Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paris Maghoma’s Instagram has got people talking tonight. Basically hinting that he’s leaving and loads of his fellow players have replied.

From Netherlands or UK or where ?

Think Edwards would do well for another season or two in Netherlands as it's less physical given his physique
Not sure, but I'd imagine Eredivisie clubs will have taken a good look at him.

Not sure about less physical - he got fouled so often it was getting ridiculous!

Last edited:
Paris Maghoma’s Instagram has got people talking tonight. Basically hinting that he’s leaving and loads of his fellow players have replied.

The caption is: 'goodbye 👋🏾... it’s been a pleasure 😥 see you on the other side 🤞🏾'

Loads of players have replied wishing him luck, Jaden Brown replied 'finally'. The implication is it looks like he's leaving, which is odd as Lilywhite Rose had believed that he signed a two-year pro last year.

Obviously we'd still have TOB, Shashoua, Bowden and White in the Under-23s if he were to leave, assuming TOB sticks around.

I tweeted this about Edwards yesterday:

And then this got me thinking:

We so obviously should be developing Edwards. You only have to look at that video to see there's masses of potential there (even ignoring everything we already know). If we were linked with an unknown 20-year old and they were the only highlights and numbers we had on them we'd be so excited! But not only that - he's already at the club! And he's homegrown! So we don't need to spend a penny and he has the potential to fix a CL and PL squad issue with a bit of investment in him.

If we let Edwards go without a battle we're making a big error IMO.

Lilywhite Rose:

Despite not being named in the U21 squad for the Euros Finals, it does look like Josh Onomah is working with the U21s at SG P.

So Josh won't be on the bench.

I tweeted this about Edwards yesterday:

And then this got me thinking:

We so obviously should be developing Edwards. You only have to look at that video to see there's masses of potential there (even ignoring everything we already know). If we were linked with an unknown 20-year old and they were the only highlights and numbers we had on them we'd be so excited! But not only that - he's already at the club! And he's homegrown! So we don't need to spend a penny and he has the potential to fix a CL and PL squad issue with a bit of investment in him.

If we let Edwards go without a battle we're making a big error IMO.

Certainly seems to have developed a lot on loan in Netherlands, which is why I'd agree it makes no sense to sell him now (unless he really doesn't want to stay) as his contract either runs out this June or next June (ie needs a new contract). But would he get PL minutes now ? I think he'd be better off with a 2nd NL season before coming back - but that may not be a solution Marcus would go for.

Travelling squad 3 youngsters Goalkeeper Alfie Whiteman , marsh , Skipp
Here is the Spurs squad in full…
1. Hugo Lloris
2. Kieran Trippier
3. Danny Rose
4. Toby Alderweireld
5. Jan Vertonghen
6. Davinson Sanchez
7. Heung-Min Son
8. Harry Winks
10. Harry Kane
11. Erik Lamela