Stadium Tours

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mrs Perryman

Supporter
I'm a Cockney Malteser 👑
I was determined to participate in a stadium tour before WHL was knocked down, and it had to be with a Legend. Last Monday, I did exactly that, with Graham Roberts.
The tour started in the Press Conference room, where we all had a chance to take a photo with the great man and obtain an autograph or three. I took along a photo of me and Robbo with the UEFA Cup taken in 1984, and he signed it for me, but he managed to smudge it. Whilst we were waiting for everyone to get sorted, we waited in the press area where there a couple of photos on the wall of the 1972 UEFA Cup and the 1991 FA Cup winning team . When the guide asked for a volunteer to name the players in the photos, I must admit I did show off a tad, and rattled them off without taking breath - I even knew the trainer in '72 (Cecil Poynton)!
We did all the main areas - Bill Nicholson Suite, with some very impressive artefacts; corporate area and boxes; directors' seats; home dressing room; tunnel and pitch side. Discovered that our manager's and subs' seats are heated and the visitors' are not! The best part though, was hearing the stories Robbo was able to share. He absolutely hates David Pleat, he never wanted to leave us but it was pretty plain that Pleat didn't rate him and was told in no uncertain terms that he would be sold asap. He got a cheer when he recalled putting Charlie in the stand.
When he talked about the 1981 final, he recalled how he ended up with a boot in the face (Chrissie Hughton's!) and I mentioned that my friend's sister was the dental nurse who looked after him. He then said, "For a minute, I thought you were going to say that you had the tooth!" That raised a laugh.
The tour ended in the room that the mascots get ready. On one wall is a huge picture of the Paxton end - and yes, you've guessed it - I picked myself out in the crowd. The tour ended with another photo opportunity with Robbo with replicas of the UEFA and FA Cups. Think it overran by about half an hour, but nobody seems to mind.
All in all, an excellent afternoon, and would strongly recommend it to anyone who hasn't done it yet, but try and get one with a Legend, as they certainly bring it alive.

Got a tour booked for the 30th, can't wait :)

Only 20 quid for a regular tour and there's just 14 months left till the stadium starts to disappear so it's definitely worth it.

I did a stadium tour back in 1994! Unfortunately it wasn’t with a legend but our legendary kit man, Roy Reyland, happened to be preparing the kits and boots in the home changing room. We were playing Liverpool away the following day and our tour coincided with Roy getting everything ready for the bus up to Liverpool. As we were looking around the home changing room, Roy offered people the chance to hold the shirt and boots of their favourite player for a photo opportunity. My favourite play was Teddy Sheringham so I asked if I could have Teddy’s shirt. It was something really special. I was only 13 years old and I was holding the shirt and boots worn by Teddy himself. I still have the photo of me grinning from ear to ear.

The following day Tottenham got a damn fine 2-1 win at Anfield with Teddy scoring both goals.

Last edited:
Got a tour booked for the 30th, can't wait :)

Only 20 quid for a regular tour and there's just 14 months left till the stadium starts to disappear so it's definitely worth it.
It was £40 with a Legend, obviously I thought it was worth the extra. But if you have never done one before, then try and get one in before the end of next season, whether its with a legend or not. I gather they are held a couple of times a month.

I'm thinking about taking my dad along to WHL for one of the stadium tours this year, whilst we still have a chance!

It looks like it would have to be the "classic tour", as there are currently no legend tours advertised and the historical tour is only on Tuesdays (when we are both at work).

Have many people on here done the classic tour? Is it fun/interesting/worth the visit? I'd definitely love to have a proper look behind the scenes of the ground but just want to check it's not more aimed at kids, or just trying to usher people into the gift shop!

Any thoughts appreciated, cheers.

I'm thinking about taking my dad along to WHL for one of the stadium tours this year, whilst we still have a chance!

It looks like it would have to be the "classic tour", as there are currently no legend tours advertised and the historical tour is only on Tuesdays (when we are both at work).

Have many people on here done the classic tour? Is it fun/interesting/worth the visit? I'd definitely love to have a proper look behind the scenes of the ground but just want to check it's not more aimed at kids, or just trying to usher people into the gift shop!

Any thoughts appreciated, cheers.

Didn't know they did a classic tour, would be interested to know what people think

Back
Top Bottom