Spurs vs Watford: Sat 8th April 12.30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trippier is unlucky to be stuck behind Walker. He'd be a starter for most of the Top 10 teams. Easily the best crosser of the ball at the club. Also thought Son was brilliant tonight, could've & should've scored 4/5.

Also, did anyone see Hoddle, 'Arry & McManaman waxing lyrical about Dele after the game? They used pretty much every superlative you can think of to describe him.

Yeah I did. Then at the end Mcmanaman complaining that they were talking about Spurs too much........no one ever talks about Liverpool Steve :pritchardeyes:

Trippier is unlucky to be stuck behind Walker. He'd be a starter for most of the Top 10 teams. Easily the best crosser of the ball at the club. Also thought Son was brilliant tonight, could've & should've scored 4/5.

Also, did anyone see Hoddle, 'Arry & McManaman waxing lyrical about Dele after the game? They used pretty much every superlative you can think of to describe him.

Trippier is by far a better crosser of the ball, partly because he delivers the ball earlier and sometimes as the ball is laid into his run.

That said Walker delivers more crosses and cut backs from within the area, and in my opinion is a better, quicker defender. Not a lot to choose between the two but i'd take Walker every time over Trippier.

You should've taken him out, Mrs P!

f97ec9fce52650ac67a1e3a995ccf377.gif
Don't put ideas in my head! Anyway, I wouldn't be seen dead in an outfit like that - too much red!!!! ;)

Evening all, just got back from a weekend in London. Stayed at my mate's in South London and watched the game with him (Man Utd fan) & his brother in law who's an Everton fan.

Both of them couldn't stop giving compliments to our team or Poch. It's great to see fans of other teams really appreciate the way our guys play, although my mate did call us a selling club - I did correct him and reminded him that we've not sold anyone we've wanted to keep since Bale and that was for a World Record fee. I also told him that Pogba is Pogshit and then he went quiet.

His brother in law and I always have decent discussions about our clubs and he admires the fact that we play quality football but are also a bit cunty. We are definitely not the 'soft' team that we've seen over the years and I fucking love it!

We've shown, not just yesterday but throughout the season that we've got a top squad - injuries to key players and we're still up there. We get that 1 player with the 'x factor' and I truly believe the league is ours. Someone like a Bale or a Sanchez (how funny would that be) to take us to that next level. We really aren't far off at all, just been unlucky with injuries and as someone else pointed out earlier we've been unlucky with the fact that last year Leicester didn't have Europe and this year the Chavs don't.

Trippier MOTM for me, his crossing is ridiculous and his pass for Son when he hit the bar was unreal. He made a similar pass against Millwall when Sonny scored so it show's that his assists and the chances that he creates aren't fluke.

Would say that I can't wait for our next game but I'm going to be at my mate's wedding so will be missing it.

Evening all, just got back from a weekend in London. Stayed at my mate's in South London and watched the game with him (Man Utd fan) & his brother in law who's an Everton fan.

Both of them couldn't stop giving compliments to our team or Poch. It's great to see fans of other teams really appreciate the way our guys play,

Guardian write-ups of Watford and some of the other recent matches, we've even had Gooners and Chav fans being complimentary about us, saying they enjoy watching our football. It's not been grudging admiration either.

...we've even had Gooners and Chav fans being complimentary about us, saying they enjoy watching our football. It's not been grudging admiration either.

THE WORLD IS CHANGING MY FRIEND!

...and there we all were worrying about our future in the wake of Brexit & Trump...

FUCK THAT... WE are the future.
The future is bright, the future IS LILYWHITE!
(although admittedly, that sounds like a phrase lifted directly out of FARAGE or TRUMP'S last manifesto!)
:kanehand::pochfacepalm:

DAMMIT! What lousy timing for us to start becoming great again...
How very SPURSY!

Both of them couldn't stop giving compliments to our team or Poch. It's great to see fans of other teams really appreciate the way our guys play, although my mate did call us a selling club - I did correct him and reminded him that we've not sold anyone we've wanted to keep since Bale and that was for a World Record fee. I also told him that Pogba is Pogshit and then he went quiet.

His brother in law and I always have decent discussions about our clubs and he admires the fact that we play quality football but are also a bit cunty. We are definitely not the 'soft' team that we've seen over the years and I fucking love it!

We've shown, not just yesterday but throughout the season that we've got a top squad - injuries to key players and we're still up there. We get that 1 player with the 'x factor' and I truly believe the league is ours. Someone like a Bale or a Sanchez (how funny would that be) to take us to that next level. We really aren't far off at all, just been unlucky with injuries and as someone else pointed out earlier we've been unlucky with the fact that last year Leicester didn't have Europe and this year the Chavs don't.

Trippier MOTM for me, his crossing is ridiculous and his pass for Son when he hit the bar was unreal. He made a similar pass against Millwall when Sonny scored so it show's that his assists and the chances that he creates aren't fluke.

Would say that I can't wait for our next game but I'm going to be at my mate's wedding so will be missing it.

I think alot of supporters hold this belief. That we are one game changing player short of something great. Hence the Isco hype etc... Unfortunately the realist in me can't see it happening yet.

Levy has a poor track record when it comes to spending the money required to attract players that guarantee success (or as near to guarantee as possible) . See AVB wanting Moutinho, Hulk and Villa.

Also with a year a away from home and the expenditure of the new stadium, i just dont see any major investment on the transfer market on the cards.

The timing is a little off unfortunately. If we hit this level of consistent form with this squad and this manager 3 years into the new stadium and we are winning things no doubt.

My hope is that we can do enough to convince the playing and coaching staff that its worth sticking about and reaping the rewards once we are able to compete commercially with the "big" teams in the league.

We beat most of them at their own game without the money to back it up, think what we could do once we have a few quid to chuck about.

I think alot of supporters hold this belief. That we are one game changing player short of something great. Hence the Isco hype etc... Unfortunately the realist in me can't see it happening yet.

Levy has a poor track record when it comes to spending the money required to attract players that guarantee success (or as near to guarantee as possible) . See AVB wanting Moutinho, Hulk and Villa.

Also with a year a away from home and the expenditure of the new stadium, i just dont see any major investment on the transfer market on the cards.

The timing is a little off unfortunately. If we hit this level of consistent form with this squad and this manager 3 years into the new stadium and we are winning things no doubt.

My hope is that we can do enough to convince the playing and coaching staff that its worth sticking about and reaping the rewards once we are able to compete commercially with the "big" teams in the league.

We beat most of them at their own game without the money to back it up, think what we could do once we have a few quid to chuck about.
Both Levy and Poch have said not to expect big spending.

Just as well we have a manager who has shown that he is willing and able to get the best out of his squad and the young players at his disposal.

Poch really is Levy's wet dream.
Explains why he went with him over De Boer, much to our surprise at the time. I must admit I figured he was going to be another AVB. Feeding Levy what he wanted to hear. I'm glad I were wrong!

Explains why he went with him over De Boer, much to our surprise at the time. I must admit I figured he was going to be another AVB. Feeding Levy what he wanted to hear. I'm glad I were wrong!

Yeah, im not sure if it was luck or judgement, seeing as Levy's track record with managers down the years hasn't been great.

Perhaps it was all part of one big master plan. Perhaps the ducks all just fell in line, either way i'm fucking loving it right now!

Back
Top Bottom