Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although none of Skipp, Marsh and Amos are creative geniuses really, it was really refreshing to see three players all technically good, press like fuckers, win the ball and zip the ball around with some tempo. They all showed good tactical application too, rotating positions, dropping back to cover one another, moving forward intelligently, and all of them constantly looking for the ball, not hiding from it, comfortable to take it under pressure in deeper areas from CB's needing an outlet, and doing the "drop between CB thing at times too - which we've all been repeatedly told is tactical genius that only Dier is capable of.

Bar a 15-20 minute phase in the latter part of the first half, Skipp, Amos and Marsh bossed that game. Pressed a strong senior Milan team out of any kind of rhythm and kept us in control and used the ball well, making vertical passes at times too.

I know Marsh has never been a favourite, but Ive always quite liked the kid myself, probably the least rounded of the three, but is a right tenacious little fucker who's technically competent too.

I'd rather see any of these three in our midfield than Sissoko or even Dier.

I an ideal world we keep playing the 433, and maybe one/two of them plays with more senior players around them like Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli etc.

Generally agree with that BC but think Marsh was lucky to make the US squad as apart from being a 'busy' DM, he's not shown much more - give it another year and I think you will see better DM's come through the ranks.

But I could certainly see Amos in the first team squad - but he will need to develop more to stay there - and if Skipp (3-4 years younger) continues to develop at the rate he has,..,,he could stay at Spurs for a long time.

Just hope Poch has been converted to understanding that 'the youngsters will not let you down' its not a high risk strategy to play them....and long term its a great solution to avoid buying more N'Koudou's (even though he did ok on tour) or Sissoko's or Aurier's et al.

Or of not converted that at least he'll try it again....and again..... having seen how its worked out for him and Spurs

Generally agree with that BC but think Marsh was lucky to make the US squad as apart from being a 'busy' DM, he's not shown much more - give it another year and I think you will see better DM's come through the ranks.

But I could certainly see Amos in the first team squad - but he will need to develop more to stay there - and if Skipp (3-4 years younger) continues to develop at the rate he has,..,,he could stay at Spurs for a long time.

Just hope Poch has been converted to understanding that 'the youngsters will not let you down' its not a high risk strategy to play them....and long term its a great solution to avoid buying more N'Koudou's (even though he did ok on tour) or Sissoko's or Aurier's et al.

Or of not converted that at least he'll try it again....and again..... having seen how its worked out for him and Spurs

I thought Georgiou was better on the ball and going forward than Nkoudou last night. He's no LB though.

I forgot to mention Eyoma. Really good performance, composed, and decent on the ball, quick too. Ive never been CCV's biggest fan (thought he did OK last game though) but liked Eyoma, back in his better CB position.

I thought Georgiou was better on the ball and going forward than Nkoudou last night. He's no LB though.

I forgot to mention Eyoma. Really good performance, composed, and decent on the ball, quick too. Ive never been CCV's biggest fan (thought he did OK last game though) but liked Eyoma, back in his better CB position.

Think it begs the question again why N'Koudou was bought when we had Georgiou and Bennetts coming through. Georgiou needs training as a LB/LWB if he wants to make that his position - but he has played there in Spurs youth teams.

Eyoma (CB/RB) did well, and better than expected given he was not used before - we have lots of good CB's coming through in the next couple of years and really didn't understand why Poch didn't bring Tangana (CB /LB) to US once E u19's crashed out due to the injuries in the squad but he would then have been competing with Eyoma for game time.

DjmL5eqUwAAklmi.jpg

DerryLennon DerryLennon

Amy news on the team being sent ?

My guess would be about half Academy Year 2 squad who did not go to the u21 tournament or first team in US - Oluwayemi (GK), Tainio, Thorpe, Clarke, Richards, Pochettinio, Patterson plus all of Academy Year 1 other than Troy Parrott who went to u21's tournament in Brittainy making a squad of about 15 or 17 plus a couple of the u15's or u16's and/or the Austrian CF we were rumoured to be signing

Tournament website - Tottenham Hotspur

DerryLennon DerryLennon

Amy news on the team being sent ?

My guess would be about half Academy Year 2 squad who did not go to the u21 tournament or first team in US - Oluwayemi (GK), Tainio, Thorpe, Clarke, Richards, Pochettinio, Patterson plus all of Academy Year 1 other than Troy Parrott who went to u21's tournament in Brittainy making a squad of about 15 or 17 plus a couple of the u15's or u16's and/or the Austrian CF we were rumoured to be signing

Tournament website - Tottenham Hotspur

Pretty similar to the squad that travelled to France last week with the likes of De Bie, Freeman, A Shashoua and Roles all there. But there's also a few first years such as Bennett and Cirkin.

So two days after applauding three of our own little footballing busy ****s for their outstanding performances against Milan, mr "I'm brave enough" is trying to buy some other team's pretty ordinary 21yo busy **** to block their path for the next 3 years.

Good point from WindyCOYS WindyCOYS

I can only assume those we loan out will depend on how our business goes in the final week though and it wouldnt surprise me if we see loans out in the final few days.

Not surprised that the likes of Onomah and CCV haven't been loaned though. One is injured and one could potentially be our fourth choice centre half if Toby leaves. We can't afford to send CCV out on loan leaving us with Vertonghen, Sanchez and Foyth (who's injured) as our only three centre halves without relying on a central midfielder to fill in.

More surprising is the fact the guys who aren't going to make it here haven't been sent out on loan yet (Ogilvie and Harrison). It'd been nice to also see Sterling sent out on loan.

Looks like Amos is going to be part of the squad so that's probably why he hasn't been sent out on loan as of yet. Likely the same with Georgiou though I think a loan for him playing at left back at a lower league club would do him wonders.

I guess we don't know 100% what's going on though. Maybe league two clubs have come in for Sterling but Poch wants him to play at a higher level for his development for example.

Good point from WindyCOYS WindyCOYS

I can only assume those we loan out will depend on how our business goes in the final week though and it wouldnt surprise me if we see loans out in the final few days.

Not surprised that the likes of Onomah and CCV haven't been loaned though. One is injured and one could potentially be our fourth choice centre half if Toby leaves. We can't afford to send CCV out on loan leaving us with Vertonghen, Sanchez and Foyth (who's injured) as our only three centre halves without relying on a central midfielder to fill in.

More surprising is the fact the guys who aren't going to make it here haven't been sent out on loan yet (Ogilvie and Harrison). It'd been nice to also see Sterling sent out on loan.

Looks like Amos is going to be part of the squad so that's probably why he hasn't been sent out on loan as of yet. Likely the same with Georgiou though I think a loan for him playing at left back at a lower league club would do him wonders.

I guess we don't know 100% what's going on though. Maybe league two clubs have come in for Sterling but Poch wants him to play at a higher level for his development for example.

With the PL window closing next week but Europe remaining open I think it would be suicide of ANY club to confirm their loans now.

Loans do not need to be confirmed until the end of August, I suspect European clubs waiting like vultures in the wings for the PL window to shut then go after the PL clubs players that look to be fringe or limited chances of getting game time.

With the PL window closing next week but Europe remaining open I think it would be suicide of ANY club to confirm their loans now.

Loans do not need to be confirmed until the end of August, I suspect European clubs waiting like vultures in the wings for the PL window to shut then go after the PL clubs players that look to be fringe or limited chances of getting game time.
Just as Poch wanted players in for pre-season training/to adjust to methods, it would have benefitted our young players to be in place in advance of the season.

To have not sent any out by this point just illustrates very poor planning across the piece IMO.

Just as Poch wanted players in for pre-season training/to adjust to methods, it would have benefitted our young players to be in place in advance of the season.

To have not sent any out by this point just illustrates very poor planning across the piece IMO.

To be fair, we only sent out 4 players on loan last summer. Two of those are likely to be in the first team squad this season (CCV, Onomah), the other was on trial at Birmingham recently (Glover) and the other I'm amazed is still here (Ogilvie)

Who do you think we should have sent out on loan this summer? Ogilvie, Harrison, Sterling?

Perhaps Poch thinks training with the first team could be more beneficial to them as well as using the chekatrade trophy for their development?

But given the early close to the window, whilst Europe remains "open" it would be suicide IMO.

Can't see any many other PL clubs announcing loans just yet either, not just us, I suspect they too see a massive threat given our window is closed whilst their's is open. Can't think of many players that have gone out on loan to another clubs ahead of pre-seaon anyway (unless you're Chelsea and the loans are multiple year and out to Vitesse for example). It's absolutely normal for our best prospects (or those we want to showcase and sell on) to go with the First Team on pre-seaosn Tour, as has been the case last few years.

But given the early close to the window, whilst Europe remains "open" it would be suicide IMO.

Can't see any many other PL clubs announcing loans just yet either, not just us, I suspect they too see a massive threat given our window is closed whilst their's is open. Can't think of many players that have gone out on loan to another clubs ahead of pre-seaon anyway (unless you're Chelsea and the loans are multiple year and out to Vitesse for example). It's absolutely normal for our best prospects (or those we want to showcase and sell on) to go with the First Team on pre-seaosn Tour, as has been the case last few years.

Agree we should not send any player on loan who might be in our first team thinking (at least until closer to end August when TW on continent closes) so that probably excludes players such as Onomah, Skipp, Amos, Carter-Vickers and Georgiou, but players like Roles, Hinds, Tracey et al could certainly be sent on loan to help with their development as I don't see them appearing for Spurs first team this season.

Lilywhite Rose‏ @lilywhite_rose

Our
31-20e3.png
39-20e3.png
man squad:

GK De Bie/Freeman
RB Hinds
CB Lyons-Foster/Walcott/Okedina
LB Tainio/Cirkin
CM Duncan/Roles/Thorpe/White
WF Mukendi/Bennett/Shashoua/Clarke/Pochettino/Markanday
CF Parrott

Won first match 1-0 through Armando Shasshoua goal

I also posted this in the Girona match thread

Lilywhite Rose‏ @lilywhite_rose
#thfc Development squad players, Shilow Tracey and Jonathan Dinzeyi are in the first team squad to fly out to @GironaFCpic.twitter.com/MSnzusxGoM

DjvjwRmXcAAaw69.jpg

DjvjxzkX0AAePnw.jpg

Just like new signings.

Shilow Tracey has been described as the Development Squad's answer to Sissoko, often played as an AM, but like Sissoko is versatile.

Jon Dinzeyi is a relatively (for a young man) big unit of a CB, has had a decent season (and went on last year's US tour without playing), but possibly less well regarded by youth watchers than Japhet Tanganga, TJ Eyoma (who put in a very mature performance against AC Milan) and the year younger Brooklyn Lyons-Foster who are all CB's.

Edwards is 100% done then.

Good opportunity to bring him to Spain but nope, we've brought Tracey instead who I've never heard glowing reviews for. He even signed a new deal recently though so maybe Poch feels there is something there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom