Stoke away - please read the OP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2P8G said:
Did anyone else notice that Stoke had reduced the size of their pitch for when the yids were in town? It was narrower and shorter, you could see the faded lines where it used to be. Not only did this assist their long throw game but gave Bale & Lennon less space to operate in.

It just seems that those scumbags will do anything they can to bend the rules and eek out the tiniest most pathetic advantage possible and bugger equality or the spirit of the game. I know I'm sounding like a whinging gooner but it's true.

Fucking knew it. They really are cunts. Was worried to mention it in case people thought I was being paranoid.

Can't believe I'm still vexed about this result, feels just like the carol OT incedent. My piss was boiling for a week after that...

I just read that in a daily mail article too, cheeky fuckers!

Last season, Stoke’s pitch was one of the smallest in the top flight, measuring 100x64metres — the minimum dimensions permissible. That looked set to change this season after the club qualified for the Europa League, as pitches in UEFA competition must measure 105x68m.

However, to ensure that the club continued to make the most of Delap and Shotton’s potent throws, they have marked out twopitches at the Britannia Stadium — one for domestic competition and another for European games.

Thought this was pretty common knowledge...

Wasn't just to do with them playing us, but they play with a fairly narrow pitch in domestic football but now they are in Europe they have to comply with UEFA's standard pitch size so they widen and lengthen it slightly in Europe. So technically they aren't making it smaller for the Premier League but making it bigger for Europe. It's the same size pitch we've played on there for the last 3 seasons (winning twice).

Frankly if we're bitching about that we want to have a look at ourselves, seriously!

We should have got Bale to ask to use Shotton's towel when he took a throw in. Arent they supposed to offer towels to both teams if they have them available. Cheeky way around it but its just so pathetic.

I don't see what the problem is. If he wants to wear something that allows him to dry a ball and throw it, let him. Sure anyone else can do the same.

It's not like we didn't know it was coming. It's up to us to defend it.

Case said:
I don't see what the problem is. If he wants to wear something that allows him to dry a ball and throw it, let him. Sure anyone else can do the same.

It's not like we didn't know it was coming. It's up to us to defend it.

I'm sure the Premier League said before that if they want to use towels, then both teams must be able to use them.

Obviously, this now isn't the case.

(no pun intended)

We're we not allowed to use a towel then? I imagine we just didn't because the long throw is not part of our game.

It was his vest, they cut a bit of it away to use as a towel. Couldn't give a fuck personally, we played like cunts for the opening 15 minutes and it cost us.

sure we started shit but what really cost us was a completely inept referee performance

we scored and had one saved on the line by a defenders arm ffs not to mention Kabouls fucking red card

that cunt foy fucked us plain and simple, worst ref performance this season by a country mile

I can take losing if we are out played and deserve it like the shity result but to lose to abunch of cunts who play the worst brand of football in the whole fucking league all because the ref was incompetant as fuck is a hard pill to swallow

anyway onwards and upwards COYS

Thelonious Filth said:
moddd22.gif

Back
Top Bottom