Spurs v Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thelonious

The Fighting Cock
Thelonious World Peace
The game feels like absolutely ages away, I've almost forgotten just how amazing Spurs are. This season I don't believe in jinxes or humility, we'll shit em!

Who's going? Predictions? line-ups?

[formation=4-4-2 GK=Friedel D=BAE King Kaboul Walker DM= M=Bale Parker Modric Lennon AM= S=VDV Adebayor]team picks itself, 2-1 win[/formation]

2-0 up at half time, they'll score in the first 15 minutes of the second half, we'll all say "here we go again" and then get another 2 in the last 15.

4-1. Ade to get 2.

I'm going.

I think we're gonna struggle a little after the international break.

We'll win 4-2 but we score the last goal in injury time

SpursUltra said:
2-0 up at half time, they'll score in the first 15 minutes of the second half, we'll all say "here we go again" and then get another 2 in the last 15.

4-1. Ade to get 2.

Pretty much this

I'm going and I'm going to say 3-1 spurs with that exact line up.

Spurs to go 2-0 up in the first half and Darren bent grab one back for Villa and it be squeeky bum time for the rest of the game only until Defoe comes on and scores a 87th minute goal to settle the nerves!

Not sure what to make of Villa so far. Think Agbonlahor might be out which would be a bonus but then they will probably pack the midfield and try for a 0-0, especially under Mcleish.

Hopefully we can wear them down eventually and keep a clean sheet for a change.

2-0 Spurs. Big bad Ade and Bale to continue his goalscoring form.

villa are draw merchants at best, yes they have thorns that can potentially be in our side, however, we SHOULD have far too much for them. we're the best team in the world remember. ;)

BELIEVE.

a 2-1 rape job probably, hoping for at least 8 though this week and a clean sheet for brad.

0-0 with both keepers vying for MOM. Always seem to draw against villa when we are all over them.

The international break was not kind to us, will take another couple of weeks to find groove again.

Hope I'm wrong, like the sound of a 'rape job'.

With Barry Bannan, one of their best CM's suspended I think for DUI, they'll have a whole in midfield, which according to Villa fans, may be filled by Heskey.

Happy days.

My Villa mate tweeted me after I said VDV would miss out with this:

'You'll still hammer us, or at least you should be disappointed should you not get 3 points. Villa are poor. In both senses'

I reckon a customary 2-1 after they level in the first half. We batter them, Given plays like that Polish keeper in 77 at Wembley yet we edge home late on.

Villa fan mate of mine:

"Gabby probably out, heskey upfront, can we forfeit now?"

We beat this bunch twice last year didn't we, even with 10 men at their place so I'm confident we can do the job. They lost at home to West Brom and Norwich gave them a scare so they are hardly in the best of form.

Villa only have one good player.........Shay Given and 2 decent players in Gabby & Dunne.

Hopefully Hutton will get sent off. Fans will boo him & he's the type of prick that will try to breaks Bales leg when Gareth skins him.

Am I the only one who thinks Given isn't actually that good?

Our midfield should just completely dominate this match. In their last match they played the following:

................Given
Hutton Dunne Collins Warnock
.....N'Zogbia Petrov Herd
................Heskey
........Agbonlahor Bent

Jenas can't play, Ireland has declined massively since he had his good season under Hughes at Citeh, Albrighton is a winger who will hardly be able to cope with us.

I've changed my mind, we're gonna smash 'em.

Back
Top Bottom