starting line-up&formation for the new season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd love to see something like this given a go in pre-season:

Lloris​
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Ekotto​
Carroll Sandro​
Lennon Sigurdsson Townsend​
Bale​

and those back ups

Who's back up for Sandro though? Livermore?[/

I guess it would depend on need

Vs those minnows, Carroll needs a run

Vs quality, Parker would be useful

And definitely use Townsend as a back up to Siggy for a different dynamic with his pace n additional width on the left

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Dawson JV

stopped here

I can't believe anyone actually thinks Dawson should be dropped.And BAE instead of Daws? Beyond me

People dropping Daws instead of JV or BAE, crazy, crazy, crazy, IMHO.

Lloris
Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Shaw
Sandro - Moutinho
Lennon Dembele Bale
Villa

Wishful thinking maybe, but with a top 4 finish all targets should be within our range, and the whole lot could all be bought for little more than £40m (half of which could come from a summer clear out)

Genuinely believe Dembele is better suited a little further up the pitch as well. As our most skillful and creative player I would like to see him in the final third and around the box a lot more than he currently is.

Should be : Lloris/Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Perreria/Sandro, Moutinho, Dembele/Lennon, Benteke, Bale.
Bench : Archer, Dawson, Rose, Carroll, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Adebayor.

What is Friedel going to gain from being on the bench other than weekly wage; although Archer should be playing week-in week-out so I'm just completely wrong haha. Maybe Archer should play cup and Europa games.

Back
Top Bottom