Stadium Tour - Pics & Comments

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

mummy

We're not dead yet ...are we?
Just took a tour of the stadium on the first weekend of this event. Although the Sky Lounge bar wasn't part of the tour, the Stratus Bar was.
There were plenty of interesting things to see and I'll add them as I think of them.

Overall, it was an really good tour. Considering it was only the tour guide's 2nd day I thought he did an excellent job. He was knowledgeable, relaxed & friendly.

Although the tour starts from the Spurs Shop, I thought I'd start by posting a photo of my most memorable moment, which was, strangely enough, in the Away Team Changing Room. I know the stadium is getting plaudits from all quarters for the brilliant and lavish design, but one thing I hadn't realised was the subtle way they've purposely fucked up the away team's changing room. EXCELLENT!
When you first go in, you think, "Well, this is ok.", but then things start to dawn on you. Firstly, it's just white ceramic tiles and a bench. Then you notice it's carpeted and the carpet's looking grubby already. Then you see the pièce de resistance - They've installed these two massive white stone 'islands' in the middle of the floor, ostensibly to hold the bins for the dirty kit. In fact, they're there so the coach can't stand in the middle of the changing room at half time, commanding the room, with all his players gathered around him. They interfere beautifully, magnificently with the space. The coach has to peer over them. If they're seated, the players have to peer over them to see the manager. BRILLIANT design! Then there's a little TV and a small white board on one wall. :)

Here it is:

JjcqqFb.jpg

Last edited:
Just took a tour of the stadium on the first weekend of this event. Although the Sky Lounge bar wasn't part of the tour, the Stratos Bar was.
There were plenty of interesting things to see and I'll add them as I think of them.

Overall, it was an really good tour. Considering it was only the tour guide's 2nd day I thought he did an excellent job. He was knowledgeable, relaxed & friendly.

Although the tour starts from the Spurs Shop, I thought I'd start by posting a photo of my most memorable moment, which was, strangely enough, in the Away Team Changing Room. I know the stadium is getting plaudits from all quarters for the brilliant and lavish design, but one thing I hadn't realised was the subtle way they've purposely fucked up the away team's changing room. EXCELLENT!
When you first go in, you think, "Well, this is ok.", but then things start to dawn on you. Firstly, it's just white ceramic tiles and a bench. Then you notice it's carpeted and the carpet's looking grubby already. Then you see the pièce de resistance - They've installed these two massive white stone 'islands' in the middle of the floor, ostensibly to hold the bins for the dirty kit. In fact, they're there so the coach can't stand in the middle of the changing room at half time, commanding the room, with all his players gathered around him. They interfere beautifully, magnificently with the space. The coach has to peer over them. If they're seated, the players have to peer over them to see the manager. BRILLIANT design! Then there's a little TV and a small white board on one wall. :)

Here it is:

JjcqqFb.jpg
Looks like the back of Vera Duckworth in that photo :)

Looks like the back of Vera Duckworth in that photo :)
Those two elderly ladies were gorgeous. One knew a lot and the other one was a bit deaf, had a zimmer frame and was very entertaining. They'd just pitched up on the off chance and luckily there were 2 cancellations.

GOOD DAY FOR A TOUR?
Sunday morning tours are good if you want to drive to the stadium. I parked at 9.30am, right outside, on the opposite side of the road.

BREAKFAST
The new Spurs 'M' cafe seems to be a bit on the pricey side. They say M stands for Media, but I think it stands for Making More Money for Mr Moneybags. So we had a really nice Turkish breakfast in the Koyüm restaurant in the High Road, opposite the stadium - a tenner for 2 people (cash only).

THE TOUR
After an initial 'motivating' video in the Spurs Shop (which was quite good) we got a brief introductory talk in the main atrium and a look at the time capsule. Then up to level 9 in a lift, to the posh Stratus Bar. Lovely views over London.
The pitch had just been re-layed, so no pitch markings. The empty stadium looks gorgeous.

3 pics:

jMHqb2u.jpg

AntSnfQ.jpg

CuDl0xe.jpg

Last edited:
(Apparently, the Bill Nicholson gates are stored safely in the archive, until they decide where to put them.)

Then on to 'The Loge", an ultra posh lounge area. Through the door to the posh, heated seats, high above the managers' technical areas.

2 pics:

PKLuHEP.jpg

57ROPxl.jpg

Then down to pitch level. Into corridors leading to treatment rooms, changing rooms, medical rooms, gyms/warm-up rooms.

During the build, Levy clearly got hold of a job lot of apostrophes that he needed to use up on any doors he could find...

cswVFV2.jpg

Then to the away team's changing room, with its two massive, totally unnecessary 'dirty kit bins', installed (I reckon) purely to mess up the space within the room lol.

Here's a pic, looking into one of them:

RAScnLZ.jpg

O4J9RrU.jpg

...and the very pathetic TV/white board, generously provided for the away team:

KB6eSRU.jpg

The away team corridor is quite dark, dull, utilitarian, bare and gloomy.
By contrast, the home team corridor is bright, cheerful and full of lovely inspirational photos. Apparently Poch was presented with thousands of images, from which he could choose the ones he wanted on the walls. He made some good choices:

ZH2SYna.jpg

BOSMCTZ.jpg

Poch & the staff have lovely, comfy, electrically adjustable, heated seats:

0PT3tXN.jpg

I could go on for ages, but maybe you should go and see it for yourself.

Poch & the staff have lovely, comfy, electrically adjustable, heated seats:

0PT3tXN.jpg

I could go on for ages, but maybe you should go and see it for yourself.
I've booked for August, as I wanted to see the upper levels. Going to have to do it again though, as I don't think the Skywalk will be open then, and I definitely want to do that.

Back
Top Bottom