Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puskas didn’t bother either.
Nor Maradona. But they are exceptions, football genius' who can get away with it. Puskas was quite tubby too (according to Ron Greenwood who laughed when he saw him lining up at Wembley), and probably didn't head the ball much either. Most players though can't take a corner with either foot. Nor even a penalty.

I'm sure that as well as admiring Ginola's gallic looks, Mrs. P, you also rather liked his ambidextrous ability with his feet?

:adesalute:

Edit - I've not seen you here before, glanced at the name and assumed it was Mrs P

:sonlol:

Nor Maradona. But they are exceptions, football genius' who can get away with it. Puskas was quite tubby too (according to Ron Greenwood who laughed when he saw him lining up at Wembley), and probably didn't head the ball much either. Most players though can't take a corner with either foot. Nor even a penalty.

I'm sure that as well as admiring Ginola's gallic looks, Mrs. P, you also rather liked his ambidextrous ability with his feet?

:adesalute:

Edit - I've not seen you here before, glanced at the name and assumed it was Mrs P

:sonlol:

Yes I did :). I loved that game, especially the reaction from the man in the raincoat. Mind you, we all reacted the same way.

Spurs X1 away to Dulwich Hamlets on Saturday @ 3 pm.

Assuming it's an u21' side we send it's the 2nd preseason match for that level, we played about 16 u21s last week of whom one ( Lyons-Foster) is now with the first team squad.

Although we have about 33 u21s about 10 (including Skipp) are with the first team, so most of the squad from last weekend are likely to feature again. I'd guess Etete might get his first outing as a Spurs u21' ?

There were rumours that new years1 and year 2 of the academy went to s tournament in Belgium this week, but no news on which players went or results so far - but that in turn suggests that none of them ( or very few) will feature on Saturday

Assuming it's an u21' side we send it's the 2nd preseason match for that level, we played about 16 u21s last week of whom one ( Lyons-Foster) is now with the first team squad.

Although we have about 33 u21s about 10 (including Skipp) are with the first team, so most of the squad from last weekend are likely to feature again. I'd guess Etete might get his first outing as a Spurs u21' ?

There were rumours that new years1 and year 2 of the academy went to s tournament in Belgium this week, but no news on which players went or results so far - but that in turn suggests that none of them ( or very few) will feature on Saturday
With Etete now on the books, does it limit the chances Parrott is going to get at higher levels ?

With Etete now on the books, does it limit the chances Parrott is going to get at higher levels ?

Don't think anyone can answer that question atm. It may depend upon how Parrott does in preseason as to how much he is involved with the first team this sesson

Both could play u23 and u18 although I'd guess both have " done" u 18 and would derive little benefit from playing there. So both could compete at u23 and conceivably both could play in the same team - Parrott has been used by Irish youth on the left wing for example.

But as I say let's see what Parrott looks like in preseason and what Etete looks like if he plays today for Spurs X1.

Reminder of last week's team. Many of these will be involved again today I'd guess, other than BLF who is with first team

Sashon Aird-Munn, Max Robson, Zanda Sizibi & Marques Murr all discussed in this article highliting 6 youngsters tipped for great things. Do you know much about them WindyCOYS WindyCOYS ?

Max Robson and Marques Muir are expected to be included in the new Year 1 academy which we are waiting to be announced. Think the other two have left

Reminder of last week's team. Many of these will be involved again today I'd guess, other than BLF who is with first team

As expected a fairly similar squad, with a few changes

Edward Smith (trialist) again in goal - I'm puzzled as he only played 45 mins last week. Can only assume a potential 3rd GK for first team.

Sterling captains side, assume it's a run out before another Loan move. Good to see Asante on bench - was out virtually all last season injured.

Usual rubbish being trotted out about Edwards. But rumours suggest he's no longer training with Brentford and that they aren't convinced by his fitness. I'd imagine that if they weren't convinced with his fitness they might want to put him through a pre-season regime, but what do i know?

Good to hear that TOB is starting preseason well -was a difficult last season for him after being foiled in breaking into the first team squad by a succession of injuries which continued into last season. That after a good preseason 2017 and being a key player as E u17 won its WC

Sounds like TOB had another great game today which is fantastic to hear. He's someone who had a lot of hype as an Under-16 and has barely turned up since for Spurs (though looked great for England). If he could find his groove it would be a wonderful bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom