Spurs v Villa 19/20 Ratings and Ramblings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
I disagree with this in the context of the goal.
If a LB sees a runner, coming through the middle, with no one else around he absolutely has to track him, tuck in to cover the run etc.
As a defender you have to try and cover the immediate danger, McGinn in this case, there was no other danger/attacking players around.
I' not blaming Danny for going down, he was trying to block a shot and got it wrong, it's his starting position that was at fault. There was no need whatsoever to be that wide.

I'll just have to agree to disagree

deliverance_2924d63136039825419fbe36defa96c686907037.jpg

images

images.jpg

JMlp3yj.png

Toby wins a duel with Villa's striker, looks up to assess his options...
KjFPy1m.png

Still assessing his options...
LenUEfT.png

Sissoko decides to skip town.
XV7ULy2.png

He's thoughtful enough to offer Toby some advice, mind you. There's that outstretched arm again.
yo0zqbI.png

Tobes is under severe pressure from The Peaky Blinders...
XCYn8cN.png

Where are you going, Toby? Get your head up, man!
8eFTVSk.png

zILSvBF.png

Tobes is on his arse.
9hXNeDo.png

Tobes is flapping his arms now. I'm not sure what his problem is.

Last edited:
JMlp3yj.png

Toby wins a duel with Villa's striker, looks up to assess his options...
KjFPy1m.png

Still assessing his options...
LenUEfT.png

Sissoko decides to skip town.
XV7ULy2.png

He's thoughtful enough to offer Toby some advice, mind you. There's that outstretched arm again.
yo0zqbI.png

Tobes is under severe pressure from The Peaky Blinders...
XCYn8cN.png

Where are you going, Toby? Get your head up, man!
8eFTVSk.png

zILSvBF.png

Tobes is on his arse.
9hXNeDo.png

Tobes is flapping his arms now. I'm not sure what his problem is.

Not sure why he isn't just passing that to Winks.

If Rose continued to cover, he'd have got the ball. Rose completely switches off and then when he scrambles back, he makes yet another error by going to ground.

Round about the 15 second mark, Rose sort of hesitates for no reason. Everything he done after that didn't help his cause.

In f act, just by watching that clip I am not even sure Sanchez could EVER make a header to clear it. It's a wildly overhit ball which McGinn gambled on fair play to him. Sissoko poor for not tracking him. Rose poor for failing to cover and going to ground.

15 seconds he hesitates for a split second because it wasn't clear where the ball was going to land. Wasn't for no reason mate.

15 seconds he hesitates for a split second because it wasn't clear where the ball was going to land. Wasn't for no reason mate.

If he continues covering round, he cuts it out. Or the very least forces McGinn wider. Strange because Rose is usually very good at covering.

9 of them. Never change, Totti.

To give you a serious answer, if he moves there's no angle to pass.

The question you should be asking isnt why isn't Winks moving, it's why isn't he demanding the ball. Which I assume he wasn't because he's in a good position to receive the ball.

To give you a serious answer, if he moves there's no angle to pass.

The question you should be asking isnt why isn't Winks moving, it's why isn't he demanding the ball. Which I assume he wasn't because he's in a good position to receive the ball.
Right. He does not demand the ball.

Though I don't think he is in a good position to receive the ball in all 9 screenshots.

Why is Winks standing still?

Without going back and watching it, Winks is giving TA an clear pass initially (it's hard to tell if he demands the ball, he could be, but with our back to us, we can't be sure), and continues to look available through the frames, but maybe once TA rejected that, does Winks not have to start thinking about holding his position - or even dropping a pace or two - because TA is now out of position as a CB?

Either way, what Sissoko does is fucking atrocious. I posted up some similar frames from the CL final, where Sissoko does something very similar to Winks, and then he's even in a bit of space.

I've watched that game again now a couple of times. Sissoko was fucking atrocious. How the fuck is it possible for a CM in a game where we have 65% of the ball, to only receive the ball 29 times?

Well here's the answer - we are desperately trying to construct something in forward areas and struggling, Winks is on the ball, got his head up and looking for an outlet, Sissoko finds himself in a perfect position, centrally, in space with players ahead of him, but instead of demanding the ball, the fucking coward is just standing there POINTING Winks to go backwards.

gSNdIjI.png

You want to know why we don't have a midfield anymore, why performances were so fucking atrocious this season, this photo gives you an insight.

Ladies and gentleman, your hero.

Without going back and watching it, Winks is giving TA an clear pass initially (it's hard to tell if he demands the ball, he could be, but with our back to us, we can't be sure), and continues to look available through the frames, but maybe once TA rejected that, does Winks not have to start thinking about holding his position - or even dropping a pace or two - because TA is now out of position as a CB?

Make your comment a complete waste of everyone's time .... why bother?

Just to have yet another dig at Sissoko? who would have guessed that .............

Make your comment a complete waste of everyone's time .... why bother?

Just to have yet another dig at Sissoko? who would have guessed that .............
Bollocks you did the same over Sanchez not headering the ball for the Villa goal and when it was pointed out it was 10 yards over his head you fucking disappeared...

Back
Top Bottom