Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
CCV.
Fulham, Derby, Huddersfield and Middlesbrough have all contacted Spurs over the availability of the USA international.

CCV.
Fulham, Derby, Huddersfield and Middlesbrough have all contacted Spurs over the availability of the USA international.

Something like 90 appearances in Championship for 4 or 5 clubs/managers at age 22, so no surprise lots of suitors for an experienced young CB.

Surprised he's not being sold if I'm honest - possibly as part exchange for a player we want.

Leicester u18s 3-4 Tottenham Hotspur u18s

Etete, Robson, Cirkin, Bennett with the goals:

Spurs travelled to Leicester for the re-arranged league game moved for the FA Youth Cup tie against Liverpool that Spurs won 4-2. Leicester beat Aston Villa in their last game 2-1. Last season Spurs won 4-0 here on their way to a second place finish in the league. The"Foxes" were four points ahead of Spurs in the table before this game.

Spurs lined up for their last league game of the year with Lo-Tutala in goal behind Lusala and Binks with Cesay at right back and Cirkin on the left. White anchored the midfield with Robson and Pedder ahead of him. They were flanked by Whittaker on the right and Bennett on the left in support of Etete up front. There was not much experience on the bench.

Spurs kicked off the first half with the sun at their back attacking the East end. Leicester, playing with a strong physical press and quick counter-attack, had an early chance that was pushed onto the post by Lo-Tutala from Terell Pennant. Pedder curled an effort just wide of the left post and Binks had a header saved from a corner as both sides got forward to threaten the others' goal.

Maswanhise won a corner before Cesay got forward to play in Etete to win a corner at the other end. Leicester took the led when Maswanhise got down the right and crossed for Loughlin to score in the centre of the goal. The lead did not last long as good work by Robson set up Etete to turn and score in the bottom left corner.

The home side were in front again when Kian Pennett ran onto a long ball from Bosworth to fire in. Pedder drew a save as the half neared its end but there was still time for Leicester to win a penalty when Cesay caught Terell Pennant going away from goal. Tavares sent Lo-Tutala the wrong way to give the hosts a two goal lead at the break.

There were no changes for the start of the second half which saw the Spurs midfield get more into the game as White was pushed forward. Gyamfi headed over from an early corner before Asante replaced Whittaker on the right. Kian Pennant hit the bar from distance before White struck a free kick over the bar at the other end.

Cesay picked up a booking for a pull just before Loughlin drew a save from Lo-Tatula. Kian Pennant fired wide before Robson was booked for catching Barrett after he got past him. Cirkin got forward and played in Robson to pull a goal back scoring across the keeper.

Spurs' confidence grew and when White put over a corner from the right it reached Cirkin attacking the far post to score the equaliser. The momentum was now with Spurs and when Asante got down the right his cross was collected by Bennett at the far post to coolly slot home for the visitors to take the lead. Three goals in under ten minutes had completely changed the game.

Bennett drew a save from a long ball by Binks. Pedder was booked for a foul on Tavares before Leicester made a double change to try and get back into the game. Pedder fired wide before Robson was replaced by Skinner who sat in front of the back four. Gyamfi headed over from a corner before Asante had to go off and be replaced by Mundle for the final minutes which Spurs were able to see out, keeping the ball in the corner.

This was a good win by Spurs against a strong counter-attacking side. Coming from 3-1 down at half-time to win with three goals in the second half. Leicester were very strong in the first half but Spurs adapted in the second to gain control of the midfield. Spurs close the gap on Leicester to a point and return after the Christmas break with a home game against Fulham.

Shit or get off the pan time for these guys:

KWP13/04/1997
CCV31/12/1997
Amos, Luke Ayodele 23/02/1997
Georgiou, Anthony 24/02/1997

Here's a list of Academy guys who come off the u 21 list next season:

Marsh, George Owen 05/11/1998
Sterling, Kazaiah 09/11/1998
Tracey, Shilow 29/04/1998
Whiteman, Alfie 02/10/1998

Of course Foyth also comes off the U21 list next season.

Lots of rumours that Parrott may go out on loan after all... which is great, but would contradict what Mourinho said previously.

I think Parrott would do very, very well in the Championship. Could easily fire a mid-table team into the Play-Offs.

Lots of rumours that Parrott may go out on loan after all... which is great, but would contradict what Mourinho said previously.

I think Parrott would do very, very well in the Championship. Could easily fire a mid-table team into the Play-Offs.
You still standing by Toby Alderweireld being better than Ledley you absolute nutcase?

Pazza to QPR with Eze behind him is the dream.

You still standing by Toby Alderweireld being better than Ledley you absolute nutcase?

Pazza to QPR with Eze behind him is the dream.
Ledley is my second favourite Spurs player of all time but Alderweireld is better than Ledley IMO.

Parrott to link-up with Eze for QPR between now and May and for us next season...

Ledley is my second favourite Spurs player of all time but Alderweireld is better than Ledley IMO.

Parrott to link-up with Eze for QPR between now and May and for us next season...
Absolute hooligan.

I love Eze but this migration to 4-3-3 I can't see suiting him.

But then I also don't see Jose for the long term, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom