Spurs .Vs Southampton . KO 19/03/17 , 2:15pm .

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe this is the match Edwards is on the bench. I did not support him playing a few weeks ago after his injury but the club's website said he played well for the Development team which is the time to pick him when he is confident. Whether he gets on depends on how the game is going but if we are struggling to break through then his inspiration maybe what we need.

Nice enthusiasm.... But expecting him to be a game changer is a bit of an unfair burden to saddle him with at this stage... He's barely had a sniff of 1st team footy.

Nice enthusiasm.... But expecting him to be a game changer is a bit of an unfair burden to saddle him with at this stage... He's barely had a sniff of 1st team footy.
Game changer would be the bonus but Totti and others have been pushing for him to play. I felt it was wrong when he was recovering from an injury but better now he is playing and better to introduce him gradually like Winks as a late sub at home.

More likely that Son gets the start. When Son has a poor game, he usually looks poor in the first 45. I could see Janssen coming on for him if we are struggling to score in the 60th. Son/Alli/Eriksen played well together up top, so I think Poch will got with that to start.

I think this will confuse them
--- Lioris ---
Carthorse Vick$ , Wimmer von trap, Dier
Tripadvisor ---------------------------Taffy Davis
_______Winks-, --------Sissoko -------------'
French fast bloke-''----- that bloke with an African name and nice funny hair.
_________Janssen -----------------

I've done it in code in case they are watching

Game changer would be the bonus but Totti and others have been pushing for him to play. I felt it was wrong when he was recovering from an injury but better now he is playing and better to introduce him gradually like Winks as a late sub at home.

As I say, I understand the enthusiasm and am not saying we shouldn't play him.... Just the idea of him being an inspiration is a bit premature.

I do get a feeling that Poch will turn to 4-2-3-1. My sentiment is being confirm by him saying we may played different system.
Lloris
Walker Toby Vert Davies
Wanyama Dembele
Eriksen Dele Son
Janssen
this will be massive bet on Poch. But considering our form loss after 2 0 against City. I think he might just do it.
We are massive favourite to win this, but suddenly losing touch and lost or draw in this fixture wont be too big of a surprise. Im still begrudging our defeat against them end of last season even after we beat them 4 earlier at st. Marys.

Its all aboht confidence i think. If Kane missing be any scared from the players, we wont perform.

Gabbiadini being in full confidence, small stature quick feet, with Redmond against Vert. There is many potential there.

As much as I'd like to see Janssen start and score a goal or 2 I'm sure it will be Son up top, and that's probably the right decision. No dicking about with formation changes just keep to the 3-4-3

I do get a feeling that Poch will turn to 4-2-3-1. My sentiment is being confirm by him saying we may played different system.
Lloris
Walker Toby Vert Davies
Wanyama Dembele
Eriksen Dele Son
Janssen
this will be massive bet on Poch. But considering our form loss after 2 0 against City. I think he might just do it.
We are massive favourite to win this, but suddenly losing touch and lost or draw in this fixture wont be too big of a surprise. Im still begrudging our defeat against them end of last season even after we beat them 4 earlier at st. Marys.

Its all aboht confidence i think. If Kane missing be any scared from the players, we wont perform.

Gabbiadini being in full confidence, small stature quick feet, with Redmond against Vert. There is many potential there.
I think there is zero chance Poch will change formations for this one.

Agree... there is aleady gonna HAVE to be a change in personnel with Kane out... so whoever comes in (I can only assume it will be Son at this stage) would be better off slotting straight into a system and formation that the other 10 are happy and comfortable with.

No point messing around with a working system for the sake of it...
That's called 'tinkering'!

Game changer woulhe bonus but Totti and others have been pushing for him to play. I felt it was wrong when he was recovering from an injury but better now he is playing and better to introduce him gradually like Winks as a late sub at home.
There is such a golf between Youth and first team. Whoever believes a player can make the move easy is kidding themselves. Senior players struggle to make it. Edwards would be lost. He will get his moment when the time right and its not now. La La Land?

Now we are in a FAC Semi we must keep our PL form on track, losing Kane isn't the big deal as others belive it may be. We should be able to cope without him for a few games . Against Millwall
we looked balanced and goals were a plenty. Without Kane, we must not lose focus .There is no excuse to slump now.

There is such a golf between Youth and first team. Whoever believes a player can make the move easy is kidding themselves. Senior players struggle to make it. Edwards would be lost. He will get his moment when the time right and its not now. La La Land?
your right, without reserve team football these boys have little chance of learning to play men, its ok if you play in Harry Winks position as he "only" has to keep the ball moving, he's not expected to make killer passes or score.
that is why I don't understand not getting Edwards & Onomah out on loan to championship side so they are playing men every week, you learn more playing than training with first team in familiar surroundings

your right, without reserve team football these boys have little chance of learning to play men, its ok if you play in Harry Winks position as he "only" has to keep the ball moving, he's not expected to make killer passes or score.
that is why I don't understand not getting Edwards & Onomah out on loan to championship side so they are playing men every week, you learn more playing than training with first team in familiar surroundings
Senior football is fast, physical and you need to be mentally strong and you need to make the correct decision in every situation. Youth football is a little tame compared to the brutal senior level. Watching us last night against Chavs FAYC the golf between them players are huge because of talent, psychical size pace and talent. Once they get to senior level it evens itself out. Then we can see who are good enough and hard enough to cope?

your right without reserve team football these boys have little chance of learning to play men, its ok if you play in Harry Winks position as he "only" has to keep the ball moving, he's not expected to make killer passes or score.
Just to add, reserve team football in the past was not the answer either. Loan football is best, playing for real. Spurs always did well in reserves but this didnt transpire into the first team football results..

equally you'll pick up bad habits very quickly.
what championship side is like us?

Back
Top Bottom