Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen this on Roles

- most open play chances created and Shots p90 than any other CM in the league of 500 mins played plus
- most non penalty goals p90 (0.46) in the legue
-2nd completed dribbles p90.
- Top 10 duels win (68%) of all CMs
- 1.5 progressive carries per 90, top 5 in league.
- 0.41 xG and xA combined

Just seen this on Roles

- most open play chances created and Shots p90 than any other CM in the league of 500 mins played plus
- most non penalty goals p90 (0.46) in the legue
-2nd completed dribbles p90.
- Top 10 duels win (68%) of all CMs
- 1.5 progressive carries per 90, top 5 in league.
- 0.41 xG and xA combined

Thanks for posting.

FYI, a more complete version of the tweets with more analysis in the Jack Roles thread.

Republic of Ireland u19 beat Gibralta 13-0 with Jamie Bowden scoring 2 and assisting 2.

Difficult to know if that is good or 'par for the course' with that scoreline !

I doubt he will use Troy Parrott as much as he used McTominay though, because he won't need to. I'll be curious about him using Sessegnon though. I'm not that familiar with our academy players, do we have any great prospects as full backs or centre backs?

I doubt he will use Troy Parrott as much as he used McTominay though, because he won't need to. I'll be curious about him using Sessegnon though. I'm not that familiar with our academy players, do we have any great prospects as full backs or centre backs?

Others, like Windy and Spursidol will answer this better, but I like the look of both Hinds (RB) and Cirkin (LB).

Centre back is probably an area where the Academy has most depth, but after Carter-Vickers (been on loan at Championship level for 3 years still only 21, but probably not quite good enough) only Japhet Tanganga (E u20) aged 20 has some experience - and that limited to pre-season 2019 where he played in all 4 preseason games with 45 mins each and looked good and not at all out of place playing against some good strikes. Plus 90 mins v Colchester. But imo could/should be tried out in the first team (Now) for a few 15 min cameos before a full 90 minutes. Right footed, and with a good turn of speed, calm under pressure, strong/well built albeit slightly under 6 foot so relatively short (?) etc, but equally at home as LCB and RCB in Academy where he's also played FB a few times. Until he's tried out, its difficult to be sure how good he might be, but he might be a useful squad player - or even better.

Eyoma (RB/CB) looked good in Preseason 2018, but looks to have gone off the boil this season. Probably needs a loan to give him a new challenge.

Lyons-Foster was taken on Preseason 2019, but didn't play - my guess would be that he looked too lightweight. But a Rolls Royce of a player in the academy, able to play both RB and CB effortlessly.

Binks is the youngest, aged 18, to mention but after Tanganga imo might have the most promise as CB. Excellent defender capable of the accurate long pass that was a feature of Alderweireld's play a couple of years ago. There are other younger CB's coming through too.

In terms of full backs, as bus-conductor bus-conductor said LB Dennis Cirkin (aged 17) looks very good, I would hope he is taken on Pre-season 2020 to see if he is capable of joining first team squad in 2020/21.

Hinds (RB, but can play LB) aged 19 is again a good prospect, but if the 22 year old KWP cannot get games, then Hinds who is probably of the same calibre of KWP won't get games either. And KWP now has possibly regressed from the 19 year old KWP through lack of games, but a different manager or loan might get him back to the excellent prospect he once was.

We shall see. But even if he sends some of them out on loan, that will be more than what they are currently getting.

The hope is that he's seen how the youngsters at Man U stepped up.

And also seen how there are half a dozen or more yoingsters at Chelsea now frequently involved with the Chelsea first team - and some of the leading lights like Abraham was there but not involved with first team when Mourhino was there.

But I think it more likely that he'll send most of the youngsters on loan rather than play them at Spurs - but we will see with the likes of Skipp, Parrott and Tanganga being his first test of what to do with youngsters identified as being the best current prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom