Spurs vs Kyle Walker's Oil Riggers 29/07/17 23:00BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's because you've got an endless wad of camel fuckers dosh buying you success for a shit club who can't even fill their own fuck hole .
We've got a tight arsed geriatric dwarf who can't be arsed to watch any games holed up Bond villian style in Bermuda
Opposites don't attract , somewhere in the middle would be a right way , financial doping buys you fat plastic cunts like yourself .
Ahem

Bahama's

To be fair our main rivals needed to strengthen considering most of them were behind us when it comes to quality in the starting eleven.

Id say they were pretty much on level terms with us now. Considering we still have one or two players coming in, I wouldn't worry.

Not sure if we can look at the city game as an idea of where we are compared to them but it feels like we need a good quality signing that won't just be a squad player and can do a job in the first 11 too when called upon. We need that bit of page on the right wing for those away draws and defeats and turn into wins. Trying to remember a bad performance that we got a win from. Those are the games that make a difference and we need that player that can give us another way to play if we have to. Guess we are all watching this space...it's getting to that time again where it's too last minute and we could end up with a shit player. If there is someone we want I wish we would just pay what they want and do the deal.

Those people aren't fans. They are impatient brats.

Rather we get the shit performances outta the way in pre season then once it all starts. All we need is players injury free and new systems and fringe players tested. That's the point of pre season instead of going all out to win some nonsense cup.

They were better and they have a better squad.

Put both sets of starters out for a match and we can compete with anyone. As soon as we go to back-ups we are going to be sub-par.

They were better and they have a better squad.

Put both sets of starters out for a match and we can compete with anyone. As soon as we go to back-ups we are going to be sub-par.
What worried me in that game was that we started with probably our strongest available XI & we took a slaughtering in that first half.
In a "real" game they wouldn't have been able to make the wholesale substitutions & let's face it, they were bringing on expensive signing after expensive signing. I think only Foden is a home grown, out of the whole squad. So I'm not surprised that in a friendly they will look strong for the full 90 minutes. They fucking well ought to. When they only have 3 subs to make, we would be able to compete better over 90 minutes. But that first half performance? We could easily have been 4-0 down. Admittedly it's only a friendly & an opportunity to get players match ready...but City's starting XI looked far more ready for the season than ours.

What worried me in that game was that we started with probably our strongest available XI & we took a slaughtering in that first half.
In a "real" game they wouldn't have been able to make the wholesale substitutions & let's face it, they were bringing on expensive signing after expensive signing. I think only Foden is a home grown, out of the whole squad. So I'm not surprised that in a friendly they will look strong for the full 90 minutes. They fucking well ought to. When they only have 3 subs to make, we would be able to compete better over 90 minutes. But that first half performance? We could easily have been 4-0 down. Admittedly it's only a friendly & an opportunity to get players match ready...but City's starting XI looked far more ready for the season than ours.
Our strongest team includes Danny Rose, Wanyama and Son.
It is in the depth of squad where they have a big advantage.

Poch had our lads do a full on double session, pre-season hardcore training session the day before the game, this also included a 60min game, in 80F degree heat!! There has been individual work too every single day whilst on tour. I wasn't sure at the time what Guardiola had his team do prior to the game, so I've done a bit of digging, I have now found out the only training his side did in the 3 days leading up to the game was "unopposed" shooting practice, that means moving the ball from back to front through the lines, but against manakins, there was no defender (only a 'keeper to beat), that was it.

Makes me feel a hell of a lot better and explains the performance and why in a competitive game (even when we are being out played, we are still one of the hardest teams to beat the 2-2 against them being prime example).

Poch had our lads do a full on double session, pre-season hardcore training session the day before the game, this also included a 60min game, in 80F degree heat!! There has been individual work too every single day whilst on tour. I wasn't sure at the time what Guardiola had his team do prior to the game, so I've done a bit of digging, I have now found out the only training his side did in the 3 days leading up to the game was "unopposed" shooting practice, that means moving the ball from back to front through the lines, but against manakins, there was no defender (only a 'keeper to beat), that was it.

Makes me feel a hell of a lot better and explains the performance and why in a competitive game (even when we are being out played, we are still one of the hardest teams to beat the 2-2 against them being prime example).
Excuses, excuses! Doesn't matter what we did and what they did, they looked so much better than us in this game and in the 2-2 where if their strikers had better luck, we would have been utterly spanked. Two things as a result of this, Poch needs to sort out a new game plan against teams who press us just as hard as we press against weaker teams. We have always struggled against Klopp's Liverpool just the same way. And second, we need to sign players that improve the squad. Doesn't matter if we have an amazing starting 11, if we lose Kane/ Alderweireld/Wanyama we are done for. Doesn't matter that we did ok last season when they were injured, we still need to sort out the strength of the squad and get better.

Walker signed for a filthy rich club funded by Middle Eastern oil funds... who 20 years ago were in the (old) 3rd Division... and at the weekend, they won a meaningless pre-season friendly.
He's hardly won the Internet!

Excuses, excuses! Doesn't matter what we did and what they did, they looked so much better than us in this game and in the 2-2 where if their strikers had better luck, we would have been utterly spanked. Two things as a result of this, Poch needs to sort out a new game plan against teams who press us just as hard as we press against weaker teams. We have always struggled against Klopp's Liverpool just the same way. And second, we need to sign players that improve the squad. Doesn't matter if we have an amazing starting 11, if we lose Kane/ Alderweireld/Wanyama we are done for. Doesn't matter that we did ok last season when they were injured, we still need to sort out the strength of the squad and get better.
We do struggle against teams that press us & whilst we will still win more than we lose, we look devoid of ideas & rely on a great keeper & a stubborn defence. I'd love to see us with a defined plan B when this happens.

Of course it fucking matters. Tell you what, lets have a race, lets do a half marathon, you against me, only difference is you need to complete a full marathon for 3 consecutive days at pace prior to our head to head, me I'm gonna rest up.

We didn't press them, well actually we did for the first 10 mins and looked OK, but guess they couldn't keep that up what with double sessions and all that. Let's also not conveniently forget the absolute spanking we gave them at our place, when we out pressed them, hhhmm must have been a figment of my imagination, it didn't happen because we don't know how to play against teams that press.

Granted, I didn't enjoy watching it, because I don't like seeing us get comprehensively out played, but fuck me what a knee jerk response, they haven't beaten us once in two seasons in games that are competitive, you know the ones that actually matter.

At least get some facts straight, we lost Kane, Alderwield last season both being out for 3 months, we lost Rose for half the season, Vertonghen for 2 months (may be more) Son, Dier, Lloris, Dembele and Lamela for 3/4 of the season too, we were not "done for". Fucking hell what an over-reaction.

There is a valid argument for Poch to play a different system against teams that aggressively press us, but seeing as we only lost 4 league games last season, only one of those games as a result of being pressed high up the pitch, I'd suggest that is another massive over-reaction on your part. For me the Liverpool away game was frustrating as it was clear they were shite against teams that sat back, I feel that we could have taken this approach too but seeing as the manager has only had us sit deep once (is first NLD) I doubt we will see him have us play that way, he is wedded too his attacking style of football and I salute him for this.

Of course it fucking matters. Tell you what, lets have a race, lets do a half marathon, you against me, only difference is you need to complete a full marathon for 3 consecutive days at pace prior to our head to head, me I'm gonna rest up.

We didn't press them, well actually we did for the first 10 mins and looked OK, but guess they couldn't keep that up what with double sessions and all that. Let's also not conveniently forget the absolute spanking we gave them at our place, when we out pressed them, hhhmm must have been a figment of my imagination, it didn't happen because we don't know how to play against teams that press.

Granted, I didn't enjoy watching it, because I don't like seeing us get comprehensively out played, but fuck me what a knee jerk response, they haven't beaten us once in two seasons in games that are competitive, you know the ones that actually matter.

At least get some facts straight, we lost Kane, Alderwield last season both being out for 3 months, we lost Rose for half the season, Vertonghen for 2 months (may be more) Son, Dier, Lloris, Dembele and Lamela for 3/4 of the season too, we were not "done for". Fucking hell what an over-reaction.

There is a valid argument for Poch to play a different system against teams that aggressively press us, but seeing as we only lost 4 league games last season, only one of those games as a result of being pressed high up the pitch, I'd suggest that is another massive over-reaction on your part. For me the Liverpool away game was frustrating as it was clear they were shite against teams that sat back, I feel that we could have taken this approach too but seeing as the manager has only had us sit deep once (is first NLD) I doubt we will see him have us play that way, he is wedded too his attacking style of football and I salute him for this.

If we have the exact same kind of season this time, where we still lose players and more teams don't figure out how to effectively press us, then whatever you say mate. But common sense dictates, when we play high press teams, we sometimes let them dominate us too much where in the past two seasons, we have just been lucky not to lose the Liverpool games. We struggled against west ham, city due to the high press as well. There's absolutely nothing wrong in understanding our weakness and then working on improving it. And in terms of the signings and injuries, once in the entire span of maybe last 10 years, we have managed to successfully play well while our key players were injured. And even then, due to Kane missing early in the season last year, we did lose winnable points. So doesn't matter how we did in the past, we need to better the quality of the squad.

Real Madrid won their 3rd champions league in 4 years, and even they are looking to sign players and get better! What makes a Spurs team that finished second any different? Even if we win the quadruple, we should be looking to improve our squad! And after losing a starting 11 player like Kyle Walker? If somehow Poch turns every youngster coming through into Messi and makes the team win trophies, yeah fair enough. But the odds of that happening is what? It's a huge risk to not sign established players at the moment we are right now!

If we have the exact same kind of season this time, where we still lose players and more teams don't figure out how to effectively press us, then whatever you say mate. But common sense dictates, when we play high press teams, we sometimes let them dominate us too much where in the past two seasons, we have just been lucky not to lose the Liverpool games. We struggled against west ham, city due to the high press as well. There's absolutely nothing wrong in understanding our weakness and then working on improving it. And in terms of the signings and injuries, once in the entire span of maybe last 10 years, we have managed to successfully play well while our key players were injured. And even then, due to Kane missing early in the season last year, we did lose winnable points. So doesn't matter how we did in the past, we need to better the quality of the squad.

Real Madrid won their 3rd champions league in 4 years, and even they are looking to sign players and get better! What makes a Spurs team that finished second any different? Even if we win the quadruple, we should be looking to improve our squad! And after losing a starting 11 player like Kyle Walker? If somehow Poch turns every youngster coming through into Messi and makes the team win trophies, yeah fair enough. But the odds of that happening is what? It's a huge risk to not sign established players at the moment we are right now!
I have not once mentioned the squad and what should be done with it/them, talking solely about the City game, that's all. Offered up and backed up a reason for being so shit, that's all. You can keep talking about the squad and transfer all you want but quite frankly I am bored beyond belief of a) writing about it and b) having to read the same shit every fucking day, multiple times over and over and over and over and over again boring as fuck mate, round and round in fucking circles. Please talk to someone else about the fucking squad and buying players, you are getting rich out of me. (Check the thread title, talk about the game, if you wanna do transfers go pick on some other shmuck).

West Ham did not press us high up the pitch, they sat deep and put pressure on our midfield, not with intention to break though and attack, just to break-up, block and spoil our game.

Loads of teams try to press us, all fail with the exception of City and Liverpool. When I say fail Liverpool beat us once and City didn't beat us at all!! You seem to be having massive strop (initially over a pre-season friendly) over two teams that gave us in total 3 uncomfortable games (1 from City, 2 from Liverpool) Liverpool draw coming from a dubious and debatable penalty (not open play). Again, sit back take a breather, this is the reality of your panic, seems a bit OTT no? And of course we can look to do something about that, I stated that in my previous post.

Back
Top Bottom