Stadium Announcement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still think we're aiming a little low on seating with 56k. New stadium needs to seat 60,362. That would be one more than le Arse's.

VirginiaSpur said:
Still think we're aiming a little low on seating with 56k. New stadium needs to seat 60,362. That would be one more than le Arse's.

id rather a full stadium with a better atmostphere than worrying about those fucking nobodies down the road,

this is our home, what ever they have got shouldnt even be considered, they could have one made out of diamonds and 10times the size i wouldnt care

Good point.

We're just used to bigger stadiums here in the US. From our perspective it seems silly that bigger stadiums equal duller crowds.

VirginiaSpur said:
Good point.

We're just used to bigger stadiums here in the US. From our perspective it seems silly that bigger stadiums equal duller crowds.

I've always been interested in this VS.

How are the tickets for say a standard NFL game priced.

Imagine a fixture comparable to say Spurs vs Everton which was priced at it's cheapest at £39 so $60 roughly, for a fairly standard game.

Big fixture say le Arse or Chels priced at £60 at the min.

Is the pricing in the States similar to that of say the German Bundesliga (which has the highest average football attendance in world football I believe) which is said to be comparable to that of a cinema ticket for example?

tehTrunk said:
I have good friends who are Chicago Bears season ticket holders, so I can sort of answer this.

First, the only reason they (they're all in their mid-30s) have season tickets is because they were willing to go to every home game in Champaign (some 200km away) while the Bears were having their home ground redone about six years ago or so.

Next, they had to choose between buying Personal Seat Licenses or not. These guarantee, in perpetuity, for a one-time fee, the right to a specific seat. The only way to sell them is on the Bears marketplace, if I understand correctly. The lowest priced license, currently, is $2900. They hit > $100k rather easily.

This is just the right to buy tickets to that seat, not the tickets themselves.

Non-PSL tickets require a $100 deposit (one-time) to get on the waiting list.

Prices are uniform across all matches (for season tickets holders certainly, but I think for all tickets). There is, as you can see, a wide array of pricing.

There is no such thing as away tickets, from what I gather, and I'm pretty certain that the Bears sell-out every game.

tehTrunk said:
VirginiaSpur said:
Good point.

Imagine a fixture comparable to say Spurs vs Everton which was priced at it's cheapest at £39 so $60 roughly, for a fairly standard game.

Is the pricing in the States similar to that of say the German Bundesliga (which has the highest average football attendance in world football I believe) which is said to be comparable to that of a cinema ticket for example?

The price of tickets in the bundesliga reflects the quality as well - I went to Hertha Berlin vs Bayer Levekusen in November, so two of the 'better' sides and the standard of football was appalling. There are better teams in the Championship.

Blanchflower said:
tehTrunk said:
VirginiaSpur said:
Good point.

The price of tickets in the bundesliga reflects the quality as well - I went to Hertha Berlin vs Bayer Levekusen in November, so two of the 'better' sides and the standard of football was appalling. There are better teams in the Championship.

I don't think that's at all relevant to be honest.

People can only go to watch what's put in front of them.

tehTrunk said:
I don't think that's at all relevant to be honest.

People can only go to watch what's put in front of them.

If the tickets were more expensive the clubs would be able to afford better players......you pay for what you get (admittedly with some exceptions)

Éperons said:
tehTrunk said:
I have good friends who are Chicago Bears season ticket holders, so I can sort of answer this.

First, the only reason they (they're all in their mid-30s) have season tickets is because they were willing to go to every home game in Champaign (some 200km away) while the Bears were having their home ground redone about six years ago or so.

Next, they had to choose between buying Personal Seat Licenses or not. These guarantee, in perpetuity, for a one-time fee, the right to a specific seat. The only way to sell them is on the Bears marketplace, if I understand correctly. The lowest priced license, currently, is $2900. They hit > $100k rather easily.

Prices are uniform across all matches (for season tickets holders certainly, but I think for all tickets). There is, as you can see, a wide array of pricing.

There is no such thing as away tickets, from what I gather, and I'm pretty certain that the Bears sell-out every game.

Christ alive, and we think we've got it bad.

Surprised that it's only 61k seater though.

In yankie terms that must be pretty average?

Considering Auburn University have a capacity of about 90k...

Crazy.

Blanchflower said:
If the tickets were more expensive the clubs would be able to afford better players......you pay for what you get (admittedly with some exceptions)
For the time being, it seems like German clubs get the bulk of their revenue from commercial sources--at least the three richest do:

[centre]
10%2BPL%2BMoney%2BLeague.jpg
[/centre]
The other top European clubs make their money on TV rights. TV in Germany is not only a small pie to begin with, but it's rather evenly distributed: the top team can only get, at most, double what the bottom team gets. So unlike Spain (or even England), performance doesn't bring too much extra TV money.

But all the clubs have pretty weak match day revenue, in comparison to TV and merch. Only for Woolwich are tickets the leading source of revenue.

Point is, the best way for the German league to have more money (to bring in more talent) is not by raising ticket prices, but, rather, by raising its TV revenue to be more in line with the other big 4 European leagues:

[centre]
5%2BPL%2BTV%2BRights%2Bby%2BCountry.jpg
[/centre]
(Both figures from The Swiss Ramble)

stickygerbil said:
1882 said:
too much red for me!! :sick: :angry: :fu:

Funny, I feel the same about your avatar!
:defoe2:

Meh, mine's 'Otspur 'istory innit???

On second thoughts, maybe I should change it to this;

percyarms.jpg

I bowed to overwhelming pressure and changed it... it doesn't look too 'Chelsea away kit circa.1983' now does it????

chelsea_lion_logo_render_by_pyarch-d3fp6kh.png

Oh cocking bollocks it really does! shit it all... back to the drawing board!

VirginiaSpur said:
This was talked about in the consultation process. The view was, and still is, that if we are to have a 'wall of sound' to create atmosphere, à la Kop, then that limits the capacity potential.

personally, I would prefer the atmosphere to out and out size and this seems to be the best combination to me.

tehTrunk said:
Éperons said:
tehTrunk said:

Christ alive, and we think we've got it bad.

Surprised that it's only 61k seater though.

In yankie terms that must be pretty average?

Considering Auburn University have a capacity of about 90k...

Crazy.

College Stadiums can hold a ton of people especially the bigger programs. Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame all have colossal stadiums as well as many of the SEC teams.

Back
Top Bottom