Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided not to make video on Georgiou since we've seen a decent amount of him over the years in preseason and I don't think too many still consider him a top young player, but here's a few words on his Ipswich debut:

Played in a more advanced role on the left side of a 4-2-3-1 and made an instant impact to a team that was very flat in the first half. Had great chemistry instantly with left back Myles Kenlock who I like quite a bit.

Did a good job winning physical battles and drew some fouls going forward. His first real involvement in the game was winning a foul not far outside the box and then crossing the free kick to a wide open man who got a weak header on it.

Kept things fairly simple, created a good amount of opportunities streaking down the left side and crossing in. He was used on both corners and free kicks from any spot in the attacking third and most were very good. Worth noting that when Alan Judge was subbed on he took a late corner instead that led to Ipswich's first goal.

My personal feeling at this point is Georgiou is he's more of a Championship player long term but I see why people like him. He'll be excellent for Ipswich this year and has a chance to make a nice career for himself, I just don't see it being at Spurs.

Good insight! Think he will do damage in that league.. perhaps get town up. I would agree that he wont make it at Spurs. Perhaps we can get a decent fee for him.

Where do you watch these games? Are they usually streamed by the club? I wonder what the deal is? a subscription cost ?
There were 19k attendance last night at Ipswich which is quite a lot more than last seasons average!

All these lads should get out and play man-ball if deemed ready... No point sitting around playing 3rd and 4th fiddle to our seniors.
I think Pochettino is coming around to that kind of thinking mainly because we have so many decent youngsters bubbling under they have to go somewhere...

We could honestly do with setting up some form of deals with a few Champ-League 1 clubs to take a couple of our rookies on loan each year for development.

As long as we don't go full Chelsea and have an entire armada out each year.

Loved the answers on the thread of the tweet too.

Everything from "Yes" to "Promotion to League 1 assured" and similar.

Made s real hit with the fans on his debut - loan announced yesterday and even if he had been at Cambridge for a few days on trial before, a really impressive performance as he cannot have known his team mates that well.

We could honestly do with setting up some form of deals with a few Champ-League 1 clubs to take a couple of our rookies on loan each year for development.

As long as we don't go full Chelsea and have an entire armada out each year.

Several years ago we'd fairly regularly have 20+ players out on loan. We made an absolute packet from it in the long-run.

Can any of you guys tell me who we’ve got on loan and where, (maybe even put it in a separate thread, with the front page always updated so we can keep tabs easier?)

Cheers

47CLARKE SeasonLEEDSC
8AMOS SeasonQPRC
12CCV SeasonSTOKEC
38GEORGIOU (til Jan)IPSWICHL1
14STERLING SeasonDONCASTERL1
21MARSH (til Jan)ORIENTL2
30ROLES (til Jan)CAMBRIDGEL2

47CLARKE SeasonLEEDSC
8AMOS SeasonQPRC
12CCV SeasonSTOKEC
38GEORGIOU (til Jan)IPSWICHL1
14STERLING SeasonDONCASTERL1
21MARSH (til Jan)ORIENTL2
30ROLES (til Jan)CAMBRIDGEL2

Who else do we think might be loaned out ?

Maybe :
- Brandon Austin GK (allowing Whiteman to be 3rd GK, and De Bie to become u23 GK )
- Timothy Eyoma CB (might be affected by Alderweireld/Vertonghen situation, might even be retained by Poch to train with first team and get appearances ?)
- Japhet Tanganga CB (As Eyoma)
- Jonathan Dinzeyi CB
- Shilow Tracey
- Marcus Edwards AM (loan last season in Netherlands)
- Sam Sashoua AM (loan last year in Spanish 3rd division )

Think that's probably all the candidates - all the players who were born in 1999 or earlier.

Possibly Tashan Oakley-Boothe might join that list even though a 2000 born, as hes already been on a preseason and trained with the first team. So what else will he do this coming season unless a loan ?

Not saying all will be loaned out, but not sure what extra experience Eyoma and Tanganga would get from playing u23's again this season ? But could Poch want to try to get one or both of these to train with first team to get them into first team contention ?

But other younger players who will be training with the first team this season (based upon preseason) might well be :
- Troy Parrott
- Harvey White
- Jamie Bowden
- Broooklyn Lyons-Foster

So in summary - maybe another half dozen loans ?

Whiteman, Edwards and Tracey will be over 21 next season.
Likely loan for Edwards, probs abroad. Surely he cannot read about what is happening with Sancho's career and not get jealous and even..motivated?
Utility player/striker Tracey will likely stay IMO. He and Etete will rotate/challenge? He is quite versatile so good to keep around, maybe?
Goalkeeper Whiteman was on the bench for the 1st team last season so is obvs highly rated.

Last edited:
Those players who are still under 21 next season that I rate: TOB, Eyoma and Tanganga.
Markanday and Shashoua are exciting to watch but..
IMO TOB absolutely needs a loan.
Eyoma was an unused sub for the 1st team last season . Tanganga was great in the friendlies. Has he leapfrogged Eyoma?
One of these guys to be loaned?

Looks like Udinese might be Marcus Edwards destination. In last year of contract so fee wont be much, hope we get a big sell on clause in as he might be amazing there...…., or might not !

Looks like Udinese might be Marcus Edwards destination. In last year of contract so fee wont be much, hope we get a big sell on clause in as he might be amazing there...…., or might not !

I reckon he plays less than 5 Serie A games before he's eventually released or sold.

I reckon he plays less than 5 Serie A games before he's eventually released or sold.

Depends on whether he's determined to make it....but also some of the Italian fans are a bit racist.

Italy is not the first league I'd have chosen for him. Better off in the Netherlands league(where he has been) or Spanish league for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom