Striker needed...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me it'd be

1. Soldado
2. Gomez
3. Martinez
4. Villa
5. Aubameyang

Admittedly Gomez is probably a no go but if he's available then he's definitely who we should go for but Soldado's number 1 simply cause he fits the bill for what we need perfectly, we could actually afford him and there's not much doubt he'd score goals for us. I could maybe see us getting Villa if we got someone like Aubameyang but like Gomez he's unlikely. Aubameyang for me is a great chance to pick up an up and coming world beater, definitely someone we'd be getting excited about it we actually bought. Here's hoping. :avbpray:

For me it'd be

1. Soldado
2. Gomez
3. Martinez
4. Villa
5. Aubameyang

Admittedly Gomez is probably a no go but if he's available then he's definitely who we should go for but Soldado's number 1 simply cause he fits the bill for what we need perfectly, we could actually afford him and there's not much doubt he'd score goals for us. I could maybe see us getting Villa if we got someone like Aubameyang but like Gomez he's unlikely. Aubameyang for me is a great chance to pick up an up and coming world beater, definitely someone we'd be getting excited about it we actually bought. Here's hoping. :avbpray:

Completely agree with you there. Soldado would be the perfect striker for us I think, the way he played for Spain the other day reminded me how well he plays as a lone striker. If we are to play 433 next season like is being suggested then we need someone who can play alone up front.
Damiao could probably do this also but Soldado is a proven goal scorer in Europe and has been for years.

Completely agree with you there. Soldado would be the perfect striker for us I think, the way he played for Spain the other day reminded me how well he plays as a lone striker. If we are to play 433 next season like is being suggested then we need someone who can play alone up front.
Damiao could probably do this also but Soldado is a proven goal scorer in Europe and has been for years.

Absolutely. The problem would be getting Levy to pay up for him before anybody else decides to swoop for him. As for Damiao I agree and would have Soldado any day of the week though. I was disappointed about missing out on Son Heung-Min but what can you do. It'd take a lot to beat the disappointment of signing Saha under a certain baconface so I can rest easy about that. :levystare:

Valencia's current financial situation means they could sell for something like £15m and I think that would be a steal! As for Saha, we wanted Zaha but Harry spelt in wrong, heard it first hear ITK...

£15m would be spot on for a guy like him. Also maybe an alternative option here but would anybody be happy with snapping up Ba from Chelski? If he's being frozen out then I'd give him a go at Spurs. Unlikely but worth thinking about me thinks :gallashmm:

We need the strikers we have to strike. Just saying.

Strike you say?

article-0-024D929900000578-829_233x356.jpg
modric_1553380a_2012072410203489.jpg

We're in.

We don't need a striker. We have strikers. We need the strikers we have to strike. Just saying.
I disagree - our strikers aren't good enough. On his day, Adebayor is a handful and has the potential to be a big goal threat but he hasn't done it consistently through his entire career - what makes anyone think that he'll start doing that now? The same can be sad about Defoe, and even he hasn't had enough experience playing up front on his own.

We need another striker. For the last four seasons we've had strikers that haven't done the job for us.

1. Soldado
2. Gomez
3. Higuain
4. Benteke
5. Ba

Soldado and Gomez look attainable at the moment given Valencia's financial frailties and Bayern's willingness to bring in Lewandowski. We should move heaven and earth to sign one of them, IMO, as Villa look like they want crazy money for Benteke.

Gomez' agent 'quotes' were encouraging - let's hope we might be interested!
It's all about the dinero and who else is interested. If Napoli get rid of Cavani for silly money and are looking for a new striker then we'll be behind in the race. But if a suitors of the calibre of Fiorentina are interested then we can be confident ofsnapping him up

Strategy could be buy the one we want (even if it costs), Bale announces he is staying and this could attract or tip the balance for others to rush and sign. Well one can hope!!!

Back
Top Bottom