Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean Parrett
Jordan Archer
Andros Townsend
Ryan Mason
Steven Caulker
Yaser Kasim
Jonathan Miles
Kyle Fraser-Allen

Are ones that I recognise.
Andros Townsend
Steven Caulker
Ryan Mason
Jordan Archer

No Harry Kane, perhaps taking the picture?

Nice to see Caulker looking happy after his issues.

A lot of them have changed quite a bit, but:

Dean Parrett, Jordan Archer, Andros Townsend, Steven Caulker, Danny Hutchins, Jon Miles, Josh Ekim, Chase O'Neil, David Hutton, Ryan Mason, Ajet Shehu, Yaser Kasim, Kyle Fraser-Allen, Chris Casey, Takura Mtandari.

I just went to the first page of the thread and I am wondering how Windy got banned from SC, Windy you're one of the least offensive opinions on spurs (that is a compliment) what did they do to you?

I just went to the first page of the thread and I am wondering how Windy got banned from SC, Windy you're one of the least offensive opinions on spurs (that is a compliment) what did they do to you?

Think you will probably find a good number of TFC posters have been on SC at one time or another - no secret I was banned despite starting one or two of their largest most popular threads (which rives traffic to them and hence potential financial supporters) and bus-conductor bus-conductor was banned despite being one of their larger financial supporters. They have a mod with a warped personality called A&C who likes banning people.

Lennon. Branagan

Harvey White: The Maidstone born CDM was involved in 21 goals from 33 appearances across all levels for Spurs last season.

Troy Parrott: Scored an impressive 15 goals for our under 18’s from just 12 appearances and he laid off a further six. The Dubliner was directly involved in a remarkable 29 goals from 29 games across all levels for Spurs last season.

Armando Shashoua: Our under 18s captain fantastic operated at both CAM and CM during his 34 competitive appearances for our under 18s, 19s and 23s during the recent season. Shashoua chipped in with an impressive seven goals and 12 assists.
Along with Dilan Markanday he was one of Spurs’ most fouled players last season but despite his small stature he was one of the strongest players on the ball in the team.

Last edited:

I genuinely can't remember the full reason but I think it's because I posted some ITK without understanding their rules over doing so.

Club to compete in EFL Trophy again in 2019/20

Good news. Last season it gave u23s probably the 4 most important games of the season - most important as for most of them it was first competitive game against men who were playing for something. We are one of only 16 teams to field our u23s so glad we gave it a real shot last season probably helping us to be selected again this coming sesson

Minimum. 3 games in group stage.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been picked up already, but we don't have a single player in the Under 21's European Championship squad.

It's pretty depressing really. KWP must have been in with a shot if he'd actually got some minutes this year.

Glad Winks is being kept well away.

But otherwise, what is going on with our current youth policy?

Not sure if this has been picked up already, but we don't have a single player in the Under 21's European Championship squad.

It's pretty depressing really. KWP must have been in with a shot if he'd actually got some minutes this year.

Glad Winks is being kept well away.

But otherwise, what is going on with our current youth policy?

Why is it the disgusting? We've done more for our international team players wise than most if not any of the English teams. We currently have the likes of Trippier, Rose, Dele, Dier, Winks & Kane that have developed into full internationals whilst playing for us and I think I read somewhere that we have had more players represent England than any other club has in the country since Internationals began.

We give Southgate far more to choose from than the likes of Chelsea, West Ham or Woolwich do and we have done for some time. Our youth policy currently has a fair old bit attached to it. Kane, Winks, Walker-Peters, Rose, Dele, Foyth all teenagers with us or signed as teenagers with others like Carter-Vickers, Edwards, Skipp, Roles, Parrott all having the potential for promising futures.

I wouldn't know for certain the numbers involved in how many international players teams like Chelsea, Woolwich, West Ham etc have produced for England in recent times but youth wise we more than hold our own compared to other youth policies and / or academy setups.

Townsend, Bentaleb, Mason all came through our ranks in recent years and went onto play for their countries at the highest level. Sometimes academies get a good churn of quality, sometimes it has spells where those players don't come good.

Why is it the disgusting? We've done more for our international team players wise than most if not any of the English teams. We currently have the likes of Trippier, Rose, Dele, Dier, Winks & Kane that have developed into full internationals whilst playing for us and I think I read somewhere that we have had more players represent England than any other club has in the country since Internationals began.

We give Southgate far more to choose from than the likes of Chelsea, West Ham or Woolwich do and we have done for some time. Our youth policy currently has a fair old bit attached to it. Kane, Winks, Walker-Peters, Rose, Dele, Foyth all teenagers with us or signed as teenagers with others like Carter-Vickers, Edwards, Skipp, Roles, Parrott all having the potential for promising futures.

I wouldn't know for certain the numbers involved in how many international players teams like Chelsea, Woolwich, West Ham etc have produced for England in recent times but youth wise we more than hold our own compared to other youth policies and / or academy setups.

Townsend, Bentaleb, Mason all came through our ranks in recent years and went onto play for their countries at the highest level. Sometimes academies get a good churn of quality, sometimes it has spells where those players don't come good.

Err, I didn't say it was disgusting.

And i'm certainly not insinuating that we owe anything to the English National team at any level. I agree that we should be proud of our commitment to developing young English players.

But even more reason to question the lack of representation from our current crop? What has changed? I have my own thoughts on it certainly.

Its got to be the first competitive squad at this level for years that hasn't contained a single representative from our club. I'm simply asking why that is?

Are people so desperate for an argument on here now? No wonder i'm barely around anymore.

Err, I didn't say it was disgusting.

And i'm certainly not insinuating that we owe anything to the English National team at any level. I agree that we should be proud of our commitment to developing young English players.

But even more reason to question the lack of representation from our current crop? What has changed? I have my own thoughts on it certainly.

Its got to be the first competitive squad at this level for years that hasn't contained a single representative from our club. I'm simply asking why that is?

Are people so desperate for an argument on here now? No wonder i'm barely around anymore.

Wasn't looking for/ trying to have an argument mate, just asking why you said what you said (and I got my depressing/ disgusting mixed up, apologies.) :dierpochhug:

Not sure why there's a lack of representation in the u21s but when I look through the squad Boothroyd has gone with I don't see many players in our ranks with the talent to oust many of those, apart from Walker-Peters who unfortunately for him has Wan-Bissaka to contend with. Defensively the squad doesn't bode too well for the future either but attacking wise, unless we give kids any minutes they won't be breaking through on a list containing Maddison, Abrahams, Solanke etc.

Very few of the u21s end up making it at the top level internationally anyway so I'm not overly concerned about it, although it would have been nice to have seen the likes of Edwards, Skipp, & KWP doing well enough to have forced their way through to this one.

Rumoured we have signed Yago De Santiago from Celta Vigo academy. The 16 year old CM will join the new Academy Year 1 - Celta have been one of the best Spanish academies in recent years and Yago ( or Iago ?) Is apparently one of their best so could be an excellent move for us.

Been a while since we signed a youngster from outside British Isles, and now 2 in one TW (also Norwegian gk)

Last edited:
Rumoured we have signed Yago De Santiago from Celta Vigo academy. The 16 year old CM will join the new Academy Year 1 - Celta have been one of the best Spanish academies in recent years and Yago ( or Iago ?) Is apparently one of their best so could be an excellent move for us.

Been a while since we signed a youngster from outside British Isles

How would this work, as he’s under 18? Does he stay with Celta for a couple of years?

How would this work, as he’s under 18? Does he stay with Celta for a couple of years?

This whole area of law is a bit of a minefield but I think I am right that a kid can move countries with the EU ( god knows if this works post any Brexit deal !) Providing they are over 16 (so it's an exemption from the normal rule of minimum age 1 8) and provided the club meets various conditions such as education, accomodation etc.

So in practice he will be like any other kid able to sign a scholarship at the age of 16 and a pro contract at 17 etc.

Rob Burch ex academy gk and more lately academy gk coach has joined Fulham - looks like Scott Parker who returned to get u18 coach Matt Wells has now returned to get Burch.

I've long held the belief that we should bring in Warburton to Spurs. I think the Club needs a CEO (even more so as we get bigger by the season). The two candidates would be Warburton and Nicola Cortese. I think the position becomes even more acute given the absence of a DoF too.

Warburton is Spurs through and through, a local lad who went to Latymer School (soft twats 'we' beat on with such glee). Apparently, I've been to Spurs with him a couple of times but have almost zero memory as there were a few of us going together (mates would bring their mates etc). Whilst not hitting the heights of his Brentford days there is clearly a clever man there on the football side of things whilst his previous City life gives a degree of business accumen too. However, having heard him interviewed a few times now it does appear that he's simply living his dream working on the football side of things, so maybe the business side wouldn't interest him.

Anyway, back on topic, this might be a good destination for our lads whilst QPR continue to go fully COYS.

I've long held the belief that we should bring in Warburton to Spurs. I think the Club needs a CEO (even more so as we get bigger by the season). The two candidates would be Warburton and Nicola Cortese. I think the position becomes even more acute given the absence of a DoF too.

Warburton is Spurs through and through, a local lad who went to Latymer School (soft twats 'we' beat on with such glee). Apparently, I've been to Spurs with him a couple of times but have almost zero memory as there were a few of us going together (mates would bring their mates etc). Whilst not hitting the heights of his Brentford days there is clearly a clever man there on the football side of things whilst his previous City life gives a degree of business accumen too. However, having heard him interviewed a few times now it does appear that he's simply living his dream working on the football side of things, so maybe the business side wouldn't interest him.

Anyway, back on topic, this might be a good destination for our lads whilst QPR continue to go fully COYS.

Warburton has very good ties with McDermott dating back a decade to when Warburton was in player development at Watford and latterly when Warburton launched the Next gen comoetition for u19s and of course Ramsey at QPR was u16 coach at Spurs before linking to Sherwood at u23 and first team level before leaving to go to QPR.

I am only surprised we haven't made loans to QPR in the last few years, although several of our released youngsters have gone there.

@Lilywhite_Rose 2 hours ago

Exclusive: We can reveal that Luke Amos will head to #QPR on a season long loan deal. This will be Luke’s first full season at that level and will enable him to get some much needed minutes after missing the last 11 months with injury. Good luck Luke.

Thanks for posting, totally agree. I was hoping that we'd be able to send some of the lads MW's way for next season. I think I posted I hoped that Roles might get a loan there.

Like you said Spurs through and through and I hope he replicates his great record at Brentford and the first season at Rangers. If he hadnt disagreed with the owner's strategy at Bees and resigned, they were a good bet to get 2nd promotion in successive seasons up to PL.

Will be looking out for QPR results from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom