Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's this week's Spurs forum-member insight from the i.

image.jpg

Not sure that we should have been 'more cautious', unless that translates to play Dembele from the start.

No comment on us missing Rose either.
:roseunsure:

Love the fact that we sold out Wembley and set a record but for those thinking the atmosphere wasn't that good I think it's bloody obvious that if you triple your normal attendance then the majority are going to be people who simply don't usually go to games/ haven't been for years. You could tell from the numbers of 90s/00s Replica shirts on fully grown men around Kings Cross - this IS what everyone wears to football matches these days? - Right?!?!

Liked where I was 135. Stood whole game, not too much singing but a lot of passion... perhaps a bit too much of a Ron Sunday League Manager vibe for my liking..... SECONDS! MAN ON!! LINE BALL!!! STAND HIM UP!!!!

Still confident that we'll qualify but need a result in Russia for me.
Although not there think you were right. Cannot see how tourists got tickets as high amount of tickets sold before it went on general sale. Many season ticket holders bought several tickets for mates, kids or partners who do not usually go. Away support always sounds better than home support as only the hard core supporters go. Either have 30000 regular supporters or 85000 supporters which includes many that go on an irregular basis

Although not there think you were right. Cannot see how tourists got tickets as high amount of tickets sold before it went on general sale. Many season ticket holders bought several tickets for mates, kids or partners who do not usually go. Away support always sounds better than home support as only the hard core supporters go. Either have 30000 regular supporters or 85000 supporters which includes many that go on an irregular basis

Yep, there weren't many 'tourists' there IMO - just lapsed, casual or TV Spurs fans. Clear from the novelty/surprise of everyone around me about being held on Wembley Way after the game.

I don't get away much these days but best atmosphere I have experienced in recent years by miles was Sheffield United away in the cup semi. That was proper!

Surely even when tickets go on general sale, you'd have to be a Spurs member of some sort to purchase a ticket?

I am a non member but have registered and have a reg number and can buy tickets when on general sale. To stop opposition supporters registering and buying tickets I assume ( but do not know) you have to register a little while before buying although it is difficult to stop someone doing this and then buying tickets the following season. I think as members could buy more tickets there was a lot of buying for mates at work etc that support Spurs but rarely go but fancied going to Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom