forces more people to tout the tickets themselves.

Guess if you're a seller you'd be pissed but as a buyer it's much fairer. I've got my season ticket today and probably won't attend every single match (missing the first two games as I'm abroad) so instead of forcing to sell at face value they should maybe have capped the max price per category. It just forces more people to tout the tickets themselves.
But will you actually get a ticket to tout?

I assumed we'd be issued with some sort of access card, which we'd use throughout the season as per what happened at WHL?

Also, if you're only buying a ST to sell them, you've got a ST for the wrong reasons tbh.

But will you actually get a ticket to tout?

I assumed we'd be issued with some sort of access card, which we'd use throughout the season as per what happened at WHL?

Also, if you're only buying a ST to sell them, you've got a ST for the wrong reasons tbh.

The old ticket exchange system was similar although that based selling your ticket on the match day value. Club held onto your money through the season.
But people would normally just sell their ticket direct to a mate or friend of a friend. And then get your access card back.

Stub Hub actively encouraged touting the last few years.

Wouldn't be surprised if Spurs don't use Stub Hub just for this year due to lack of sell outs then negotiate better terms once we go back to the Lane and ticket demand is high to watch us in the new stadium.

Maybe I'm wide of the mark here, but surely feck all tickets will be sold on this new platform while we are at Wembley.
We are not going to sell out apart from maybe the Chavs, Woolwich and possibly Man U - so tickets will be freely available directly from Spurs without the £7.50 fee added to the face value (if I'm reading the Spurs website correctly). So unless you want to be in a specific block that just happens to be sold out, then there's probably no need to buy one via this method.

Maybe I'm wide of the mark here, but surely feck all tickets will be sold on this new platform while we are at Wembley.
We are not going to sell out apart from maybe the Chavs, Woolwich and possibly Man U - so tickets will be freely available directly from Spurs without the £7.50 fee added to the face value (if I'm reading the Spurs website correctly). So unless you want to be in a specific block that just happens to be sold out, then there's probably no need to buy one via this method.
I would pay extra to sit in the "PL" area rather than elsewhere - are they allowed to sell if it is not a sell out?

I would pay extra to sit in the "PL" area rather than elsewhere - are they allowed to sell if it is not a sell out?

Looks like it.

Still going to be loads of empty seats at Wembley all of next season (I'm guessing probably up to 30k for many games)....if only Spurs had shown a bit of goodwill and knocked down the ticket prices like they did for the Champs League last season.

Looks like it.

Still going to be loads of empty seats at Wembley all of next season (I'm guessing probably up to 30k for many games)....if only Spurs had shown a bit of goodwill and knocked down the ticket prices like they did for the Champs League last season.
Were we not expecting 50K for most prior to the extension - I still think a lot of games will have no upper tier (and this is as planned), it is a shame regarding cheaper tickets but even with cheaper tickets I think we would have huge gaps - If ST were 30% cheaper then they may chose to miss 30% of the games rather than the hassel of getting there and out and "no cost".

I think if we start the season as we finish last one, the fans will keep flocking in (Wembley or not and regardless of prices).
However, if we don't start off with a bang or start to flag, then yes crowd numbers will drop.

I understand it to mean you can list your ticket even if the game isn't sold out. Although a buyer will have to pay the £7.50 fee, as mentioned above, many will be happy to pay it to sit in a more sought after area.

I think if we start the season as we finish last one, the fans will keep flocking in (Wembley or not and regardless of prices).
However, if we don't start off with a bang or start to flag, then yes crowd numbers will drop.

Exactly. If we are challenging for the title again next season tickets will still be in demand. Otherwise.....

Means you are making the club extra £s. That's the definition of loyalty to the club surely. You are literally paying the players wages.

Like the guy who buys all 3 kits. More loyal than the guy who buys one shirt.

If everyone bought 3 full kits we could probably buy Messi.

Were we not expecting 50K for most prior to the extension - I still think a lot of games will have no upper tier (and this is as planned), it is a shame regarding cheaper tickets but even with cheaper tickets I think we would have huge gaps - If ST were 30% cheaper then they may chose to miss 30% of the games rather than the hassel of getting there and out and "no cost".
They are selling season tickets in the upper tier. So not sure what that means can't just shut an area with ST holders sitting in it.
Looking today mainly club Wembley with availability and a lot of lower tier areas limited availability.

Lower tier Wembley can't hold all ST holders so if they shut upper tier only place to move those people is Club Wembley. Which I can't see happening.

Back
Top Bottom