Spurs v Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think this will be pretty comfortable. I'd just love a clean sheet. Our only 'difficult' game in my eyes is Chelsea on December 23rd. I'd like to remain unbeaten in the league this year and have a real fucking go next year.

I'd also like Rihanna to burst out of my Christmas stocking wearing a t-shirt with BAE on it so I'm not overly confident. Still wouldn't rule it out though. Christmas is magical.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp will be back in the dugout for Monday's Premier League game with Aston Villa.

The 64-year-old former Portsmouth and West Ham boss missed Spurs' games against Fulham and Rubin Kazan after undergoing minor heart surgery.

"I feel fine, I've got more energy than I had before. I'll be on the bench for sure," he said.

"Sometimes you don't realise there's something wrong. I feel better than I did three weeks ago."

Spurs will climb to third in the Premier League if they can beat Villa.

"It'll be a tough game. There are six teams at the top pushing for the top four," added Redknapp.

"There's us, Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea - it looks like it could be any one from four.

"And Aston Villa certainly look like they will be the one pushing to get into that top group."

[formation=4-4-2 GK=Friedel D=BAE King Kaboul Walker DM= M=Bale Parker Modric Lennon AM= S=DEFOE Adebayor]IF VDV doesn't make it - Adebayor playing slightly behind Defoe[/formation]

I just playin'...

[formation=4-4-2 GK= D=x x x x DM= M=[img]http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/bale-agh.png[/img]
parker.png
modric.png
lennon.png
AM= S=:1dlzdpby]What a midfield! :harrysmile:[/formation]

Feels like ages since the Fulham game so I'm absolutely buzzin my moobs off right now. It's going to be a long day, roll on 16:30!

never going to win this game. I wasn't confident before and now we've got the chance to move into 3rd spot? NEVER going to win. It's not the Spurs way and God dammit if we do win it Redknapp has changed the Spurs I know and love. It'll be too confusing for me to contemplate.

Disappointment is what I'm used to, especially when we have the chance to ram something home. We're meant to drop points in both our games in hand or it's quite possibly the end of the world.

I'm scared of Agbonglawhore - he's on form and tends to play well against us,

Its also set up for Hutton/Bent to score.

But we will win. We have to. Chance to go 3rd with a game in hand, its crymax stuff this.

drwinston001 said:
never going to win this game. I wasn't confident before and now we've got the chance to move into 3rd spot? NEVER going to win. It's not the Spurs way and God dammit if we do win it Redknapp has changed the Spurs I know and love. It'll be too confusing for me to contemplate.

Disappointment is what I'm used to, especially when we have the chance to ram something home. We're meant to drop points in both our games in hand or it's quite possibly the end of the world.

"Spurs take gilt-edged opportunity to go third with a game in hand still in the back pocket"

I'm sure that's one of the signs of an impending apocalypse.

This feeling, optimism, I don't like it. Can I have my "transitional season" back please

Can't make it tonight, half price ticket West Stand Lower if anyone can collect from me in Herts. DM me if interested.

Fucking Sky Sports, no thought for the working man, Monday night has to be the stupidest time to play a football match. :vdv:

kushty said:
All I want is a saturday 15:00 fucking kick off!!!

That's my new mantra. Would have been one 3pm kick off by December had Everton game gone ahead, that's a joke.
Chelsea on a Thursday night is the biggest piss take. Another one I'm missing. WTF is that all about.

Our only game on a saturday 15:00 this side of christmas is Bolton at home in few weeks.

I always always expecting our game against the chavs to be changed for tv coverage but thursday night 2 days before xmas is a fecking joke

Back
Top Bottom