Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kion Etete rumoured to have joined from Notts County - striker scored 2 in a trial game earlier this season. He'd be eligible (age wise) to go to Terbourg Tournament, not sure if the tournament rules require him to have been registered for Spurs for the sesson

I believe all U 23 and scholars' contracts expire on June 30th except these:

SPURS OFFICIALCONTRACT EXPIRES
Amos, Luke Ayodele2021
Edwards, Marcus2020
Eyoma, Timothy Joel2021
Georgiou, Anthony Michael2020
Oakley-Boothe, Tashan2021
Shashoua, Samuel2020
Sterling, Kazaiah2021
Tracey, Shilow2020
Whiteman, Alfie2020
Parrott, Troy2021
Skipp, Oliver William2021

All these have unofficially signed contracts but nothing official as to the length:

"Twitter" confirmedCONTRACT EXPIRES
Mukendi, Jeremie2020?
Statham, Maxwell2020?
Tainio, Maximus2020?
Thorpe, Elliot Morgan2020?

18 man squad for this weekend'sTerbourg tournament :

De Bie, Kurlowicz, Bennett, Binks, Bowden, Cirkin, Clarke, Dinzeyi, Etete, Lyons-Foster, Marksnday', Okedina , Patterson, Pedder, , Richards, Roles, A Shashoua, White

Couple of big points from the squad
1. Jack Roles included - does this mean progress on a contract and a space in the pre-season squad. Otherwise why is he included ?
2. Kione Etete appears to have signed from Notts County - good to get another young striker on board. He seems to be main striker in the group with Richards more a striker/winger supported by freescoring AM Jack Roles

18 man squad for this weekend'sTerbourg tournament :

De Bie, Kurlowicz, Bennett, Binks, Bowden, Cirkin, Clarke, Dinzeyi, Etete, Lyons-Foster, Marksnday', Okedina , Patterson, Pedder, , Richards, Roles, A Shashoua, White

Couple of big points from the squad
1. Jack Roles included - does this mean progress on a contract and a space in the pre-season squad. Otherwise why is he included ?
2. Kione Etete appears to have signed from Notts County - good to get another young striker on board. He seems to be main striker in the group with Richards more a striker/winger supported by freescoring AM Jack Roles

Spurs beat Ajax Cape Town 1 - 0 ( Patterson) in their first match of the Terbourg Tournament.

Games tomorrow before watching TV set showing a certain game tomorrow evrning

Spurs beat Ajax Cape Town 1 - 0 ( Patterson) in their first match of the Terbourg Tournament.

Games tomorrow before watching TV set showing a certain game tomorrow evrning

Interesting that Jack Roles captained the side ?

In today's first match Spurs drew 0-0 with Brazilian side Palmer's

This afternoon Spurs finish the group stages by playing Vitesse Arnham

Interesting that Jack Roles captained the side ?

In today's first match Spurs drew 0-0 with Brazilian side Palmer's

This afternoon Spurs finish the group stages by playing Vitesse Arnham
Hmm. Welcome to your new contract or thanks for the memories and all the best

Hmm. Welcome to your new contract or thanks for the memories and all the best

So difficult to read.

But I want to be optimistic.

Tricky call for Spurs as the 3 AM players who are potentially on the fringes of the first team for next season are Marcus Edwards , Sam Sashoua and Jack Roles - the first two have had decent loans this season whilst Roles has been exceptional for u23s.

I'd be tempted to put the first two out on loan again to get game time whilst allowing Roles maybe 10 appearances this coming season ( maybe 4 starts) to show what he can do for first team. But a difficult call for all three AMs.........and in a years time J'Lloyd Bennett (different skill set) will also be knocking on the door as an AM.

RB Jayden Bogle. I have seen him a few times this season and he had good moments. OK he screwed up in the play-off final but apart from that I thought he was excellent.
Danny Loader I haven't seen - but his name was mentioned in the transfer thread, not sure if seriously!

I'm going to try and record it. I don't think I've ever seen Steven Sessegnon, so would like to get a look. Anyone else worth watching, I didn't recognise a lot of that squad, is it a kind of reserve U20 squad ?

I would guess the concensus from England youth watchers is that the squad is a bit of a curates egg - some players in there who will be too old to be promoted to u21' for their next tournament and some youngsters coming through and some who just semto have been in the squads without ever really doing anything, so criticisms of he age group manager Simpson.

They lost last game 2-1 to Japan in the tournament so hope the team is tweaked from that.

Player who might be of interest ito watch is Dwight McNeil who has played maybe 20 games at Burnley as an AM/winger. think we were vaguely linked a season ago as well as Danny Loader but how serious our interest was on either who knows. Certainly help our HG position if we cannot get our own youngsters through via our first team or loans

What’s the take on our youth Goal keepers I saw this article recently
Alfie Whiteman
A 20 year old goal keeper could well be the 3rd choice keeper next season if Michael Vorm leaves this summer . Capped at various youth levels at England , he has been in the bench for spurs 3 times in the premier league , Crystal Palace , Brighton and Huddersfield .

Brandon Austin
Another inexperienced goalkeeper whose contract expires in the summer his numbers don’t paint him in the best light
A regular for the Under-23s, he has conceded 59 goals in 31 games and kept just 4 clean sheets
In games in the EFL Trophy, he conceded three against Oxford United in a 3-0 loss and has also seen four go past him in the Premier League 2 versus Swansea and Woolwich.

Jonathan De Bie
A Belgium Under-19 international who has played at numerous youth levels, De Bie regularly captains the Spurs Under-18 side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom