Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decent point in the circumstances. It was our hardest game left, we have a decent lead of Chelsea, we were playing a team scrapping for their lives who were much more up for it, we had a weakened team and a huge game a few days later. Let's hope the chavs slip up against Burnley. If not, yes I'd be worried, but we should be just fine.

On another note, the Amex was the hardest stadium I've ever had the displeasure of trying to get away from. Worse than Old Trafford and a lot worse than Wembley now that I know all the routes. Decided to get there/go home via Lewes in order to avoid what we thought would be a big crush going in to Brighton and then out again. Both routes from Falmer station had massive queues (1 hour+ in our case), we just got to Lewes in time to leg it onto the last train back to London, literally one minute later and it would have been an overnight stop there or an extortionate cab home.

Decent point in the circumstances. It was our hardest game left, we have a decent lead of Chelsea, we were playing a team scrapping for their lives who were much more up for it, we had a weakened team and a huge game a few days later. Let's hope the chavs slip up against Burnley. If not, yes I'd be worried, but we should be just fine.

On another note, the Amex was the hardest stadium I've ever had the displeasure of trying to get away from. Worse than Old Trafford and a lot worse than Wembley now that I know all the routes. Decided to get there/go home via Lewes in order to avoid what we thought would be a big crush going in to Brighton and then out again. Both routes from Falmer station had massive queues (1 hour+ in our case), we just got to Lewes in time to leg it onto the last train back to London, literally one minute later and it would have been an overnight stop there or an extortionate cab home.

Not been to the Amex but used to study at Falmer campus and it’s notoriously hard to get to

Upside. I was tucked up in bed at 23.00.
Met Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite and benjomess benjomess along with shempz shempz
Lewes FC opened the club bar just for us for pre-match drinking

Downside. The match.
Thanks for sorting Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor . You did well to get back early. I couldn’t get away from the Amex for more than an hour. Queues and trains were worse than anything I’ve experienced at Wembley. Pretty awful match though!

Thanks for sorting Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor . You did well to get back early. I couldn’t get away from the Amex for more than an hour. Queues and trains were worse than anything I’ve experienced at Wembley. Pretty awful match though!

We left bang on the whistle. shempz shempz left literally 2 minutes before us got an the train TWO before us!

People like to complain about transport links at WHL....the AMEX is ridiculous.

OK I am a Liverpool fan but some of the comments on here make me cringe. This season Spurs have been one of the best sides in Europe(not just the UK) All the teams go through spells where they are poor. Saw off Madrid and still fourth in the league whilst in between stadiums. Spent next to nothing on players. I'll tell you what 98% of the clubs in Europe would swap places with you tomorrow. You have a brilliant young manager, some of the best players in the Premier League and play football that's great to watch. Still as Adolf Hitler said"You cant please everyone"
Hillsborough: A final tribute to one of our own 9 May 2016 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

Welcome to the delights of Southern Rail. Terrible service all year round!

Thanks to Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor for sorting a very pleasant gathering beforehand. Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite I owe you a beer.
Such a shame the game itself was so dire. Impressed with the Amex, other than the transport links; as others have said, it was an absolute mission getting out.
Anyone listening outside the ground would have thought that Brighton scored fourteen or fifteen goals - they cheered every ball won, every missed pass from Spurs etc. Slightly odd.
Anyway, nothing else to do but look forward to Saturday. COYS.

OK I am a Liverpool fan but some of the comments on here make me cringe. This season Spurs have been one of the best sides in Europe(not just the UK) All the teams go through spells where they are poor. Saw off Madrid and still fourth in the league whilst in between stadiums. Spent next to nothing on players. I'll tell you what 98% of the clubs in Europe would swap places with you tomorrow. You have a brilliant young manager, some of the best players in the Premier League and play football that's great to watch. Still as Adolf Hitler said"You cant please everyone"

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

You lot really are cunts.

Amiri, Hitler. You must think you’re quite clever you human waste pile

Go away you horrible individual. Acting all nice and reasonable and then finishing off with a comment like that. Shameful.

Agree. Shameful.

I’d certainly challenge the suggestion that Hitler said it. Which, if correct, flushes out any suggestion the original poster was innocent of the stupidity of his remarks - absolutely pathetic reference and completely ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom