Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weds battered for 90 mins but scrape a draw, Josh not got off the bench

Sheffield United 0-0 Sheffield Wednesday: Cameron Dawson penalty save earns Owls draw

Edit - don't bother reading. There's no mention of anything Spurs. Don't know why I posted

:pochfacepalm:
Thought they defended really well - if they can keep that up it would be a great environment to bring Onomah into. They really lacked a link between midfield and attack last night, I was surprised Onomah didn't get 20 minutes at least.

Incidentally I think the squad rotation for u18 match is possibly due to the fact that on Tuesday there is a Checkatrade match v Portsmouth.

And as its the international break we will be missing a couple of players (eh Eyoma, Maghoma) on top of the injuries we have so a couple more u18's may be involved than previously

Have they relocated darn sarf or born down here to Scottish parent(s)

I'm guessing the latter as they've been in Spurs Academy for several years (and now aged 15) but don't actually know !

Perhaps worth adding we also have Luis Binks and Phoenix Patterson who are both 2 years older who have played for Scottish youth sides - so we now have 4 in total. The last Scottish youth player we had on our books was Jordan Archer (GK) but they've been pretty rare in the last decade or so to to have 4 (and we released Phoenix brother in the summer who was a decent Scottish u16 FB as well) is pretty unusual !

Last edited:
I'm guessing the latter as they've been in Spurs Academy for several years (and now aged 15) but don't actually know !

Perhaps worth adding we also have Luis Binks and Phoenix Patterson who are both 2 years older who have played for Scottish youth sides - so we now have 4 in total. The last Scottish youth player we had on our books was Jordan Archer (GK) but they've been pretty rare in the last decade or so to to have 4 (and we released Phoenix brother in the summer who was a decent Scottish u16 FB as well) is pretty unusual !
i'm old enough to remember Ally Dick, seeing him score a belter at Kenilworth Road in a 4-2 win and thinking we've found a good one here.

i'm old enough to remember Ally Dick, seeing him score a belter at Kenilworth Road in a 4-2 win and thinking we've found a good one here.

True,

But in the circa 30 years since Steve Archibald and Richard Gough other than 2 or 3 such as Colin Calderwood and Neil Sullivan we've had pretty few Scottish players in Spurs first team and only a few in the Academy.

How times have changed - up until maybe the 1970's/early 80's every top club had one or two decent Scottish players

Maxwell Statham also eligible to represent Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom