Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Caught the highlights. Surprised at how much I missed that he did. Little flick to Davies for him to run onto, a killer pass to Aurier that led to the corner that Toby scored from, won the penalty, a key sprint to get to the ball and win a dangerous free kick when there was five minutes left, got his shots away quick etc.

One or two rusty looking things and didn't get everything right passing wise but I have no complaints about his quality which is evident very early on. If it clicks in the PL he'll be a fantastic player for us. We have a lot of danger out wide these days.

“My father called me and said: ‘Pack your stuff, you’re going to London,’” said Bergwijn. “It was fast. I didn’t expect to make the transfer in January. I thought in the summer. But if Tottenham wants you, you can’t say no,” he added.

I dont think I'll ever tire of hearing those words.

Liked so much what I saw.

He has the decision making, he has pace, he has awareness and he has strenght as well. At some point he was holding the ball against number of Villa players. And once he very well disposed the Villa player with combination of strength and intelligence.

So far seems awesome addition. Hope it continues (and he hits the ground running in CL as well... and scores winner vs Chelsea... so not too high expectations or anything :thumbup: ) !

For a player to come in, go straight into the first 11 and have a big influence on both games is very rare.
Lets be honest if Poch was still in charge he wouldn't have even featured yet.

It's early days but he looks the real deal to me, I think he is going to excite Spurs fans fulfilling a similar role to Aaron Lennon, going past full backs with pace and popping up with goals. First genuinely decent winger we've had in a long time.

We haven't really seen much of his crossing ability but can see him creating loads for Kane and Dele.

Back
Top Bottom