Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had to work 1-10 match day, when I got home Fox Soccer had switched the channels and I ended up with Man City game on my DVR.

FML

Luckily it looked like there was a replay at 1pm the next day.

Maintained radio silence, set the DVR, came back from some work in the morning and they switched it again, with Man City game on AGAIN.

FML x 2

Went to pirate stream, Russian hacker is likely downloading all my financial information and owns my identity, but at least I got to see us play and lose.

FML x 3

Upshot: Dembele is such a joy to watch, the way he glides, how he gets between player and ball, and shrugs off the opposition like a running back.

Gotta shake this one off.

I don't get this "never played CL football before," or "never managed CL football." Is it played with 13 men? Or with a square ball? Or on a triangular pitch? It's football. You prepare for the opponent and that's that.

The occasion can get to some players.

Didn't Roy Keane say the same about some of Utd's players? Literally shaking with fear and wishing they were somewhere else.

Wouldn't surprise me. It's a big occasion, especially for some of our young lads who have never been in front of 80,000+ on a history making night in the Champions League. They would have all wanted to make it special and not want to make any mistakes, knowing how costly it could potentially be. Unfortunately they fucked it up. But this is football.

Wouldn't surprise me. It's a big occasion, especially for some of our young lads who have never been in front of 80,000+ on a history making night in the Champions League. They would have all wanted to make it special and not want to make any mistakes, knowing how costly it could potentially be. Unfortunately they fucked it up. But this is football.
This says it all for me:
Poch: "We had 90,000 people in front of us, waiting for us to play in the Champions League. The atmosphere was amazing. We nearly cried before, when you hear the song from the Champions League, it’s a dream come true. That was difficult".

Were they, I'll take your word for it.

I was commenting on the fact that he wasn't as good as the person(I was replying to) thought he was.

Stoke was history, in the Monaco game he was a passive observer to both of their goals.
So we should say he had a bad game, not call him a crap player. That's what I was taking issue to.

The i newspaper sticking the knife in as much as they can. Clearly trying to shame our loss against Monaco by contrasting it with Woolwich's draw at PSG.

image.jpg

Yep, let's use that stat rather than the one showing Monaco at the top of Ligue 1 right now.

:pocheyes:

Little point in adding my own 'expert analysis', but I do feel that, despite the disappointing result, we have plenty to be optimistic about. On several occasions, a yard to the left or right could have seen us come out of this 5-2 and it wouldn't have been flattering.

It was an incredible occasion and to be sat there surrounded by 85,000 passionate Lilywhites was a truly humbling experience.

See you all on November 2nd! :coys:

The i newspaper sticking the knife in as much as they can. Clearly trying to shame our loss against Monaco by contrasting it with Woolwich's draw at PSG.

image.jpg

Yep, let's use that stat rather than the one showing Monaco at the top of Ligue 1 right now.

:pocheyes:
Possibly an article from that arch gooner John Cross, either that or an attendee at one of a certain managers partys that has been blackmailed due to certain drunken indiscretions.......allegedly of course !

I'm sorry, but we should be beating Monaco a good 9/10 times. They didn't exactly play well against us, they were lucky and defended well and we were shit. That's all there is to it.
I don't think he is a crap player, and in all fairness I didn't say he was. I just pointed out that he wasn't one of our best performers In that game because of his culpability in both goals.
Fair enough.

Just want to play CSKA now. We will win and get our tournament started. Our last venture we struggled against Plastic boys and then came good. We will go further than LC and the Scum.

COYS..

Back
Top Bottom