Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from Walker-Peters, biggest talents IMO are Edwards, Onomah and Skipp. Then I’d say Tanganga, Eyoma and Lyons-Foster of those I know reasonably well. I like Dilan Markanday and Jamie Bowden a lot too.

Very excited to see Troy Parrott next season, I've heard good things. I like what I've seen of Harvey White too so I'm looking forward to seeing more of him as well. We've a good number of international players amongst the '01s and '02s.

Hopefully it's (finally) a breakthrough season for Onomah, such a shame he's injured and not on the US tour at the moment with all our absentees.

Unfortunately, Edwards on the other hand, is finished here - can't see a way back now.

Wouldn't be surprised if Troy Parrott makes a few appearance for the u23's at the latter stages of this season.

Hopefully it's (finally) a breakthrough season for Onomah, such a shame he's injured and not on the US tour at the moment with all our absentees.

Unfortunately, Edwards on the other hand, is finished here - can't see a way back now.

Wouldn't be surprised if Troy Parrott makes a few appearance for the u23's at the latter stages of this season.

This injury has come at the worst possible time for Onomah - he'd have had plenty of game-time in pre-season, and possibly even in his favoured position (number 8) where he absolutely excelled for the Academy.

These sorts of bits of bad luck can totally change the trajectory of a young players' career, sadly; particularly at a club like Spurs where chances for young players are few and far between.

This injury has come at the worst possible time for Onomah - he'd have had plenty of game-time in pre-season, and possibly even in his favoured position (number 8) where he absolutely excelled for the Academy.

These sorts of bits of bad luck can totally change the trajectory of a young players' career, sadly; particularly at a club like Spurs where chances for young players are few and far between.
So much luck involved in where and how you end up in football. I sometimes thought that Alex Pritchard would have a 10 year PL career with Spurs. His injuries happened at the wrong time (not sure theres ever a right time). When he got back to fitness he'd been overtaken in the pecking order. At least he'd got his career back on track and is playing PL.

Drives me up the fucking wall to see Sissoko charging around like a headless chicken, not picking the right pass, not controlling the ball, not hitting the target. Drove me up the fucking wall reading reviews of Josh at Villa being played out of position AGAIN by Dinosaur Bruce.

I'd love to see Spurs' and England's long term MF partnership being Onomah and Winks.

Japhet Tanganga is now out of the England u19 tournament, is it too late to involve him in the squad in US which with CB Foyth out injured fielded this team v Roma :

Vorm (c, Gazzaniga 63), Aurier, Carter-Vickers, Davies, Walker-Peters (Nkoudou 82), Amos (Marsh 83), Sissoko, Lucas (Georgiou 82), Eriksen (Skipp 63), Lamela (Sanchez 76), Llorente (Son 63).

Substitutes (not used): Whiteman, Eyoma.

Obviously expect Sanchez to start playing a little more - he has had no pre-season training at all so far and will need to maximise playing time in the 2 remaining matches on Saturday and next Tuesday, and TJ Eyoma was an unused sub.

Elsewhere in the team, Oakley-Boothe, Wanyama and Sterling were reported as injured on the Roma team list.

So do we think Poch would bring Tanganga to the US to have a bigger squad size and more cover at CB/LB for the Saturday and Tuesday matches ?

If not what are your thoughts on which pre-season matches he is likely to figure in ? Too late to join up with i21 tournament underway ?

Japhet Tanganga is now out of the England u19 tournament, is it too late to involve him in the squad in US which with CB Foyth out injured fielded this team v Roma :

Vorm (c, Gazzaniga 63), Aurier, Carter-Vickers, Davies, Walker-Peters (Nkoudou 82), Amos (Marsh 83), Sissoko, Lucas (Georgiou 82), Eriksen (Skipp 63), Lamela (Sanchez 76), Llorente (Son 63).

Substitutes (not used): Whiteman, Eyoma.

Obviously expect Sanchez to start playing a little more - he has had no pre-season training at all so far and will need to maximise playing time in the 2 remaining matches on Saturday and next Tuesday, and TJ Eyoma was an unused sub.

Elsewhere in the team, Oakley-Boothe, Wanyama and Sterling were reported as injured on the Roma team list.

So do we think Poch would bring Tanganga to the US to have a bigger squad size and more cover at CB/LB for the Saturday and Tuesday matches ?

If not what are your thoughts on which pre-season matches he is likely to figure in ? Too late to join up with i21 tournament underway ?

I was wondering similar - I'd love to see him link up with the squad in the States, personally, but there has been no mention of it.

I guess it'd depend how long we're out there for? We're very short at the back at the moment after Foyth's injury. Wanyama, who could have done a job there, is also injured.

Two matches left - Saturday and Tuesday, so I might expect a little rotation from the team v Roma for each of them.

It might be that Sanchez starts as a CB in one of them, but any minor injury at CB or LB leaves us very short.

Given that Tangana is match fit (having played in E u19 matches) and otherwise he'll be back at Spurs training ground, think I'd take him over to the US and bring him off the bench for 20 minutes or so in the last match - but have him available to play if Spurs do pick up an injury at CB or LB as he's a decent option. Sadly not my decision though !

CTB Henri Guérin‏ @CTBHenriGuerin
Fin du temps réglementaire entre @PSG_inside et @SpursOfficial ! 1-1, nous aurons de nouveau droit à une séance de tirs au but !

@SpursOfficial s’imposent 4-3 aux tirs au but face au @PSG_inside !
DjGvl6oXsAEiN8k.jpg

Jonathan Dinzeyi, le buteur de cette rencontre côté anglais

DjGv3bFX0AAzvad.jpg

DjGv3coX0AAXpmL.jpg

DjGd8RpWwAA06km.jpg

Looks like Spurs u21's drew 1-1 with PSG (Dinzeyi) but won the penalty shoot out 4-3, team sheet attached. No doubt DerryLennon DerryLennon will give us more information on the match in due course

Will there be any left soon ?

Two have left already, Griffiths may be going to Nice, Edwards is clearly not happy.

Amos did great, but will he get a chance ?

I am not so sure any more that Poch is "great with youth"

Will there be any left soon ?

Two have left already, Griffiths may be going to Nice, Edwards is clearly not happy.

Amos did great, but will he get a chance ?

I am not so sure any more that Poch is "great with youth"

Expectations at the club have changed and there's more quality in the first XI that these players have to get past. It's not like giving Ryan Mason or Harry Kane a run out instead of Benjamin Stambouli and Roberto Soldado.

Expectations at the club have changed and there's more quality in the first XI that these players have to get past. It's not like giving Ryan Mason or Harry Kane a run out instead of Benjamin Stambouli and Roberto Soldado.
Hard to disagree with the first bit - if we were still mid-table, we'd probably have 80% of the team from the Academy by now.

I come back to Josh and our favourite Sissoko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom