Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So of your helpful list, Brown has already gone, and I imagine Glover, Freeman, Tanganga, Dinzeyi, Georgiou, Duncan, Marsh, Roles, Harrison, Tracey, Statham, Tainio and maybe one or two others from the second years will all leave. Maybe Carter-Vickers and Onomah too.
Here's a list of all Under 23s and returning loanees who will not be classed as U 21 next season and therefore obviously would have to be given a HG slot if they are retained.

NameDOBContract expires
Ogilvie, Connor Stuart14/02/19962019
Amos, Luke Ayodele23/02/19972021
Georgiou, Anthony Michael24/02/19972020
Walker-Peters, Kyle13/04/19972023
Onomah, Joshua27/04/19972021
Harrison, Shayon13/07/19972019
Glover, Thomas William24/12/19972019
Carter-Vickers, Cameron31/12/19972021
So, like Spurs Idol, I'm expecting all bar Amos and KWP to leave. But even those two may leave depending the positions their agents take. KWP should only stay if he's given reassurances that he'll be one of two rotation RBs, and Amos should only stay if he's given a Championship loan and a new contract.

Amos is League One standard. Onomah and CCV are better but not good enough for Premier League, so probably is KWP.

Poch gave Amos a 3 year contract at the start of the season sodoubt agreed with your assessment of him or he wouldn't have given him the contract.

Just s question of whether Poch wants to give him development time next sesson

Poch gave Amos a 3 year contract at the start of the season sodoubt agreed with your assessment of him or he wouldn't have given him the contract.

Just s question of whether Poch wants to give him development time next sesson
He's 22, doubt someone is trying to develop him rather than give him some game time to sell him for a Championship team, no way Poch will favour him when Skipp is younger and a lot more talented.

IMO without his injury Amos would have played the games that Skipp did this season. He is bigger and stronger.

Agreed and might have got more games if Amos had looked good - just because he is older bigger and stronger. The precedent for going from a league 1 loan to Spurs first team is of course Ryan Mason.

Hope though that Skipp gets game time in the coming season, and Skipp spends some time in the gym this summer to add muscle and bulk up a bit

He's 22, doubt someone is trying to develop him rather than give him some game time to sell him for a Championship team, no way Poch will favour him when Skipp is younger and a lot more talented.

Mason was 23 weren't he?

I don't particularly rate Amos but if he's happy to be in the squad and perhaps occasionally make our bench when others need a rest. I don't mind keeping him on.

Cheap, HG and not getting in anyones way.

Championship loan would be smarter option for him though in terms of game-time.

Mason was 23 weren't he?

I don't particularly rate Amos but if he's happy to be in the squad and perhaps occasionally make our bench when others need a rest. I don't mind keeping him on.
Yes to Mason

I would agree on Amos - but in academy/ u23 there was no recognised LB so Amos played there a lot for about 2 seasons whhich might mean we didn't see the best if him.

Rave reports of him on loan at Stevenage as a result of which he went on preseason 2018 whrre he Skipp and Eyoma did well - and that is why I think Poch will give him s chance to see if he can hack it as a squad player.

All depends of course on TW with Amos - if there is no space for him at Spurs chances are he needs to leave with s loan as second best given his age

Yes to Mason

I would agree on Amos - but in academy/ u23 there was no recognised LB so Amos played there a lot for about 2 seasons whhich might mean we didn't see the best if him.

Rave reports of him on loan at Stevenage as a result of which he went on preseason 2018 whrre he Skipp and Eyoma did well - and that is why I think Poch will give him s chance to see if he can hack it as a squad player.

All depends of course on TW with Amos - if there is no space for him at Spurs chances are he needs to leave with s loan as second best given his age

It's likely if we don't loan Amos out that he'll just take Marsh's place in the actual squad - it'd be smart to then send Marsh out on loan or... sell him.

Amos got great reviews at Stevenage but they were League Two... That's a huge fucking leap.

I know right now Amos seems more trusted with the pre-season appearances in the summer and making his Prem debut in August but I don't think as a footballer he's better than Onomah for example, who's younger and played a lot more mens football at higher levels.

Hopefully in the summer we do see the likes of Onomah, Edwards, Amos etc. in pre-season with a clean slate.

CCV simply isn't going to make it. Foyth and Sanchez are different class to him.

Re Amos I think he is a decent footballer but not top class. I think what impressed Poch was his ' never say die attitude' on loan and at preseason. - and that can take a footballer a long way, just look at Sissoko who is a notch or two below Amos in technical sbility

Re Amos I think he is a decent footballer but not top class. I think what impressed Poch was his ' never say die attitude' on loan and at preseason. - and that can take a footballer a long way, just look at Sissoko who is a notch or two below Amos in technical sbility

Sissoko has a lot more going for him though.

Being quicker and more powerful two key ones. Sometimes those two things go along way in the Premier League.

Amos to me is tenacious and whilst may be better on the ball than say Sissoko, I feel like he doesn't really have much else going for him. If he's closed down for example, I don't think he has the skill to get away from them with a first touch or in Sissokos case, to be able to just bounce off them, kick it and run away due to his power.

Plus, he's going to be coming back from a HORRIBLE injury which'll mean he'd have gone another 12 months without competitive mens football in his career.

It's obvious Poch likes the busy midfielder who has that 'never say die attitude' as you say. Who would put everything on the line as proven by the likes of Winks, Amos, Skipp, Marsh being promoted to the first team and Onomah and Edwards who are more technically blessed have been loaned out/

Being quicker and more powerful two key ones. Sometimes those two things go along way in the Premier League.

Amos to me is tenacious and whilst may be better on the ball than say Sissoko, I feel like he doesn't really have much else going for him. If he's closed down for example, I don't think he has the skill to get away from them with a first touch or in Sissokos case, to be able to just bounce off them, kick it and run away due to his power.

Plus, he's going to be coming back from a HORRIBLE injury which'll mean he'd have gone another 12 months without competitive mens football in his career.

It's obvious Poch likes the busy midfielder who has that 'never say die attitude' as you say. Who would put everything on the line as proven by the likes of Winks, Amos, Skipp, Marsh being promoted to the first team and Onomah and Edwards who are more technically blessed have been loaned out/

Understand the points you make on Sissoko but don't think Amos would have got a 3 year contract if he was merely tenacious - I actually think he is decent on the ball and has a decent first touch. As an u16 he started as an AM before dropping deeper - and being sidelined as a LB.

Think the major deciding point in TW is his many are recruited into the cm area as if it's 2 and we keep Dier, Winks and Sissoko ( so a total of 5 experienced players) I am not sure Amos will stay - better to give a few minutes to Skipp and maybe Bowden who has been 19,th man a few times recently.

Being quicker and more powerful are meaningless, this isn't rugby. What do those qualities translate to in the context of us as a team if they are attached to a player with poor technique and very little footballing intelligence. Even DMs should have good technical level of competence at our level.

Understand the points you make on Sissoko but don't think Amos would have got a 3 year contract if he was merely tenacious - I actually think he is decent on the ball and has a decent first touch. As an u16 he started as an AM before dropping deeper - and being sidelined as a LB.

Think the major deciding point in TW is his many are recruited into the cm area as if it's 2 and we keep Dier, Winks and Sissoko ( so a total of 5 experienced players) I am not sure Amos will stay - better to give a few minutes to Skipp and maybe Bowden who has been 19,th man a few times recently.

Didn't Amos start showing a bit more attacking verve again at Stevenage - I seem to remember watching highlights and reading write ups saying he was bombing own a bit more and getting involved in attacking play more - whereas with us the last 2/3 years he'd been more of a busy **** and then played at LB (for some strange reason)?

Being quicker and more powerful are meaningless, this isn't rugby. What do those qualities translate to in the context of us as a team if they are attached to a player with poor technique and very little footballing intelligence. Even DMs should have good technical level of competence at our level.

Because if you haven't got proper technical ability, you need to at least be strong and powerful to be able to somewhat keep the ball at this level.

Amos has the technical ability of Dale Stephens. Is as weak as shit and at 22 has barely played above League One.

He'd be eaten alive in the Premier League.

Because if you haven't got proper technical ability, you need to at least be strong and powerful to be able to somewhat keep the ball at this level.

Amos has the technical ability of Dale Stephens. Is as weak as shit and at 22 has barely played above League One.

He'd be eaten alive in the Premier League.

If you haven't got proper technique you shouldn't be near this level. Sissoko dreams of having Dale Stephens first touch.

If you haven't got proper technique you shouldn't be near this level. Sissoko dreams of having Dale Stephens first touch.

and I'm sure Dale Stephens would love to be consistently starting for a team in the semi finals of the Champions League and sitting 3 points clear in 3rd place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom