Stadium Announcement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blanchflower said:
1882 said:
Jeez, that's AWESOME dude!

apart from not really being able to see the pitch

Exactly, you wouldnt even have to be at the back to not be able to see anything at the other end.

I fucking LOVE the mock up's of the new Spurs ground with the massive single stand. Spurs fans are noisy (when they have something to shout about)

internal_bowl_new.jpg

Looks steep as fuck but I bet the atmosphere would be immense.

Blanchflower said:
1882 said:

Remember that it's from the perspective of a camera. It's going to appear much more distant through a lens than it does to the eye, but yea the "nosebleed sections" kinda suck. They have a certain appeal, though.

another picture for the lulz
zzcRD.jpg

Remember, a major part of college football is creating so much damn noise that the opposing team can't communicate.

VirginiaSpur said:
another picture for the lulz
[ Image ]

Remember, a major part of college football is creating so much damn noise that the opposing team can't communicate.

I still can't get my head around the fact American College football is SO big!

We got this;

leonschoolvisit1.jpghires.jpg

1882 said:
I still can't get my head around the fact American College football is SO big!
Well, just as rugby/football grew up at public schools in the UK, US football grew up in universities. The NFL is a very young league (1920), and the sport thrived on academic rivalries for decades beforehand. Even so, the NFL was small time until the 1950s. Consider that the Chicago Bears, one of the first NFL teams, and with an iconic logo that has not changed, *stole* the logo from my university, who had managed to have a historic football program (and then willingly disintegrate it), in the time it took the NFL to get rolling.

But the "bigness" of college football is also very regional. I remember reading about how Keith Olbermann and Dan Patrick saw college football completely differently when they worked together at ESPN. Olbermann, from New York, saw college football as a diversion (iirc). Patrick, from Ohio, considered it his dearest sport.

The newer NFL stadiums are being built with around a 70-80k capacity and are works of art in their own right, which is what I love most about them. You look at Emirates, Benfica, the Aviva, etc etc, they remind me of our phase in the 70s of the "cookie cutter" stadiums.

riverfront_stadium.jpg
and then we had
trs10.jpg
followed by
veterans-stadium-philadelphia.jpg
as well as
BuschStadium,st_louis.jpg

Unfortunately, Ours will be of similar design to the Emirates, and Benfica, and others that are being done up because it works. At least they want to put the stands as close to the pitch as possible and the idea of that single tiered stand is epic.

Dru said:
Blanchflower said:
1882 said:

Exactly, you wouldnt even have to be at the back to not be able to see anything at the other end.

I fucking LOVE the mock up's of the new Spurs ground with the massive single stand. Spurs fans are noisy (when they have something to shout about)

internal_bowl_new.jpg

Looks steep as fuck but I bet the atmosphere would be immense.

Imagine 8000 scarves/flags being lifted in that bank whilst singing when the Spurs Go Marching'... The Tottenham Ultras Stand

Someone just made a good point on BBC Sportsday - Woolwich moved to the Emirates to 'compete' with the best yet they have only gone backwards in terms of players/team and honours.

Is it a warning to us in a way?

Dru said:
Someone just made a good point on BBC Sportsday - a***nal moved to the Emirates to 'compete' with the best yet they have only gone backwards in terms of players/team and honours.

They've gone backwards because instead of investing in the team they've kept the money.

Dru said:
Someone just made a good point on BBC Sportsday - a***nal moved to the Emirates to 'compete' with the best yet they have only gone backwards in terms of players/team and honours.

The only warning I see is not to employ a dopey manager for 7/8 years longer than we need, just because he won the double with a team someone else built. (Along with drawing about 25 games out of 49)

:bae:

Back
Top Bottom