Steve Perryman

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll miss the old place when it's gone - you too by the sounds of it.
I will defiantly miss the old place.
So many memories, not just football but of my Dad etc.
That's why it was so important to me that we kept as much contact with the past as possible.
Wont exactly be the same,but at last I will be walking the same streets(in most cases) to get there.

That's why it was so important to me that we kept as much contact with the past as possible.
Wont exactly be the same,but at last I will be walking the same streets(in most cases) to get there.

Its pretty much triggers broom these days.

Same here. Each time I go to whl or go with my boy I still get that exciting stomach butterflies feeling. My dad does not go anymore, he is into his golf and won't pay the prices, but is still spurs mad

I still recall my first time at whl, early 80's against man u, about ten of us travelled up from Somerset, into Paddington, tube to 7 sisters, the my old man pointing out the ground on the right as we left Bruce grove.......great memories, some great days out, the buzz of the place still has me in goose bumps now.

Coming from a rural place, into Tottenham, the natter and banter in the pubs, surrounded by other fans, just incredible, the results not always not so good!

When the ground is finished I have told the old man he is coming up to experience it, which he wants to, so 3 generations of spurs hopefully seeing some better results!!

Same here. Each time I go to whl or go with my boy I still get that exciting stomach butterflies feeling. My dad does not go anymore, he is into his golf and won't pay the prices, but is still spurs mad

I still recall my first time at whl, early 80's against man u, about ten of us travelled up from Somerset, into Paddington, tube to 7 sisters, the my old man pointing out the ground on the right as we left Bruce grove.......great memories, some great days out, the buzz of the place still has me in goose bumps now.

Coming from a rural place, into Tottenham, the natter and banter in the pubs, surrounded by other fans, just incredible, the results not always not so good!

When the ground is finished I have told the old man he is coming up to experience it, which he wants to, so 3 generations of spurs hopefully seeing some better results!!
What always sticks in my mind (and still gets the butterflies going) was that first view of the pitch,as we came into the ground for my first match(west stand upper, in the corner by the Park lane).

Glad its not just me :)

CLJpr57XAAA6IBP.jpg

It was in West London wasn't it?? ...never ventured that far west as a kid!!

I preferred to keep it local, and got my first Spurs kit (Admiral, 1978 in case you're wondering) from Ted Ditchburn's Sports shop in Romford Maaaaaaarkit!

Did anyone listen??
...and did anyone else think summit awful had happened to him when they saw the thread had been pushed up?

...is he still involved at Exeter??? I'm sure they'll mention it in the replay this week if so...

Did anyone listen??
...and did anyone else think summit awful had happened to him when they saw the thread had been pushed up?

...is he still involved at Exeter??? I'm sure they'll mention it in the replay this week if so...

Yes my heart was in my mouth for a few minutes. I very rarely listen to the radio, apart from in the mornings getting ready for work, but just by chance I caught the last few minutes of this last night. Going to try and see if its being replayed on the i-player.

Any yes, he is still DoF at Exeter.

Back
Top Bottom