Stevenage Replay - Block 35 Takeover

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thelonious said:
Ramsingh said:
S.L.R said:
Block 33 for me against Stevenage.

It would be funny if a hundred or more Tottenham ultras took over an area in the Paxton.

I'm in F, shelf.

We need to get something arranged for the Bolton game - Stop all this boring cup atmosphere.
We shouldn't have to arrange anything, just sing sing sing!!!

Oh don't worry mate, me and my old man will be singing, it's just all the fans that come simply because U-16s £5 and Adults £20.

For Cheltenham I sat next to three people who sat there chatting between themselves and didn't sing once. Pissed me off too much.

PaxtonTT said:
S.L.R said:

It would be funny if a hundred or more Tottenham ultras took over an area in the Paxton.
I'm in 33 too mate and was at tottenham ultras - lets make a great atmosphere for the lads!!
34 with my mate, it would seem we can divide and conquer.

And what Thelonius said!

"We shouldn't have to arrange anything, just sing sing sing!!!"

PaxtonTT said:
S.L.R said:

I'm in 33 too mate and was at tottenham ultras - lets make a great atmosphere for the lads!!

I'm definitely up for that mate! Really hoping we can get some atmosphere for a cup game against a smaller side. These nights have been like morgues recently. The Stevenage will make loads of noise so I hope we can pay them in kind.

Anyone slightly (just slightly) concerned we could be in for a rude awakening tomorrow if we dont approach this properly?

Sort of, but can't see it to be honest. If we were playing the sort of side we played in the Europa League then yes, maybe. But we'll go out with a strong side, I think. Strong enough.

Thats the thing.

Would you start with Lennon? if you intend to play him at Everton thats 3 games in a week of the back of a long layoff - asking for another muscle tweak there....

Yeah that's true, no Lennon. But I'd be happy playing Gio on the right for this one. Defoe, Ade, is Bale fit now? Modders, Sandro, Livermore, Gio. Smaaash em.

Cudicini, Kaboul, Dawson, Nelsen, Rose, Niko, Parker, Livermore, Bale, VDV (if fit) and Defoe.

Surely that team is good enough to beat Stevenage. It means a few rested too.

It sounds like Bale may start... if it means him getting 60 minutes under his belt before the weekend, then all good... hopefully we don't take it lightly, (they'll probably notice if we start with an entire team of Under-16's, and might take umbrage!)

A good decent mix of experience, talent and youth SHOULD see us through tonight;

- the experience to accept (and tell the youth) that these types of game are rarely straightforward,
- and the talent for the experience and youth to pass to, to make sure it ISN'T 'one of those games'!!

I think we should start with VDV and Bale - get some minutes in their legs and get them off as soon as possible after HT. Gallas may also be back but not sure.

Defoe is starting

I'd go..

Cudicini (cant trust Gomes tot to ruin it can we)

Nelsen or Smith---Daws---Nelsen or Gallas---Rose

Gio---Livermore---Niko---Bale

---VDV----
-----------Defoe

Bit of a wonky team but at home we should have enough? maybe stick Modric in for Niko and look to take him off.

pack the bench with big shots just in case...

Is smith cup tied? If he isn't definitely should start tonight. Maybe Lancaster on the bench also?

Be nice to see Lancaster get a start alongside Defoe.

I wouldn't risk Bale for this one or Lennon. Midfield for me would be.

Gio---Livermore---Sandro---Niko

Save Kaboul and Bae and see who is fit come 1700 today to see who can play at the back. Definitely not Gomes between the sticks though.

I hope we dont concede as it would be nice for my aspergers to keep clean sheets all the way to the final.

Cant see any other result than a win but I reckon there will only be 25k of us there.

Back
Top Bottom