Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some decent names in those teams - all of Spurs defenders subsequently seemed to be making decent careers in football for themselves, although Adam Smith has probably done the best at PL side Bournemouth.

Walker-Peters is following the Smith route IMO (without the loans). Will end up leaving us too late (i.e. should have left at 19) and being a Premier League player one way or another.

Our U18s are 3-0 up.

So maybe it's the players who are just pretty damn good after all.

D1xv1d-X4AA-GLS.jpg

A bit that we have got some very decent youngsters, but Norwich u18's have really struggled this season, so no surprise we are beating them.

Good to see u16's Tarrelle Whittaker starting as striker and AM Nile John on the bench. A rare start for Rafferty Pedder who was injured for pretty much all last season.

Ryan Mason managing u18's today

Dilan Markanday with 2 goals so far and Armando Sashoua with a penalty after Whittaker fouled in the box

Walker-Peters is following the Smith route IMO (without the loans). Will end up leaving us too late (i.e. should have left at 19) and being a Premier League player one way or another.

Yes, Adam Smith really drew the short straw at Spurs, burst onto the scene about 10 years ago now in a preseason win over Dortmund, lots of loans - in one I recall Smith totally stuffing Wright-Phillips (then regarded as a good England player) when on loan at League 1 side MK Dons beat or drew with (I think) PL ManCity ?

And despite looking (with Daniel Sturridge) as the best of that crop in E u21's Spurs bought Kyle Naughton (then circa 22) and Kyle Walker (then circa 19) in as RB's. Smith should have played in preference to Naughton who never looked anything but 'ok' at Spurs whilst Walker's pace was much better than Smith who had decent pace but nothing like Walker's stamina.

As you say, in hindsight he should have left aged 19/20 as he only played about 45 minutes for Spurs first team. After joining Bournemouth full time he had a rocky first year but since then has looked good - not sure he wouldn't be better for Spurs now than Aurier for example.

D1xv1d-X4AA-GLS.jpg

A bit that we have got some very decent youngsters, but Norwich u18's have really struggled this season, so no surprise we are beating them.

Good to see u16's Tarrelle Whittaker starting as striker and AM Nile John on the bench. A rare start for Rafferty Pedder who was injured for pretty much all last season.

Ryan Mason managing u18's today

Dilan Markanday with 2 goals so far and Armando Sashoua with a penalty after Whittaker fouled in the box

Ends 3-0 win for Spurs u18's

Yes, Adam Smith really drew the short straw at Spurs, burst onto the scene about 10 years ago now in a preseason win over Dortmund, lots of loans - in one I recall Smith totally stuffing Wright-Phillips (then regarded as a good England player) when on loan at League 1 side MK Dons beat or drew with (I think) PL ManCity ?

And despite looking (with Daniel Sturridge) as the best of that crop in E u21's Spurs bought Kyle Naughton (then circa 22) and Kyle Walker (then circa 19) in as RB's. Smith should have played in preference to Naughton who never looked anything but 'ok' at Spurs whilst Walker's pace was much better than Smith who had decent pace but nothing like Walker's stamina.

As you say, in hindsight he should have left aged 19/20 as he only played about 45 minutes for Spurs first team. After joining Bournemouth full time he had a rocky first year but since then has looked good - not sure he wouldn't be better for Spurs now than Aurier for example.

To think, Naughton was the highly rated right back of the two between him and Walker and Walker was initially a centre half.

Just goes to show!

Thanks for your write ups Derry.

It seems that the ones to keep an eye on are Parrott, Markanday, Bennett, White, Lyons-Foster, Cirkin.

Would you say these are the guys you've seen the most promise from. In the U16s Whittaker and John seem to have promising reputations. Get to see much of them as well?

Thanks for your write ups, they're hugely appreciated

I notice the Scottish FA are probably having problems in telling the Craig twins apart - Matthew is in u16 squad but Matthew is in u17 squad. Wonder what the siblings rivalry is like !

Rumours that Oliver Skipp will start for the u18's - been a while since he played for them although he did play in the last u19 match.

If Skipp is playing, I'd guess we will start with the strongest line up possible by playing youngsters who have started to be come u21 regulars such as Dennis Cirkin (LB), Harvey White (DM) and J'Neil Lloyd Bennett (winger). Would be useful if we had a fit u18 striker - wonder if Troy Parrott or Rodel Richards will be fit enough to start ? If not I guess one of Bennett, Markanday or Clarke will play up front as a false no 9 or we will use u16 striker Tarrelle Whitaker.

Luis Binks (currently with E u18's) has tweeted good luck to some of the other Spurs u18's so he and Maghoma (also with E u18's) are unlikely to appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom