Spurs .Vs Southampton . KO 19/03/17 , 2:15pm .

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And the spurs march on with a lovely 6-0 win against Millwall.

Predicted line up:
-------------------Son-------------------------
---------------Eriksen-Ali---------------------
--Davies--Dembele-Wanyama----Walker
-----Vertonghen--Alderweireld-Dier-------
------------------Lloris---------------------------

Thoughts:
- I assume kane is out , Dembele may return this weekend.
- The saints are scoring goals but their defence looks leaky
- Good opportunity for Son and Jassen to nail down places in the starting 11 .
- without kane I wonder if we have unlocked a new synergy between the attacking players.

Subs: Jassen, Sissoko, Wimmer,trippier,winks,..ect
Injury list :Kane ,Dembele ,Lamela , Rose-

Spurs form:
  • D- Sunderland 0–0 Tottenham Hotspur
  • W -Tottenham Hotspur 1–0 Middlesbrough
  • L- Liverpool 2–0 Tottenham Hotspur
  • W -Tottenham Hotspur 4–0 Stoke City
  • W -Tottenham Hotspur 3–2 Everton
saints form
  • W Southampton 3–0 Leicester City
  • L Swansea City 2–1 Southampton
  • L Southampton 1–3 West Ham United
  • W Sunderland 0–4 Southampton
  • W Watford 3–4 Southampton
C6upM5uWsAM2tkN.jpg

Last edited:
Lloris
Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Walker - Wanyama - Winks - Davies
Alli - Son - Eriksen
3-0
Alli x2
Son

Lloris
Dier Toby Verts
Walker Victor Dembele Davies
Eriksen Janssen Dele

I was wavering between Son and Janssen but I picked Vinnie because I don't want a Soldado played on him where he finally scores from open play but then doesn't get a chance the next game and his confidence just disappears again.

I'd like to see Janssen given a start... However if he doesn't score and is then subbed off it'll dent his confidence even more.

- Lloris -

- Dier Alderweireld Vertonghen -

- Walker Dembele Wanyama Davies -

- Alli Eriksen -
- Son -​

If Kane is out then just a straight swap with Son. Harsh to drop Trippier as he always performs but Walker has been brilliant in the league.

Southampton look dangerous up top with Gabiaddini so we need to stop him. Also Redmond is a handful so we need to contain him. We'll win the midfield battle and will have the majority of possession, it's about turning into chances then goals.

Our front 3 will cause havoc as it always does, and if Van Djik is still out then Son needs to use his pace to get in behind.

Southampton are a decent side though, who can cause trouble. I think this is going to be a close game.
Thier last 5 away games says they are just as likely to,score as concede.
Won 2 Lost 3 F 9 A 9
The sending off at theirs helped us. We didn't get last 2 goals until late, nearly half hour after it, when they were fucked and going for the equaliser.
Kane was hardly in the game first half but he put us in the lead. Missed a pen too.
We have great home form. If we play to our best we should win.
Out of interest Kane has scored 14 of the 31 goals scored at home in the 12 games he's played in, failing to score in 5 of those 12.
In those 5 games he didn't net, we scored 9 goals.

I'd like to see Janssen given a start... However if he doesn't score and is then subbed off it'll dent his confidence even more.

- Lloris -

- Dier Alderweireld Vertonghen -

- Walker Dembele Wanyama Davies -

- Alli Eriksen -
- Son -​

If Kane is out then just a straight swap with Son. Harsh to drop Trippier as he always performs but Walker has been brilliant in the league.

Southampton look dangerous up top with Gabiaddini so we need to stop him. Also Redmond is a handful so we need to contain him. We'll win the midfield battle and will have the majority of possession, it's about turning into chances then goals.

Our front 3 will cause havoc as it always does, and if Van Djik is still out then Son needs to use his pace to get in behind.
Gabbiadin is quick on short run movement. We have to stop the supply for him to bounce off of with his passing and moving. Stop him playing short give and goes.
He lacks pace, so the high line may work in our favour if we isolate the service.
I have a feeling he may target our left and cut in from the right onto his left foot.
He likes to do that to.
Isn't afraid to have a shot.

Last edited:
We're in good form and losing Kane early today was better than losing him late on as there is no question that the rest of the team can score the goals in his place. I don't see Southampton causing us too many problems. We have a great run of games coming up actually, hard to see us dropping many points this month.

We were just talking about that 'clip' at work the other day... some French bloke who rearranged himself off the Eiffel Tower, wearing nothing more than a Duvet held together with a wire coathanger!!
Imagine if they'd had mobile phones in those days... Fella woulda gone Viral by now (although he wouldn't have known much about it!)

Maybe this is the match Edwards is on the bench. I did not support him playing a few weeks ago after his injury but the club's website said he played well for the Development team which is the time to pick him when he is confident. Whether he gets on depends on how the game is going but if we are struggling to break through then his inspiration maybe what we need.

We were just talking about that 'clip' at work the other day... some French bloke who rearranged himself off the Eiffel Tower, wearing nothing more than a Duvet held together with a wire coathanger!!
Imagine if they'd had mobile phones in those days... Fella woulda gone Viral by now (although he wouldn't have known much about it!)
He was the original bungee jumper, being the first, someone neglected to mention the elastic rope?

Batman to Flatman?

Back
Top Bottom