Spurs vs Man Utd. ICC, 25/7/19, KO 12:30pm BST. Shanghai

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He trod on his body as he moved away after the ball.

OK his feet have to be somewhere, but don't put it on the opposition's body.

5WksA34.jpg

Scenario with VAR this season,

1 Cue much rolling around,
2 Refer to VAR,
3 Red card for violent play.

Again , the kid pulled his leg back as MS strode away. When you re stumbling you don't pick where that back foot goes.

Why dodge that fact?

If VAR gives that as a red then the men in the box have been mugged off by the kid.

Last edited:
Again , the kid pulled his leg back as MS strode away. When you re stumbling you don't pick where that back foot goes.

Why dodge that fact?

If VAR gives that as a red then the men in the box have been mugged off by
Sorry, not a fact at all. Your interpretation of what happened. Would it have made any difference if he stood on the lad's head?

I interpret it differently.

The point I'm trying to make is that it will result in a red card being given by VAR.

The picture I posted is what the officials will see. It's pretty damning from my perspective.

With VAR and this attitude, we'll end up with 9 players on the pitch.

Everyone needs to tread very gently (pun intended) until the officials come to terms with VAR.

I'm afraid the 'over the top tackle', 'leaving your foot in', deliberate elbow in the face under the guise "I was challenging for ball", and a 'little bit of afters' have been consigned to history.
That’s just never been our game 9 times out 10 we’ve the wronged on those tackles and/ or decisions.
We’ve seen that side of Sissoko and he was suitably punished (league game v Bournemouth)
VAR didn’t punish Fernandinho against us in the CL, as we’ve seen with VAR it’s more of the same indecision, wrong decisions and confusing decisions

That’s just never been our game 9 times out 10 we’ve the wronged on those tackles and/ or decisions.
We’ve seen that side of Sissoko and he was suitably punished (league game v Bournemouth)
VAR didn’t punish Fernandinho against us in the CL, as we’ve seen with VAR it’s more of the same indecision, wrong decisions and confusing decisions

OK, but I think you'll find that we benefit as much as suffer. These things tend even out over a couple of seasons.

It's just as supporters we remember the ones that go against us, and forget the ones that don't. Human nature.

The players need to be very wary of VAR this season.

Son v Kane is the new Son v Lamela... It's bullshit and serves no genuine purpose but for building up barriers to SUPPORTING all our players and the respective qualities they bring in their own right.

Fuck fanboyism.... Esp. when it's at the unnecessary 'expense' of another of our lads; used as a mechanism to denigrate others.... Afterall, a player's strengths (and weaknesses) should stand by/for themselves.

p.s. Sissoko haters claiming he maliciously stood on that utd player yesterday... Bollocks, the kid had hold of Moussa's leg as he tried to pull away. Tough shit.

Son Vs Kane isn't an argument amongst Spurs fans though, it's an argument amongst South Korean fans following Son's current team Vs Spurs fan. It's a ridiculous argument because they're fundamentally different players. It's like a Winks Vs Eriksen argument, only had by people who don't really understand football.

OK, but I think you'll find that we benefit as much as suffer. These things tend even out over a couple of seasons.

It's just as supporters we remember the ones that go against us, and forget the ones that don't. Human nature.

The players need to be very wary of VAR this season.
As much I wear my lily-white goggles I accept where we got away with it and I can assure we suffer more than we gain

Yes players need to be aware of VAR and i'm sure with our very professional team we would have discussed these things ad infinitum

However we have seen VAR get things very wrong. Sonny's pen at Wembley in the snow that was disallowed to name one. VAR isn't a magic bullet and introduces as much controversy as it dispels, but that's a whole other discussion.

BTW i am very much in favour of it's introduction

I heard Poch apologised to manu about the tackles and on behalf of our players. If any of their players was badly injured and out for few weeks then I can see the point. But as it is, he didn't have to and I don't think Sissoko or Dele would want to.
I hope there is no motive behind it. Just a thought.

Sorry, not a fact at all. Your interpretation of what happened. Would it have made any difference if he stood on the lad's head?

No, cos the kid himself caused it.

Are you denying the kid had hold of MS's foot?

I interpret it differently.

You're choosing to overlook part of the scenario your're condemning.

Why is all i ask....

The point I'm trying to make is that it will result in a red card being given by VAR.

It's entirely clear the point your attempting to make. I just dont see how it stands as a valid contradiction to my orig. post.

The picture I posted is what the officials will see. It's pretty damning from my perspective.

All the pic you posted proves is the kid got squished, not how or why... However the V in VAR stands for 'video' (not 'picture')...

No, cos the kid himself caused it.

Are you denying the kid had hold of MS's foot?

You're choosing to overlook part of the scenario your're condemning.

Why is all i ask....

It's entirely clear the point your attempting to make. I just dont see how it stands as a valid contradiction to my orig. post.

All the pic you posted proves is the kid got squished, not how or why... However the V in VAR stands for 'video' (not 'picture')...

We see it differently.

You're not going to get sent off via VAR for grabbing someone's foot. You are going to get sent off for treading on his body.

Whether it was deliberate (I think it was) or 'accidental' only Sissoko knows.

Footballers are in control of their feet (it's what distinguishes them from us lesser mortals). In my view he knew what he was doing.

Either way it's red.

Back
Top Bottom