Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4-0 win today was our 11th match of the league season, marking the half way point of the league - and we are still unbeaten with 9 wins and 2 draws, with a goal difference of 49-12 (ie +37 ), which has to be about as good it can be, especially as we are averaging scoring over 4 goals a game and conceding only one.

Astonishingly though whilst we top the southern table, we are only 2 points ahead of Woolwich (9 wins, 2 losses GD 37-17) and 3 points ahead of Chelsea (8 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss, GD 22-9) ), both of whom we have beaten in the first half of the season, so every match in the 2nd half of the season will still count !

And its a similar story in the northern table with Everton topping the table (9 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss) ahead of Liverpool (9 wins, 2 losses) followed by Derby (8 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses from 12 games), although goal differences are less emphatic with Everton's 38-14 or +26 being the best in that division .

w-0plBmA_bigger.jpg
youthhawk‏ @youthhawk
In the #U18PL today: Liverpool win an eleven-goal thriller at the death to close the gap on Everton, who are in Youth Cup action today instead. The top three in the South all win comfortably to pull further clear of the chasing pack.

DtVxhzJWkAI5acX.png

I see the guy Roles was at it again last night . 1 goal and 1 assist , still playing out of position as a left wing , but still manages to effect the game . Clubs are crying out for players like this and we still can’t see it . Had this been Onomah ,Oakley-boothe , Sterling , they would have been fast tracked by now .anyone shed any light as to what’s going on with him

I see the guy Roles was at it again last night . 1 goal and 1 assist , still playing out of position as a left wing , but still manages to effect the game . Clubs are crying out for players like this and we still can’t see it . Had this been Onomah ,Oakley-boothe , Sterling , they would have been fast tracked by now .anyone shed any light as to what’s going on with him
I always got the vibe that Roles wasn't *that* fancied but I could never see why - love the way he dances around the periphery of the game like he's waiting to see how he can have the best possible impact and then he delivers. He's got a properly feisty side too which I like.

I always got the vibe that Roles wasn't *that* fancied but I could never see why - love the way he dances around the periphery of the game like he's waiting to see how he can have the best possible impact and then he delivers. He's got a properly feisty side too which I like.
If he was a striker, he'd be scoring at a very decent rate. To do it from midfield or the wing - well that's just crazy.

If he's the type that arrives in the box late and at the right time, and has composure - might that make him a Martin Peters type player? And I'm not suggesting for a minute that he reaches those heights btw.

Wolfsburg beaten by Under-23s | Tottenham Hotspur

Austin, Hinds, Brown, Marsh, Tanganga (c), Eyoma, Oakley-Boothe, Duncan (Reynolds 72), Sterling, Maghoma (Pochettino 83), Roles (Georgiou 65). Substitutes (not used): Glover, Thorpe.

First goal since coming back from injury for Sterling. Georgiou's return from injury and I think first appearances at this level for Reynolds and young Poch.

Great result given the number of injuries we have - and Wolfsburg previous game in this tournament being a 4-0 win against Atletico Bilbao.

Oh and another goal for Roles....quelle surprise !

If he was a striker, he'd be scoring at a very decent rate. To do it from midfield or the wing - well that's just crazy.

If he's the type that arrives in the box late and at the right time, and has composure - might that make him a Martin Peters type player? And I'm not suggesting for a minute that he reaches those heights btw.

I'd guess his best attributes are great movement and ability to get into the right place at the right time - whether that's like Martin Peters or maybe Dele Ali or even Frank Lampard - but also an ability to score all sorts of goals from the various different positions he finds space in which is another great trait, and often the result of sheer practicing lots of different goal types (but I don't know if he does).

IMO he'll make it as a pro somewhere, not sure he's necessarily good enough for Spurs, but I'd like to see Poch try him in some capacity - and the FA Cup 3rd round v Tranmere or Stockport seems a good place to try out a few youngsters. Particularly with ManU and Woolwich (and even Liverpool) seeming to give more opportunities to a few of their academy products to try to break them into the first team.

Really impressive goal that; very easy to miss from such a narrow angle when the keeper's not in the goal, you see loads of pros making a hash of it then. And very neatly nicked away from the keeper too in the first place.

That's a great finish. There's loads of things you can coach, but Roles has that natural instinct of timing and composure of execution. His biggest problem is figuring a defined role for him. Alli has a similar issue.
Isn’t it just , you can’t teach what Roles has , that’s why wherever he goes he will always get goals , because it’s natural for him . He is a centre / attacking mid player that is obvious to me , but by the look of things we don’t want him there as we have plans for others rated above him in that position . Thus us playing him all over the pitch , most lads would fail on that reason alone , but the fact he just deals with wherever we put him and still manages to find the back of the net is quite unbelievable.

Good report Thankyou . My only problem is with maghoma . He is very good at bullying his way through players , again that is a physicality thing . He needs to know his game , take on a player then pass the ball to the more technically gifted players to finish the move off . He tends to try to take on 3 or more players and then shoot from anywhere which most of the time either goes miles over the goal or miles wide of it . Not saying he is incapable , he will get you goals , just saying that you need to realise what your strengths and weakness are as a player, and implement them in your game , which will make him a better player in the long run. He basically needs to release the ball quicker.

Last edited:
There's a story online today about Jaden Brown leaving.

I was told a while ago that he'll be moving to another club in January (I can't say which club but they're PL).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom