Spurs Vs. Stoke (Home) - Kick off Sunday 1:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bet next season you won't get a price on beating them 4-0. :p

Oh, by the way Stoke fans, I really wouldn't sing about fucking up the Champion's League.

If you want to get into Europe, I should write a fuckin' song.

You've embarrassed yourselves today, both on and off, the pitch.

Time to go home to your nothing town.:coys:
And what a nothing town it is.

How many votes does it take to get binned? So many times I come on here to find someone binned for no apparent reason.

Case explained a while back that sometimes people get voted for something they posted during the early hours in the UK (or peak times in the USA), but the OP then deletes the post - yet the votes still count. I often wonder if it's that.

You know something's not right when their theme song is Delilah. I've no problem with bonkers chants but a song about a bloke who stabs his girlfriend to death sung by thousands of dodgy northeners? Oh well, I suppose a few of their fans must have felt like they "just couldn't take anymore" by halftime today

:kaneshh:
I heard that they sing this after a copper once asked their fans to sing something nice with no swearing in it!

well.. I for one, will be having a candlelight vigil for Joe.
candlelight-vigil.jpg

#candle4joe

I slagged off the performance, I didn't think it was the performance we have come to expect from this Tottenham side, especially a strong team that headed into the game knowing we NEEDED a win to get through in front of 60k fans and we didn't. The same line up that started today and defeated a Stoke team with minimal effort.

My thoughts on Alli on Thursday were the same as many others on this forum and across the country - it was a stupid challenge which didn't need to be made and I thought he let us down. I made my feelings clear and got blasted for them. I didn't think he'd start today but he did and I supported him, if Pochettino feels he is happy enough to start him then I will back the manager, I always have backed Pochettino and I always will.
Was more like 80k fans.........:pochbye:

One thing I meant to mention yesterday but forgot - How on earth can you only play 1 minute of stoppage time at the end of the game.. There was 4 or 5 subs plus a couple of injuries.. I know the game was over but what if we missed top 4 by 1 goal??
Ridiculous decision.

4-nil wiping and a Kane hat trick with an assist......and just 33 pages.....that is some classic TFC.๏ฟผ๏ฟผ:dembelefingers:

I love beating Stoke almost as much as I love smashing them into next week. Added benny's to see Charlie Adam get booed and play like shit. Those corners were utter crap.

Though I love Crouch. Started following Spurs in 2009 so he has that sort of special place in my memory. Always nice to see him and to see The Lane give him a proper chant when he got subbed.

COYS

One thing I meant to mention yesterday but forgot - How on earth can you only play 1 minute of stoppage time at the end of the game.. There was 4 or 5 subs plus a couple of injuries.. I know the game was over but what if we missed top 4 by 1 goal??
Ridiculous decision.
Agreed! I was expecting the commentators to expand on it more than they did. They just sort of brushed it aside saying the officials "don't see the point of extending stoke's pain". Unlikely we may have scored again however still odd to only have 1' extra time!

Ridiculous decision.
Both teams were treating it like a friendly by that time, no point of playing 2 more minutes when the players are playing like this is an american tour since HT.

You see this usually in matches where the scoreline is very one sided

Both teams were treating it like a friendly by that time, no point of playing 2 more minutes when the players are playing like this is an american tour since HT.

No point in risking anyone getting injured too. We'd all be pissed off if one of ours turned their ankle in the 93rd minute of a game that was won by half time, & had been played like an exhibition game for the next 45 minutes. Get them all off the pitch & home safely to rest up for the next game.

4-nil wiping and a Kane hat trick with an assist......and just 33 pages.....that is some classic TFC.๏ฟผ๏ฟผ:dembelefingers:

I love beating Stoke almost as much as I love smashing them into next week. Added benny's to see Charlie Adam get booed and play like shit. Those corners were utter crap.

Though I love Crouch. Started following Spurs in 2009 so he has that sort of special place in my memory. Always nice to see him and to see The Lane give him a proper chant when he got subbed.

COYS

I don't think there is a correlation between a good game having a very long thread. Long threads come out of conflict and debate.
There's only so many times you can say "that was excellent", and if everyone agrees, well the thread ends.

I understand that but like I said, what if we missed out on top 4 by 1 goal..With so much money in the game these days you can't allow officials to feel sorry for the other team just because they are getting battered..
In a cup game maybe as it's straight knock out but in the league it's not acceptable as goal difference plays a big part in the league placings..

Not only that but if I had a few quid on a 5-0 I'd be fuming, and also bookies may have an issue paying out on a 4-0 as if they played the full amount of time it might have ended 5-0 and they wouldn't have to stump up on a 4-0 score line..

I understand that but like I said, what if we missed out on top 4 by 1 goal..With so much money in the game these days you can't allow officials to feel sorry for the other team just because they are getting battered..
In a cup game maybe as it's straight knock out but in the league it's not acceptable as goal difference plays a big part in the league placings..

Not only that but if I had a few quid on a 5-0 I'd be fuming, and also bookies may have an issue paying out on a 4-0 as if they played the full amount of time it might have ended 5-0 and they wouldn't have to stump up on a 4-0 score line..
We won 4-0 let it go
Dsr5UP1.gif
:llorishowudoin:

I made the same point after the Watford game. 1 minute, and loads of subs in the 2nd half. It's wrong.

Back
Top Bottom