Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindyCOYS

The Fighting Cock
Previous threads:
U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)
Spurs Youth 2018/19

This thread will follow the U23s, U18s and other Spurs youth teams in the various competitions and tournaments throughout the season – including the U18 Premier League, Premier League 2 (U23), UEFA Youth League (U19) and the Checkatrade Trophy (we've once again entered an U21 team). If you have any information about any age group, including U16s and below that you feel is worthy of sharing then please post.

Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Alfie Whiteman, Brandon Austin, Jonathan De Bie, Joshua Oluwayemi

Defenders
Japhet Tanganga (CB), Tariq Hinds (RB/LB/CM), Timothy Joel Eyoma (CB/RB), Jonathan Dinzeyi (CB), Brooklyn Lyons-Foster (CB/RB/CM), Maxwell Statham (CB/RB), Jubril Okedina (CB/RB)

Midfielders
Anthony Georgiou (LW/LB), Luke Amos (DM/CM), George Marsh (DM/CB), Jack Roles (AM/CM), Tashan Oakley-Boothe (CM/AM), Phoenix Patterson (CM/AM), Paris Maghoma (AM/CM), Oliver Skipp (CM/DM), Jamie Bowden (CM/DM), Armando Shashoua (AM), Maximus Tainio (DM), Dilan Markanday (AM/W)

Forwards
Shayon Harrison (S), Marcus Edwards (CAM/RW), Kazaiah Sterling (S), Sam Shashoua (W/AM), Shilow Tracey (AM/W/S), Rodel Richards Jr (S), Jeremie Mukendi (S/RW), Elliot Thorpe (S/W/AM), Rayan Clarke (AM/W), Maurizio Pochettino (W)

Academy Year 2

Goalkeeper

Kacper Kurylowicz

Defenders
Malachi Walcott (CB), Luis Binks (CB), Dennis Cirkin (LB)

Midfield
Harvey White (CM), Rafferty Pedder (CM/AM), Chay Cooper (AM),

Forwards
Enoch Asante (S), Troy Parrott (S), J'Neill Bennett (W), Kion Etete (S)

Academy Year 1

Goalkeeper

Defenders

Midfield

Forwards

Ooh a brand new thread !

And celebrating a year from your release from SC :levylol:

Any guesses on why new Year 1 academy still have to be announced - probably already over a week later than last year ? I guessed it might be delays in getting international clearance for the rumoured Yago De Santiago joining, but surely must be more than that ?

Last edited:

Just a reminder of our expected new Academy Year 1 players

Jonathan De Bie
Jamie Bowden
Anthony Georgiou
Brooklyn Lyons-Foster
George Marsh
Troy Parrott
Jack Roles
Oliver Skipp
Japhet Tanganga
Harvey White
Alfie Whiteman

All travel to Singapore today. CCV is injured.
No mention of Onomah by the club.

9 of the youngsters (plus Skipp) make the preseason travelling squad. Hope they get some meaningful game time (although Whiteman and de Bie as 3rd and 4th GK) may struggle

Great to see decent youth in the squad this year . Can honestly say they have picked boys that deserve to be given a chance . Roles probably deserved it most after the season he has just had

Agree with all that.

Seeing the holes at full back I wondered if Hinds who has had a decent season might get a chance - plays RB/LB and probably not far behind KWP in abilities or Cirkin who although was a first year seems to have taken to u18 and then u23 like water, very good LB prospect but maybe age/stature counted against him ?

I'll be honest - didn't really "notice" Hinds last season but he got rave reviews for his Ebbsfleet display and if he is hungry who knows? I'm not really a KWP fan but maybe he can stop with the big smiles and start getting "nasty" like Rose.

Agree with all that.

Seeing the holes at full back I wondered if Hinds who has had a decent season might get a chance - plays RB/LB and probably not far behind KWP in abilities or Cirkin
Is he genuinely 2-footed? Just curious. Constant bugbear of mine that more players arent, seeing as they get 4 hours a day (minimum) to practise their "weaker" foot

Is he genuinely 2-footed? Just curious. Constant bugbear of mine that more players arent, seeing as they get 4 hours a day (minimum) to practise their "weaker" foot

KWP is a RB/!B but to me he is probably 85% the player he is on the righ, and it's just that in certain situations he's just not as good on his left and think Hinds could be the same butnot seen him as LB recently.

Agree if always thought kids should have to spend an hour s day kicking s ball against a wall right foot left foot - I'm sure the likes of Glenn Hoddle did that s youngster and he turned out all right ! ( No puns)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom